MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Syed A Ridhwan

Lion Air skids

Lion Air skids, 168 passengers evacuated

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Mon, 03/09/2009 7:10 PM | National

A Boeing 737-900 plane of Lion Air skidded on Monday afternoon on the runway when it had landed at the Soekarno-Hatta international airport, none passengers were injured, state news agency Antara reports.

The airport administrator Edwar Silloy said that the incident took place at 3:43 p.m, and officers were evacuating all passengers in the airport.

The jetliner took off from Makassar of South Sulawesi at 2:30 p.m, at local time with 168 passengers on board landed in bad weather marked by heavy rain. The airport authority has closed the south runway until midnightto accelerate the evacuation process.

Source

:o

Luckily no one were injured.. :rolleyes:

Off topic------> Drivers, please make sure that the tyres of your vehicle isn't ''botak'' to avoid mishap

This report says it's an MD-90.

===

March 9, 2009

Jet slides off Indonesian runway

JAKARTA - AN INDONESIAN passenger jet skidded off the runway on landing in heavy rain at Jakarta's main airport on Monday but no one was injured, an airport official said.

The Lion Air McDonnell Douglas MD-90 passenger jet from Makassar city slid onto grass and damaged its landing gear, Harianto, the head of Soekarno-Hatta international airport operator Angkasa Pura II, told AFP.

'No one was injured, everyone is already off the plane and some have gone home,' he said.

News website Detikcom reported 168 people were on board the plane.

Indonesia relies heavily on air transport to link its main islands but has one of the the world's worst air safety records. Indonesian planes are banned from flying in European Union air space due to safety fears. -- AFP

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNew...ory_347935.html

I Was at Soekarno-Hatta This morning...

I FLEW with Lionair on Monday morning.......... looks like the multi-religion prayer leaflet on board didn't work.

I FLEW with Lionair on Monday morning.......... looks like the multi-religion prayer leaflet on board didn't work.

Of course it did...." 'No one was injured, everyone is already off the plane and some have gone home,"

The glass was half-full.

It was a clear blue sky that Monday morning as i depart from CKG to KUL AK953, but the day before Hujan Batu (Ais Rain) in both places which include Bandung, wah... the wind, really-really fast weh... 1st time I experience such a bad heavy wind & Hujan batu..

So, it's an MD-90... Wouldn't be nice if it was a 739... New plane afterall...

It did... :db: No one was injured...

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Maybe they forgot to include the appropiate prayer/religion for that particular danger ... :rofl:

Of course it did...." 'No one was injured, everyone is already off the plane and some have gone home,"

The glass was half-full.

Ahhh the optimist :rolleyes: Here is the prayer leaflet that "worked".

DSC_1011.jpg

Sign in to follow this