MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

MH 737 max 8 poll

cancel max 8 order  

54 members have voted

1. 1. should MH switch its order to A320 neo

• maintain current frame order of Max
    • convert current max frames to 787/777/797 & switch to n/b order to A320neo

Its very clear now that the 737 max family is very software depended on stall characteristics and hence carries a element of risk in case software malfunction during a stall situation.

Its a blessing in disguise then MH has not taken any deliveries of this latest plane and hence an opportunity to cancel/switch frames.what do u guys think.

Edited by Ja Singh

Airbuses are software dependent too or maybe more. So I think it is a moot point.

Edited by Walter Sim

Airbuses are software dependent too or maybe more. So I think it is a moot point.

However, they have full FBW systems. 737Max has a sort of hybrid system. It is not fully FBW. It is this partial FBW that contributed to the two crashes.

Just for fun, does anyone has the a320/321 in MH standard livery?

Also moving to an all-airbus fleet can be both costly in the beginning and cheaper in the long run. I think there will be a big investment in re-training, but later on swapping between the a320/a330/a350 is easier. But then i'm talking as a layman fan here - anyone more qualified want to chime in?

Where is the option to convert to full airbus neo fleet

A330neo a320neo a321neo

While that will be an ideal situation but they will incur massive penalty if they cancel the max order all together instead of switching to a different Boeing variant.

Any option to convert them to NGs instead? To replace about of dozen older 738s. Thats mabs most reliable workhorse compared to the 330s and 380s constantly having small parts broken lol. But Not sure when the NG production is going to end though.

Edited by jahur

Any option to convert them to NGs instead? To replace about of dozen older 738s. Thats mabs most reliable workhorse compared to the 330s and 380s constantly having small parts broken lol. But Not sure when the NG production is going to end though.

Boeing isn't taking new NG orders if I'm not mistaken.

Boeing isn't taking new NG orders if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, production of NGs was originally scheduled to end about now. I am not sure if Boeing will reverse that decision and allow Max orders to be converted. No Max deliveries will mean no cashflow for Boeing.

While that will be an ideal situation but they will incur massive penalty if they cancel the max order all together instead of switching to a different Boeing variant.

Would forsaking a narrowbody replacement for an opportunistic new widebody order be a more ideal situation?

Would forsaking a narrowbody replacement for an opportunistic new widebody order be a more ideal situation?

In my opinion yes fo

r the sake of safety,as we learn more about the vulnerability of the max.according to reuters the black box data revealed that the ethopian pilots did exactly what the new AD by Boeing,but that made the ending even shorter then lion air.

In my opinion yes fo

r the sake of safety,as we learn more about the vulnerability of the max.according to reuters the black box data revealed that the ethopian pilots did exactly what the new AD by Boeing,but that made the ending even shorter then lion air.

Interesting analysis. Have you read the final report?

In my opinion yes fo

But I don't see your vote leh? :D

But I don't see your vote leh? :D

Haha just voted!thanks waiping.

Interesting analysis. Have you read the final report?

The final report isnt out yet but as per preliminary report thats the scenario faced by the the crew.The final report will just add more details to this.

The crew of the Ethiopian Airlines jet that crashed shortly after takeoff last month performed all of the procedures recommended by Boeing when the plane started to nose dive but could not save it, according to a preliminary report released Thursday by Ethiopia's government.

url="https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/world/111811786/ethiopian-airlines-crew-performed-all-boeing-procedures-but-could-not-control-the-jet

"]https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/world/111811786/ethiopian-airlines-crew-performed-all-boeing-procedures-but-could-not-control-the-jet[/url]

"]https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/world/111811786/ethiopian-airlines-crew-performed-all-boeing-procedures-but-could-not-control-the-jet[/url][/url]

Edited by Ja Singh

If MAB gets taken up by new owners it will be on them to decide if they want to go ahead with the Max order. If not, a switch to Airbus will mean having to pay for cancellations. Also have to retrain crew

I believe the Max issues are short term and it will be better to just delay delivery.

If MAB gets taken up by new owners it will be on them to decide if they want to go ahead with the Max order. If not, a switch to Airbus will mean having to pay for cancellations. Also have to retrain crew

I believe the Max issues are short term and it will be better to just delay delivery.

