Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Sarawak's own airline confirmed

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 782 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

I think the best business model is to follow those who operates in a country with "continental size + several major hubs" as well i.e. Air China, Air Canada, Qantas and the US3 (United, Delta and American Airlines).

Easy. MYY can be the TPAC gateway; SBW can focus on AU/NZ; BTU shall be the O&G hub (nonstops to YYC, IAH, GIG and the Middle East with conveniently timed connections to the oil rigs and KL Simpang airport for Petronas businessmen); MYY can be the island hopper hub, and KCH can focus on the super high yield flights to the financial centres of the world (HKG, HND/NRT, SIN, LHR, EWR/JFK etc)

Edited by Chris Tan, Yesterday, 06:08 PM.

#42 Walter Sim

Walter Sim
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,888 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Easy. MYY can be the TPAC gateway; SBW can focus on AU/NZ; BTU shall be the O&G hub (nonstops to YYC, IAH, GIG and the Middle East with conveniently timed connections to the oil rigs and KL Simpang airport for Petronas businessmen); MYY can be the island hopper hub, and KCH can focus on the super high yield flights to the financial centres of the world (HKG, HND/NRT, SIN, LHR, EWR/JFK etc)

MZV can be renovated to accommodate the A380 so that EK can fly here

#43 aizuddin

aizuddin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

MYY should be the main base due to its strategic location being the centre of Borneo.

#44 Pall

Pall
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

The sarcasm here really made my day. You guys are awesome.

:rofl: :rofl:

#45 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,340 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PM

..... the next challenge is to choose the logo/tail livery - whether it is the hornbill, the sapeh or mee kolok. ...

Thank you, that must have tickled up someone else too, somehow ! :)

#46 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,340 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

It's good we're having a jolly time 'discussing' this potential Sarawak International Airlines (SIA v2.0) - remember though, if it does fly but cannot be sustained, for whatever reason, it will be all be just sia sia at end of day ..... :D

Seriously though, how many people actually believe this will take off for real ?

Even assuming the Sarawakian purse controller does relent to pouring good money into a likely bottomless pit, you still have the political and regulatory obstacles ahead

Which side of the fence is state gahmen sitting upon nowadays ?

I believe an AOC isn't something one is readily able to pick off the shelf either

Also bear in mind Sarawak state elections is coming up soon, hence there is the need to whip up the 'feel good' sentiments again - why change a tried and tested formula ?!  :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users