MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Syaz

Aircraft engineering~

First of all, hello everybody! =)

Im kinda new here, and just like u guys, Im an aviation freak. (Aren't u? hehe)

Finding this website at this particular time is just perfect. Why?

Well... need some help from u guys actually. Im 18,and on my way to be in the industry.

Will be attending this interview for aircraft engineering trainee next week.

So... long story short, need some advice/tips from u all. Like... what kind of questions do u think would they ask... level of interest, maybe? aircrafts? current issues? =/

And I'd really appreciate it if i could get some sample questions related to aircraft engineering (problems-solutions,maybe?). Cuz im predicting some decision-makng type of questions... Im a total newbie, (0 experience in the industry) so Im asking some favour from u, experienced people...

Hpefully Im not being too much here. Thanx a lot for reading my post and have a nice day~ =)

-Syaz-

Hi Syaz,

My interview this Friday 3pm. What about yours? Hopefully to meet up with you at LCCT if same day lah! :drinks: PM me your number.

Seriously??? Cool!! Mine's gonna be next wednesday, 3 o'clock. Hmm.. guess Im applicant number hundred++. LOL I'll pm u my number aite. glad to meet u here!!! =)

Welcome to Mwings Syaz, and yes you can find any resource that you need here.. :)

Many of us here ara pilots, LAEs, aero engineering students (hei, thats me.. ;) ), etc etc....

Please don't be hesitate to ask any questions that you want...

And, they maybe ask you, what makes aircraft fly...??!!

Welcome to Mwings Syaz, and yes you can find any resource that you need here.. :)

Many of us here ara pilots, LAEs, aero engineering students (hei, thats me.. ;) ), etc etc....

Please don't be hesitate to ask any questions that you want...

And, they maybe ask you, what makes aircraft fly...??!!

Bernoulli's Principle? ;) :D

Syaz, welcome and enjoy your stay here! :)

Edited by Min Chun

Bernoulli's Principle? ;) :D

Syaz, welcome and enjoy your stay here! :)

what it mean Nernoulli's Principle? btw, in Triumph In The Sky, the tutor (Samuel Tong) ask those cadets the same question also, what makes aircraft fly... then one of the cadets answer that first is the special design pair of wings of the aircraft, which will make the different air-pressure (did i spell wrong) on top and below the wings after certain speed. then the pressure will leave the aircraft up. of course the flap and etc thing play an important role too... :) btw, did i wrong? :p :D

btw, forgotted to said... Welcome aboard, Syaz... hope u enjoy this site too...

what it mean Nernoulli's Principle? btw, in Triumph In The Sky, the tutor (Samuel Tong) ask those cadets the same question also, what makes aircraft fly... then one of the cadets answer that first is the special design pair of wings of the aircraft, which will make the different air-pressure (did i spell wrong) on top and below the wings after certain speed. then the pressure will leave the aircraft up. of course the flap and etc thing play an important role too... :) btw, did i wrong? :p :D

btw, forgotted to said... Welcome aboard, Syaz... hope u enjoy this site too...

Yeap,that's Bernoulli's Principle..

The air flow of the upper surface of wings is faster than the air flow under the wings(interupt by the flaps)

the flaps do help the air flow pass thw upper surface of wings to become faster..thus lower pressure region is created on the upper surface and the difference in pressure will produce lift which is enough to bring the a/c into the sky..

this is roughly what i know about this principle..hehe

but not sure bout the answer..how does an a/c fly.. :lol:

the difference in pressure will produce lift which is enough to bring the a/c into the sky..

Sounds pretty good, right Attan ?

But.....what will 'produce' the difference in pressure above and below the wing, or, in other words, when will you have no more lift ??? :huh:

All the best for your Aircraft Engineering interview ..

Remember , life isn't easy learning to be an engineer . Tonnes of work !

Answer the question about how plane flies and draw a free body diagram as well .

Back then in 1999 i was call up for a test in Kelana jaya. it is for the Aircraft technician position. Physics, Math, English and IQ test is compulsory for us to answer within 1 1/2 hour. Many of them bring their own calculator. What i have is my old brain calculator. I manage to answer all the question with my knowledge and skills, but the result is not good. i didnt make it to second round. The staff told me that you must pass the test before you can proceed with the interview. Just imagine from 300 people attend the test they only short listed around 40 people :angry: argh... very tough if you dont have any "big cable" inside.

Maybe today they have change their format. Directly interview and no test at all. I think younger guys like ya'll are lucky.. hope ya'll succeed in the interview... "may the force be with you"

-cheers bro- :drinks:

Meor, you're not quite accurate in your statement. May I clarify for you. I was called up for aptitude test 2 weeks ago at AirAsia Academy. The test was tough just like you mention. 60 objectives questions DCA format and an essay. I believe the essay is abt reporting and gramatic skills. I brought along my flight computer, calculator etc etc..but never used them at all..just like you i used my good old God given brain. Well...lots of mental rotation and mental mapping questions, engineering, physics, maths , couple of general english questions and lots of IQ ques.Had to compete with 400 candidates..some of them are aeronautical degree holders...siapalah kita... anyway...I passed the test and I got called up for interview! No cables.....