MAB does not have the cash to incur unnecessary costs. Besides, replacing the B738 isn't really urgent as they don't really utilise their fleet that intensively. A delay in taking delivery of the Max should not greatly inconvenience the airline.

Boeing will solve issue on 737 max 8 and recertified.

They can reprogram the software but at the end of the day bexause the center of gravity of this aircraft is no more as per original design, it needs the software to keep it level when sppeds r slow and isnt very forgiving.the general public has lost its confidence in this model.And also lost confidence in boeing as far as the max is concerned.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/world/flyers-looking-to-avoid-boeing-737-model-find-little-love-from-airlines/wcm/3dff7270-0c9c-41e1-9bd0-9cf0259bad0b

Edited by Ja Singh

They can reprogram the software but at the end of the day bexause the center of gravity of this aircraft is no more as per original design, it needs the software to keep it level when sppeds r slow and isnt very forgiving.the general public has lost its confidence in this model.And also lost confidence in boeing as far as the max is concerned.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/world/flyers-looking-to-avoid-boeing-737-model-find-little-love-from-airlines/wcm/3dff7270-0c9c-41e1-9bd0-9cf0259bad0b

Aircraft c.g is subject to load distribution and could move mid flight with fuel consumption. Trimming is around for many years to compensate c.g.

The shortfall of Boeing 737 max mcas is it took reading from only one sensor. Which could be solved by having reading from multiple sensors, simulator training and software update.

Most pax have no idea or choice of aircraft they take. As long as faa and easa certified, 737 max will be back in service.

Edited by KK Lee

You should forward your concerns to Boeing and industry leaders. These CEOs need to know the truth!

The problems with the MAX is fixable. And it will be fixable. So no rush for MAS to think about switching etc etc.

Again, it boils down to the fact that of the 350 aircraft flying thousands of flights daily, only 2 of them crashed. If there's anything inherently wrong with the aircraft, we'd be seeing more crashes.

You should forward your concerns to Boeing and industry leaders. These CEOs need to know the truth!

ha ha i don't have to cause there is enough safety experts knocking on Boeing's door.!here are links to some examples.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-withheld-information-on-737-model-according-to-safety-experts-and-others-1542082575

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/failed-certification-faa-missed-safety-issues-in-the-737-max-system-implicated-in-the-lion-air-crash/

And the very CEO's you're talking about are the culprits and should be held accountable for the lost of Innocent lives, as they tried to save cost sheepishly for transition from NG to max (they kept the MCAS feature on a low key other wise FAA may have asked them for a new certification type)and wanted just a simple few hours training.Had they gone ahead with a complete new certification for the max 8/or better elaborate information on the MCAS in the first place,the pilots of those flights would have been more equip to handle the catastrophe.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-13/lion-air-crash-more-pilot-training-needed-on-boeing-737-max/10493470

As a matter of fact there is already a case against them by one family as we speak.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethiopia-airplane-lawsuit/family-of-american-woman-sues-boeing-ethiopian-airlines-over-737-max-crash-idUSKCN1RG27G

The problems with the MAX is fixable. And it will be fixable. So no rush for MAS to think about switching etc etc.

Again, it boils down to the fact that of the 350 aircraft flying thousands of flights daily, only 2 of them crashed. If there's anything inherently wrong with the aircraft, we'd be seeing more crashes.

hope so too.

Edited by Ja Singh

Boeing CEO 'sorry' for lives lost in 737 MAX accidents

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/04/world/ethiopian-airlines-crash-preliminary-report-intl/index.html

News like this was all over the internet yesterday after the preliminary report was released. The question now is how long will Boeing take to patch the software and re-certify the Max 8. In the meantime those who have their delivery slot affected, or have grounded the aircraft pending investigation will they get compensation? As a business some sort of compensation might be struck to regain their support.

Although "only" 2 crashed, they did so in relation with very few total flying hours for the type. That is abnormal and that is why we see them grounded.

Boeing's quick action to cut production and the airlines' revising their flight schedules beyond May/June may indicate that this problem will take some time to be fixed. Boeing will be wise to ensure that the problem is fixed once and for all.

Sign in to follow this