MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

Saw this from Airliners.net today:

A New Destionation for TK:

Returning to KUL for the 3rd time:

3 weekly Via BKK:

Turkish Airlines

TK 62 Ataturk (IST), Istanbul, Turkey

Terminal I 23:50

KLIA (KUL), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Terminal M 17:15+1 day(s)

1 stop(s)

332 12h25min

Monday

Thursday

Saturday

Service to start 26th March 2007, according to amadeus.net

Hope this is reliable news. :rolleyes:

Edited by Daniel Ng

Also, starting 6th April 2007, Air China will be going daily on its PEK-KUL route.

It will be an increased in frequency from the current 4x weekly.

Again, good news for KUL

Omg, mid east airline keep coming and coming, what's next MEA? Even better it arrives during lights on!! And this month as well!!!

Edited by Seth K

Guess it's true, this is what my system shows:

EFF DISC DAYS DEP ARR FLIGHT EQU CL ST

26EFF DISC DAYS DEP ARR FLIGHT EQU CL ST

25MAR 27OCT 1..4.6. 2350 IST *1715 KUL TK 062 332 JCD 1

25MAR 26OCT .2..5.7 2020 KUL *0550 IST TK 063 332 JCD 1

:good:

hmm interesting, because there is no any information about new international destinations on THY official website. Also I couldn't find reservation options after March. 25March is not far away time just 1,5 months later and they should be begin promotions or marketings. (www.thy.com)

Also, starting 6th April 2007, Air China will be going daily on its PEK-KUL route.

It will be an increased in frequency from the current 4x weekly.

Will the flight be during the daytime or nighttime? :huh: :help:

From the schedule it seems that the aircraft will do overnight stay at KUL, or it has a tag on flight to probably CGK or etc ?

No - the aircraft rests for about 3 hrs in KUL before returning to BKK/IST.

Great news for KLIA and TK !!!!

But lets hope they sustain their service into KUL and

not make crazy statements like what they made before

when they pulled out of KUL and stated that they are

better off serving HKG and SIN than KUL instead !!!

Thats what LH did and now they are back, but lets hope

they too stay on and improve their services into KUL !!!

:clapping:

I'm asking my friends who are working as operation in THY but they don't know any news about KUL flights! but they said that , Jakarta is talking about for new destinations. As I said, there is no official news on THY web site or local aviaiton news. I'm checking everynight for getting newest news and if I knew something I'll be post here.

Omg, mid east airline keep coming and coming, what's next MEA? Even better it arrives during lights on!! And this month as well!!!

Hhmm... wish some would 'spill' over to PEN as well.... we got no more Adam Air...

Guest Levent

Hi guys,

I heard some rumours that Turkish Airlines is planning to re-start services to Kuala Lumpur. If so, I wonder whether they will fly IST-KUL non-stop or extend the IST-BKK leg. This would be logical, as the plane currently sits on the tarmac at BKK the whole day.

I would personally very much like this latter option, as I definitely prefer TK over Lufthansa - I usually fly with LH on this route.

Did any of you hear anything about this?

there no official pressbulletin from THY about IST-KUL via BKK. last year THY stopped Singapore flght via Bangkok after they started from direct flight from IST to SIN with new A330s.thatswhy THY's aircrafts can be waition on tarmac. also few montsh ago there is another rumours about opening Istanbul to Jakarta line again after several years.

I'll ask our guys from THY crews or teams and I'll inform you.

I heard some rumours that Turkish Airlines is planning to re-start services to Kuala Lumpur. If so, I wonder whether they will fly IST-KUL non-stop or extend the IST-BKK leg. This would be logical, as the plane currently sits on the tarmac at BKK the whole day.

They actually never start service to KUL(no knowledge about 5+ years ago thou), but from the other thread, TK supposed to add KUL in March but canceled last minute............the rumors give a new hope to our spotters :rolleyes:

Edited by Seth K

Turkish Airlines intend to fly into KLIA by 2012.

