MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

KLIA Express ERL Fare Hike Effective 1 January 2016

ERL has announced that one-way fare between KLIA/klia2 and KL Sentral will be increased by RM20, to RM55. Other destinations along KLIA transit services apparently also see fare hikes (KLIA/klia2 to BTS will be RM38.40)

Apparently, based on their contract, they could have revised the fare to RM64.

Tickets bought via website, app and kiosk will see a discount of 10% i.e. RM49.50 for final fare.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2015/12/01/erl-passengers-to-pay-more/

IIRC, the current RM 35 fare has remained since it opened. This is the first fare increase in its history.

Under ERL concession, ERL is subsidized by every pax using KUL regardless.

85% chance that MAHB will similarly increase car park charge at KUL.

Edited by KK Lee

ERL need to increase its frequency or extend its train lenght to cope with his increasing number of pax since the KLIA2 service commencement

Everything naik is a fact of life worldwide.

Gaji naik is a fact of life too, so, it is not more expensive as you have more money to pay for it. So everything balances out.... but err... in Malaysia gaji naik is non-existent....

Maybe they can use the extra money to increase the capacity/frequency of trains. Wishful thinking, I know...

These days, If you're not among the first to board during peak hours, you'll be standing for the half-hour ride.

I trust that KUL does not need a fancy train like the ERL; instead they can do with a MRT or LRT instead. It makes more sense to have the multi stops options every ten minutes, half hourly express MRT/LRT from the city to KUL and maybe few trains with limited stops along the way. Just a few cents worth.

The crazy price fare increase is unacceptable to Malaysians; especially so in difficult times like it is in right now.

I trust that KUL does not need a fancy train like the ERL; instead they can do with a MRT or LRT instead. It makes more sense to have the multi stops options every ten minutes, half hourly express MRT/LRT from the city to KUL and maybe few trains with limited stops along the way. Just a few cents worth.

The crazy price fare increase is unacceptable to Malaysians; especially so in difficult times like it is in right now.

Due to distance from city center to KUL, MRT/LRT multiple stops journey time will take slightly over an hour.

Still will be my first choice. Choices are there though, bus and taxis True that they have to increase frequency. MAS and international airlines pac at KLIA finds it hard to get a seat due to crowd from KLIA2. These past few months, i noticed the cabin is not well kept, and smelly. Whatever happens to quality control. It wasnt like that a few years ago.

Aren't you forgetting the KLIA Transit which stops at Putrajaya/Bandar Tasik Selatan?

I've seen someone proposing that you break your journey to KUL by doing KL Sentral-Putrajaya & Putrajaya-KUL on separate tickets & pay only RM 24. Just have to spare extra wait time for the train

Aren't you forgetting the KLIA Transit which stops at Putrajaya/Bandar Tasik Selatan?

I've seen someone proposing that you break your journey to KUL by doing KL Sentral-Putrajaya & Putrajaya-KUL on separate tickets & pay only RM 24. Just have to spare extra wait time for the train

Yes true. But if you take the Transit, it is still expensive to get to Sentral or KUL. For staff or regular users at those locations, it is a heavy increase hence why I feel they should have or should look into the option as well and make the ERL a dedicated express train to the airport like LHR instead.

If you are hesitant on using the bus coz of the horrible KL Sentral bus terminal,there is also a bus service from the excellent Terminal Bersepadu Selatan. Fare is RM10 and departures are hourly and goes to both Klia and Klia2

Yes true. But if you take the Transit, it is still expensive to get to Sentral or KUL. For staff or regular users at those locations, it is a heavy increase hence why I feel they should have or should look into the option as well and make the ERL a dedicated express train to the airport like LHR instead.

There's also the Serdang-Putrajaya MRT line that will terminate at Putrajaya Sentral, but that's 7 years from now.

Normal taxi, Shah Alam - KLIA = RM100 last month......... :sorry:

Its been... few months..

Better get friends or relative to drive and belanja them a mamak meal. Even mamak meal is expensive....so cook for them.....

Sign in to follow this