MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

KUL 14L in 2009

Can't find any 14L thread for 2009, so I'm starting one here. If there is any previous one, please merge.

Anyway, got this one from the lakeside today.

9MAFA.jpg

Truly Asean from AirAsia.

Fantastic shot, Radzi ! :good:

Nice livery but the tail is not so intriguing to me. Perhaps it would look better if the Asean logo on the vertical stabilizer :pardon: Thank You, Captain :drinks:

Edited by MIR

the oldest bird of ak has a new livery ....... thanks capt radzi for the shots :good:

Edited by Louis L.

Hi everyone i will be staying at Concorde international KLIA later this month .I see there is a small roadway from the roundabout which leads down to 14L will this be accessable for spotting or is there another area for 14L.

Many thanks Lloyd from Brisbane.

AK really wants to say it out loud as ASEAN carrier. I would prefer a mural of Asean people, somewhat like VMY 2007 livery which was very nice. Good shot Radzi. And to think this aircraft was almost written off!

the oldest bird of ak has a new livery ....... thanks capt radzi for the shots :good:

Not the oldest bird, AK has some 25 year old 733's! But yes, 9M-AFA was the first A322 that was delivered in 5 Dec 2005

Not the oldest bird, AK has some 25 year old 733's! But yes, 9M-AFA was the first A322 that was delivered in 5 Dec 2005

correct me if i am wrong, ak, or Airasia Malaysia now operates only airbus a320. again, i maybe wrong :unknw: ..... but anyhow, another excuse for shooting another ak bird :p

Edited by Louis L.

Nice.... agree with MIR... if the logo on the tail.. more suitable...

Heard about this livery yesterday... but got stuck in office...

I was about to ask is 9M-AFA is still flying. She was involved in a landing "situation" last time,right?

Time to heads up in Kuching hahaha :p

Welcome Lloyd to malaysia vikings

jeez 7 posts and no welcome what is mw coming to

Hi everyone i will be staying at Concorde international KLIA later this month .I see there is a small roadway from the roundabout which leads down to 14L will this be accessable for spotting or is there another area for 14L.

correct me if i am wrong, ak, or Airasia Malaysia now operates only airbus a320. again, i maybe wrong :unknw: ..... but anyhow, another excuse for shooting another ak bird :p

Yes AK operates an All Airbus fleet. But it still has about 16 (or so) B733s that are leased to FD and QZ. QZ and FD still need them for some airports that cannot take the A322's.

The road will lead to the Ladang (plantation) area of 14L, good for afternoon touchdown spotting. Somehow that area is not as popular as it was a few years ago.

When I first read about it in the General Aviation subforum, I imagined the ASEAN livery painted against a dark blue background, just like the ASEAN flag, but it turned out to be white. I guess it will look bolder if it was on the former (the Bank Rakyat scheme came to my mind).

i heard Raymond Ngyuen (the most die hard spotter from Malaysia) will be in town for spotting on that day :D

When I first read about it in the General Aviation subforum, I imagined the ASEAN livery painted against a dark blue background, just like the ASEAN flag, but it turned out to be white. I guess it will look bolder if it was on the former (the Bank Rakyat scheme came to my mind).

Well can't think of any specific reason why they opted for a orange base scheme, with engine also in the same color. the Bank Rakyat livery got a blue base with white nose and engines. I would have thought that they at least keep the red color engines.