Saw this while wikipedia-ing. There was an article where the info. was sourced from but I can't seem to find it anymore. Should have saved it!

Will paste it here once I find it.

Till then, great news that another heavyweight is gonna serve our Satellite Terminal!

Good news if it comes true.

BUT

I think it is a long shot and Wikipedia is not the most reliable source when it comes to news of this nature. In South East Asia, TK is currently serving BKK, SIN and CGK (via SIN). How can KUL, which is located next to these airports is going to fit in? MH serves IST 3 weekly non stop (flight MH 30/31) and if TK is interested in KUL, I think they could at least code share with this flight. MH has planned to code share with TK since like 2 years ago (during DSIJ's time), but until now the MoU has yet to be signed, I wonder what happened.

Being positive, the only way I see it viable is as a tag-on to the BKK flight.

By the way, I think the thread title should read 'The Turk Comes to KLIA'. 'The Turkey' sounds weird, reminds me of Thanksgiving LOL!

I agree with Azizul. I had some discuss with my friend who is working in THY flight operation about Turkish Airline's new destination and I asked him "why THY doesn't fly to KL?". He said that " Malaysia Airlines is really succesfull on this route for a long time and they are flying 3 times in a week.Also THY has codeshare with MH already.I don't think so THY should be join this route for taking a part of market cake.There is a good airline flies on this route and it is not necesary to make challenge. Turkish Airlines will be try to fly other SouthAsian destinations such as HoChiMinh,Dhakka etc"

So, wiki makes rumours!

I think we have to look at this on a "wider scale" ...

TK is clearly focused on expanding in SE Asia. So, additional destinations have to be expected ;)

Next to this i know that TK is intensively working on serving Manila via BKK !

(although they already stated said they would probably go non-stop IST-MNL if traffic rights between BKK and MNL are not granted ! )

The Philippine Government is opposing to TK´s IST-BKK-MNL planned routing !

(opposing to almost any foreign airlines´s plans except the arabian ones :angry: - For whatever is the reason ...)

Maybe TK is considering IST-KUL-MNL instead as a back-up alternative ???

The fact that MH serves KUL-IST vv. thrice weekly is not much of importance regarding a code-share agreement !

I think here comes into play that MH is not member of any alliance but TK is Star member ...

TK is trying to strengthen their own SE Asian and Star Alliance´s presence at the same time !

So, a code sharing MH/TK on that route probably doesn´t fit into Star Alliance´s plans - in particuar if TK may consider a tag-on to MNL which generates sufficient through traffic !!! <_<

Edited by Juergen Witte

I don't think so THY is thinks about KUL in near future even used to be stop over for MNL. THY has nice operations in BKK and SIN. Probably they don't think to open a new station in KUL neiter Kualalumpur nor stop over point for Manila. SIN is using very efficient by THY and since last year, they are flying to Jakarta via Singapore. Probably Singapore will be use for Manila with increase frequency IST-SIN flights. Maybe THY can be get a new decide for Sydney flight that would be planned in future. Turkish Airlines A340 and B777-300ER are not enough for flying non-stop on theese routes and they need a stop in there. At that time, if there is no slot in Singapore, KUL can be use for technical stop as a new destination.

But, Turkish Airlines orders new widebody planes, so they need to find destinations to fly for new planes. Kualalumpur always one of the possible destinations in Turkish Airlines future expand plan.

Turkish Airlines is planning IST-KUL-SYD!

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4962644/

I am excited!

If that really happens, it would be real great news! TK can finally "globally yours" into Malaysia! However, if the Malaysian Government approves it, it would contradict with D7's denial into plying the KUL - SYD route. Something could explain here, they want TK to operate in KLIA as part of expansion of KUL's hub and attract TK's return. This could have led them to grant D7 to fly into Sydney!

Great news if true, but a post like that does not seem solid at all. Just words.

Hopefully we'll hear more soon.