MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Royal Malaysian Police Air Wing

Guys,

Any of you know how many aircraft operated by the Air Wing of PDRM?

So far,i only knew about their Cessna 208 Caravan,Eurocopter AS355N Eceureil,Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter and their new Hawker Beechcraft King Air.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Guys,

Any of you know how many aircraft operated by the Air Wing of PDRM?

So far,i only knew about their Cessna 208 Caravan,Eurocopter AS355N Eceureil,Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter and their new Hawker Beechcraft King Air.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

My records have the PDRM currently operating:

3 x King Air (9M-PTA to PTC)

5 x PC-6 (9M-PSE, PSG, PSH, PSI, PSK) - 9M-PSF and PSJ have both been written off

6 x Cessna 208 (9M-PSL to PSQ)

3 x Cessna U206 (9M-PSA, PSB and PSD) - 9M-PSC was damaged in an accident and is now on display at the PDRM museum in KL

8 x AS355N (9M-PHD to PHH and PHJ to PHL) - 9M-PHI was written off

2 x AS355F2 (9M-PHA and PHB)

They also operated a Bell 206L-3 (9M-PHC) but this was written off - Does anyone have a photo of this aircraft?

I believe the above numbers are correct but I am not sure if the AS355F2s and Cessna U206s are still flying.

Geoff

Thanks a lot for the info,Geoff :lol:

Since i've uploaded a photo of PDRM PC-6 while airborne back in 2007 to MyAviation.net.

Thanks again for the info!

The PDRM Air Wing have acquired several Cessna 172s including 9M-PSR, 9M-PSS, 9M-PST and 9M-PSU.

They have been reported at Sungai Besi and Ipoh.

You can see three parked at Ipoh in this picture C172 Trainers @ IPH

Anyone know how many they have now?

Geoff

4 cessna 172SP....ur reg numbers r correct...WMKI is our training base.we train pilots up to PPL level before sending them for their ATPL in malacca/kota bahru for fixed wing and chopper line aus/intergrated for choppers...adios

Can anyone tell me if the Beech 350s use fixed callsigns please? I often hear Police 12A/12B/12C on the air and naturally assume that they would be 9M-PTA/B/C respectively - is this always the case or do they ever use a non-matching callsign like Police 12C for 9M-PTA for example?

Edited by RobK

My records have the PDRM currently operating:

They also operated a Bell 206L-3 (9M-PHC) but this was written off - Does anyone have a photo of this aircraft?

Geoff

Geoff,

Rather an old thread revitalised! There is a photo here:

www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1319885/

Regards,

Andy

Can anyone tell me if the Beech 350s use fixed callsigns please? I often hear Police 12A/12B/12C on the air and naturally assume that they would be 9M-PTA/B/C respectively - is this always the case or do they ever use a non-matching callsign like Police 12C for 9M-PTA for example?

Thanks smile.gif

Rob,

AFAIK they have fixed callsigns.

The 9M-PS_ aircraft use "Police 11_" and the helicopters "Chopper [digit]

Andy