Meor, you're not quite accurate in your statement. May I clarify for you. I was called up for aptitude test 2 weeks ago at AirAsia Academy. The test was tough just like you mention. 60 objectives questions DCA format and an essay. I believe the essay is abt reporting and gramatic skills. I brought along my flight computer, calculator etc etc..but never used them at all..just like you i used my good old God given brain. Well...lots of mental rotation and mental mapping questions, engineering, physics, maths , couple of general english questions and lots of IQ ques.Had to compete with 400 candidates..some of them are aeronautical degree holders...siapalah kita... anyway...I passed the test and I got called up for interview! No cables.....

Tahniah bro, maybe it has been a while.. dah lama sangat since 1999.. 7 years ago and that time only MAS our national carrier.

-cheers bro- :drinks:

Thank you all~ i feel really welcomed here. =) And thanks for the advice/tips/some aircraft related infos. Definitely gonna use it. =)

Btw Yuen, siapalah kita?? Ur a pilot!!! u DO realise that rite?? Hahaha that question can only be asked by me~ eheh =P.

18 year old girl, no experience whatsoever in the industry, have to compete with degree and diploma holders, take that! Im not being too-humble here but thats the truth... All I have with me is, my passion.. and qualification-SPM. Hahah guess Im not dat bad since Ive chosen to go to the next stage. And yup, just like Yuen, sit for the test some time ago and absolutely no 'cables'... :D

waaaa Syaz...I'm not a pilot lah..not yet for now..soon i hope. I really pray hard i would be someday... Its good to have a diploma or even better a degree for contingency plans. Most of the pilots I knew they cant do other things if they were to be grounded for whatever reasons because they only know how to fly.

Thank you all~ i feel really welcomed here. =) And thanks for the advice/tips/some aircraft related infos. Definitely gonna use it. =)

Btw Yuen, siapalah kita?? Ur a pilot!!! u DO realise that rite?? Hahaha that question can only be asked by me~ eheh =P.

18 year old girl, no experience whatsoever in the industry, have to compete with degree and diploma holders, take that! Im not being too-humble here but thats the truth... All I have with me is, my passion.. and qualification-SPM. Hahah guess Im not dat bad since Ive chosen to go to the next stage. And yup, just like Yuen, sit for the test some time ago and absolutely no 'cables'... :D

Syaz,

Before you go for interview, make sure you install Microsoft Flight Simulator in your computer. Then if they ask why you wanna be a pilot? just say that malaysian are lack of Female pilot... thats all... hope you all berjaya... "may the force be with you"

-cheers-

syaz,

gud luck for the interview. Normally the first stage interview is nothing much they would ask you but on the second stage interview, yes it'll be harder. but don't worry about that, just prepare yourself.

regards

~hanna~

waaaa Syaz...I'm not a pilot lah..not yet for now..soon i hope. I really pray hard i would be someday... Its good to have a diploma or even better a degree for contingency plans. Most of the pilots I knew they cant do other things if they were to be grounded for whatever reasons because they only know how to fly.

Hehe all the best!!! well, u do have the advantages. Im sure ur gonna be there one day...and even better thn any other pilots!!! hehehehhehe =p :yahoo:

Syaz,

Before you go for interview, make sure you install Microsoft Flight Simulator in your computer. Then if they ask why you wanna be a pilot? just say that malaysian are lack of Female pilot... thats all... hope you all berjaya... "may the force be with you"

-cheers-

Hye Meor, thanx a lot for the tips. =) But Im not going for cadet pilot. It's aircraft engineering trainee...well,next time maybe~ =) ( If i failed to get this one la. huhhu)

syaz,

gud luck for the interview. Normally the first stage interview is nothing much they would ask you but on the second stage interview, yes it'll be harder. but don't worry about that, just prepare yourself.

regards

~hanna~

Thanx a lot rohana~ :D ur a friend of Yuen rite? he kinda mentioned ur name to me that day... if Im not mistaken that is~ =)

Thanx a lot rohana~ :D ur a friend of Yuen rite? he kinda mentioned ur name to me that day... if Im not mistaken that is~ =)

hi,

yes, i am. he did also mentioned me about you :good:

~hanna~

Sounds pretty good, right Attan ?

But.....what will 'produce' the difference in pressure above and below the wing, or, in other words, when will you have no more lift ??? :huh:

No more airflow in high speed perhaps? :D

A/c reducing the speed(airflow over the wings->slower? :rolleyes: ) , lift reduced, hence altitue decreased? :pardon:

Well these are what I know..hehe..

Need any of our pilots in MWs here to clarify.. :D

No more airflow in high speed perhaps? :D

A/c reducing the speed(airflow over the wings->slower? :rolleyes: ) , lift reduced, hence altitue decreased? :pardon:

Well these are what I know..hehe..

Need any of our pilots in MWs here to clarify.. :D

There wont be any more lift when the wing has stalled, and this happens approximately around 15 degree angle of attack( varies from wing to wing according to the NACA shape of airfoil). this happens because there is no airflow over the top section of the airfoil and hence no lift is produced. This theory can be proven using Bernoullis equation and seen clearly using wind tunnel testing.

Bernoullie's principle!!

*opening my Form 5 Physics text book* heheheh :D

yo Syaz,

we are from the same boat man..i still remember how i excited i got when they started the Bernoulli's principle in form 5.. :yahoo: hahhaha