MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

National Geographic Channel's Air Crash Investigation

I posted it somewhere in MWs here before..

But I think nobody look & hear for it..

The last 30 minutes of the Japan Flight123...

R.I.P

What an awful disaster...

But thank god there are 4 passengers survived that crash..

Here's the story on that incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123

and also the picture of that ill-fated aircraft at A.net:

and this year,it's the 21st anniversary of JAL Flight 123 incident. May all the soul of the crew and passengers rest in peace... -_-

Edited by Tamizi TS

This incident has been aired on National Geogaphic Channel,on Air Crash Investigation.

The episode was "Out of Control".Missed that episode....damn! :angry:

Japan Airlines accepted partial responsibility for the disaster because the tail had been making intermittent whistling noises (suggesting a flaw in the fuselage) for years without action by company maintenance personnel.

Several higher- and lower-ranking employees of Japan Airlines committed suicide in the aftermath, as did the Boeing engineer who had failed to properly repair the rear bulkhead in 1978.

:( :( :( The flight could have continued to Nagoya rather than back to Haneda. What is the prospect of landing on the sea?

Edited by S V Choong

:( :( :( The flight could have continued to Nagoya rather than back to Haneda. What is the prospect of landing on the sea?

Agree with you,Choong.If that bird landed at Nagoya,instead returning to Haneda.There will be many survivors survived the crash if that bird crash landed on sea.

The Japanese Government also refused to give permission to US search and Rescue team to assist the victims of that crash.If the US Search and Rescue were given green light to rescue the survivors,there will be many lives saved.

This incident has been aired on National Geogaphic Channel,on Air Crash Investigation.

The episode was "Out of Control".Missed that episode....damn! :angry:

is that true? when this episod broadcast? last week?

Thanks for the clip. Shame that i can't read Japanese. Not a problem for S V Choong, though.

Agree with you,Choong.If that bird landed at Nagoya,instead returning to Haneda.There will be many survivors survived the crash if that bird crash landed on sea.

The Japanese Government also refused to give permission to US search and Rescue team to assist the victims of that crash.If the US Search and Rescue were given green light to rescue the survivors,there will be many lives saved.

Just look at the time it wasted to go back to Haneda airport, Nagoya is closer to the point where the tail went off too. The tower did ask if they wish to continue to Nagoya Komaki, but instead the captain had asked for permission to return to Haneda and later Yokota (US air base). The aircraft executed a big u turn and then finally a couple of uncontrollable 360 degree U turn before it crashed. Continuing to Nagoya probably means a big right turn and that is all.

Perhaps there is some sort of screcy or carrying some kind of top secret cargo which the Japanese didn't want the US to know about or nationlism could have played a part.

Thanks for the clip. Shame that i can't read Japanese. Not a problem for S V Choong, though.

The aircraft keep stalling and the captain keep asking for increase of power and also to pull up. It was particularly chilling when heading the sound of the a/c hit the mountain.

Edited by S V Choong

is that true? when this episod broadcast? last week?

From what i check at National Geographic Channel website,It was aired on Monday 17 April 2006 at 8.30pm,Sydney time.

Here's the link and check the "Episode guide"

http://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/microsites/aircrash/

My god....so sad to see the bodies of the victims.. :unsure:

See here for more:

http://sk.fox.ac/jal123/photo.htm

Thanks for giving the link.

What an awful disaster...

But thank god there are 4 passengers survived that crash..

Here's the story on that incident:

*and also the picture of that ill-fated aircraft at A.net:

and this year,it's the 21st anniversary of JAL Flight 123 incident. May all the soul of the crew and passengers rest in peace... -_-

There was an error on the marked post.Here are the pre-crash photo of the ill-fated aircraft on A.net:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/217820/M/

Sorry for the errors.

Scary right...sigh...some of them penned their last words using their own blood :( :(

You're right,Edwin...i was so sad to see the photos of the victim..i've even came into tears to see the bodies.. :cray:

I caught this episode of Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic last nite, and I find this particular show impactful in how the captain (Leul Abate) calmly desribed his actions throughout the ordeal. Details here.

Synopsis: In 1996 three axe-wielding men hijack an Ethiopian plane ordering the pilot to head for Australia. The pilot tricks them by flying along the African coast but runs out of fuel. Then the hijackers crash the plane into a crowded beach. Over 120 people died and the survivors share their harrowing memories.

If you have the chance, catch the show.

.ny

Ow man...looks like i've missed the Air Crash Investigation again....any ideas how to download the entire Air Crash Investigation episodes online,so i can watch it?

Caught this also last night...the hijackers seem like pilot wannabes - pointing out the range of the aircraft to the pilot (despite the latter telling them they did not carry the full-range fuel), and at the last minute still wanting to wrest control from the pilot...too bad it cost their lives and that of 122 others.

One question - is the B767 the only Boeing airliner with RAT? How about Airbus ACs?

I'm obtaining older episodes of the program as we speak...Uberlingen Midair Collision, Sioux City crash, Collision on the runway...

Edited by H Azmal

There's another plane crash story due tonight 10May06 on National Geographic Channel at 10.00pm Malaysian time.

Seconds From Disaster: Motorway Plane Crash

On 8 January 1989, British Midland 092 left Heathrow for a routine flight to Belfast. Soon after take-off, passengers saw sparks coming from the wing. The captain, unfamiliar with this new plane, accidentally shut down the wrong engine causing it to crash on the M1, killing 47 people. Was human error or a technical fault to blame?

To be repeated early tomorrow morning 11May06 at 2.00am.

.naim

I just signed up for the National Geographic (knowledge mix) package from Sky just for this heheh

Yesterday spent 10pm - midnite watching 2 back-to-back series of the Air Crash Investigation, one was mistaken identity and the other one involving the al-qaeda terrorist who test-ran the bomb on PAL. Scary lah!

I've checked from Wikipedia about the Air Crash Investigation,and these are the list of episodes:

* Season 1

o Episode 1: Unlocking Disaster (United Airlines Flight 811)

o Episode 2: Racing The Storm (American Airlines Flight 1420)

o Episode 3: Fire on Board (Swissair Flight 111)

o Episode 4: Cutting Corners (Alaska Airlines Flight 261)

o Episode 5: Flying Blind (AeroPeru Flight 603)

o Episode 6: Flying on Empty (Air Transat Flight 236)

* Season 2

o Episode 1: Wounded Bird (ASA Flight 529)

o Episode 2: Blow Out (British Airways Flight 5390)

o Episode 3: Hijacked (Air France Flight 8969)

o Episode 4: Mid-Air Collision (Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937/DHL Freighter)

o Episode 5: Lost (American Airlines Flight 965)

o Episode 6: Missing Over New York (Avianca Flight 52)

* Season 3

o Episode 1: Kid in the Cockpit (Aeroflot Flight 593)

o Episode 2: Out of Control (Japan Airlines Flight 123)

o Episode 3: Attack over Baghdad (European Air Transport DHL Flight on 22 November, 2003)

o Episode 4: Suicide Attack (FedEx Flight 705)

o Episode 5: Hanging by a Thread (Aloha Airlines Flight 243)

o Episode 6: Mistaken Identity (Iran Air Flight 655)

o Episode 7: Egypt Air 990 (EgyptAir Flight 990)

o Episode 8: Bomb on Board (Philippine Airlines Flight 434)

o Episode 9: Helicopter Down

o Episode 10: African Hijack (Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961)

Look like i've watched the entire season 1 and 2 episodes,except for the 3rd season.... :( my house didn't have an Astro decoder,so i've watched the entire season 1 and 2 episodes while i was studying at KCH,on my cousin's house.

great search, Tamizi... :) :drinks: i watch almost all episod. :D hopefully Netional Geographic will produce some VCD, so we can collect it... :p

EDit:

i just do a small search over Google.com, i saw aircrash investigation in BT. if anyone interested to download this video, can we download together? mean we download in same time. and generate some seeds to increase the speed of download. :)

Edited by Sherman