MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hon Kit

Malaysianwings 9th Anniversary - 28 June 2014

Hi guys, its time to propose for a gathering for all of us to celebrate Malaysianwings 9th anniversary.

Date will be the last saturday of June which fall on the 28th.

Kindly suggest where shall we meet this time.

Hi folks, I've already bought AK tickets to join Malaysianwings 9th anniversary. ETA 26/6 AM ETD30/6PM. Any suggestion about spotting locations outside of KUL and Penang (as I'll go there after SIN airshow)? Thanks

Flee, with pleasure having a ride to SZB with you. As for BKI it's too far away but I may try if I can get cheap airfares and Clarence is there :-)

Vu Loc, don't worry - BKI fares are now very competitive with Malindo Air stirring the pot.

I am planning to visit Singapore Air Show too - but not sure of when I will be going. Travel plans still on hold... :)

Flee, with pleasure having a ride to SZB with you. As for BKI it's too far away but I may try if I can get cheap airfares and Clarence is there :-)

Come come. :D

Come come. :D

Waiping, when will you fly to KUL for the anniversary, 27/6 or 28/6? I'm about to book AK flights to BKI but may wait for your flight schedule. Return flights cost only 298MYR incl seat selection

Why not u book ur flight and I will accommodate ur schedule? I haven't book mine. May fly other airlines instead of AK.

Hon Kit, I remember from last year poll & conversation that MW anniversary will follow a cycle of 1 year Malaysia/ 1 year abroad. This year venue is in Malaysia but it could be elsewhere than KL area?

Hon Kit, I remember from last year poll & conversation that MW anniversary will follow a cycle of 1 year Malaysia/ 1 year abroad. This year venue is in Malaysia but it could be elsewhere than KL area?

Oh really. Anyway, no matter where, glad that you are coming and will be getting to meet you again.

There are not much place we can go. Most accessible as of now is KUL and BKI.

Would go for KUL and BKI as well...haven't been to both places for awhile now :(

Would love to be back in 2014 !!!

How's spotting nowadays at KLIA ? Have seen some great videos on Youtube recently, meaning road to Weather-station open again (?)

Would go for KUL and BKI as well...haven't been to both places for awhile now :(

Would love to be back in 2014 !!!

How's spotting nowadays at KLIA ? Have seen some great videos on Youtube recently, meaning road to Weather-station open again (?)

Hello Pieter, road to weather station has reopen only to a certain distance. Weather station seems closed as of now.

But spotting seems good and our anniversary in 2014 there should be a good one.

Hello Pieter, road to weather station has reopen only to a certain distance. Weather station seems closed as of now.

But spotting seems good and our anniversary in 2014 there should be a good one.

Good to hear that...quite some interesting traffic nowadays at KLIA for a Dutch spotter :)

Off Topic: Holy Smokes, CeeBee, see you've now secured IL9 as well in your travel plans !!!

Happy to see that Mwing's anniversary celebrations could return to KUL again. I will mark the date on my calendar this year ... looking forward to it. But before that, I gather we will be seeing lots of you folks in Singapore for the airshow.

KC Sim

No roster for the end of June for me as yet....will try to squeeze out some days off and be there in KUL for the celebration/festivities...:)

Since it is in KUL, we can perhaps try to organise a dinner on the Friday or Saturday night? A sort of rehearsal for the 10th anniversary? :)

As members of Malaysianwings gather to mark this community's 9th anniversary in Kuala Lumpur ... the day's spotting should begin with a minute's silence to honour the crew and passengers of MH370. Whatever lands during that minute should be ignored and the silent tribute should prevail.

I hope to join you in this gathering.

KC Sim