MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

Sunday spotting - with The Star Metro

Sorry for starting a new thread. But I thought I could capture more attention by having this as a standalone thread.

Attention aircraft spotters in KL!

A journalist (and a photog) from The Star Metro will be joining us for our Sunday spotting session to know more about aircraft spotting and Malaysian Wings. This is a good opportunity for us to introduce this niche interest to the public (or at least, readers of The Star Metro), and to make a point that, as enthusiasts, we care too much about aviation to risk it in any way. We love the industry, and we shall protect it! :yahoo:

Ok, so here are the details:

Date - Sunday, 8th March 2009

Time - 12.30pm onwards

Location - KLIA and about (Simon, if you have set a particular location, can you please let our MWing'ers know here?)

If you can make it on the day, please turn up and say hi to our friends from The Star Metro. They are very friendly people and have never done aircraft spotting before. I have given the journalist some background information re aviation and spotting (Pieter, I've forwarded your suggested link to her).

I won't be there on the day as I'm thousands of miles away from KL. But I wish you all the luck, hope you get some interesting traffic, impress the 'observers', and most importantly have a fantastic day out! :drinks:

Best wishes,

Tony

This is good news, so I hope KUL based spotters will give our journalist a good warm MalaysianWings style hospitality... :clapping:

guys, this is a great opportunity to make ourself heard, hope that some numbers will turn out. many thank for tony for your effort. anyway, since me and simon probaly will reach around 2pm, and the star journalist will be there at 12.30, will they be gone ?? any early bird?

oOOOOH~!! Sorry I'm outstation to the north part.

Good Luck Guyz. Go Plane Spotter. Don't Forget to Bring ur Photo Portfolio. :good:

Edited by Ibrahim

Sorry can't attend, as I will be in Malacca attending a wedding as well as visiting my son.

Will be meeting up with the reporter at 12.30pm at Petronas Station (going towards MTB). Then, we will proceed to weather station. Will let you know here, if there are any changes.

See you guys there.

Thank you Tony for the arrangements with the Reporter. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

I'll pray for goodweather tomorrow. Have fun guys! Take a lot of good pics pls.

I'll call your name on every aircraft landed :rofl::lol:

stick your duck face on your cockpit windows and we get the journalist to snap a picture of you... that will be priceless..

hmm godd to promote mwingers and to get authority realised there's an Enthusaistic ppl out there in aviation. so they can get rid of BULIS stopping you guys from spotting

Edited by Min

Enjoy the 1st spotting session with journalist... Brain-wash this journalist to become hardcore spotter too..Waiting good news from you all

here :good:

Edited by Li Ren

Looking forward to hear the outcome from the spotting session with the reporter :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hear the outcome from the spotting session with the reporter :rolleyes:

Same here.. Hope we will be free from ''BEREDAR'' from today onwards... Maybe they are having ''teh tarik'' after the spotting session.. :good: