MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
TK

Melbourne

Thanks to Liam and David....great contacts for spotting. :)

Guess what i did....

IPB Image

David took me to some places...the old folks home,small flying ranch and some jets!! yipee... :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

More to come.....Nice weather there...great places to go to aviation museum especially the Royal Australian Air Force.

Woah..great shots bro!

Really like the one of the Ansett DC3...fabulous! I thought it would be cut up like the Pelangi... :blink:

Melbourne always has a nice blue sky with few 'tiny' clouds..Should go spotting last year <_>

Ansett! Love to see it again! SQ Rotation! :o :o BEAUTIFUL!

thats actually the place where i did all my spotting in melb..

Waaa.. brought your ladder along ke TK? :lol: (kidding.... :p )

Part of the equipment for spotting now... :D

Nice pic from the museum... surely there are more... share pls ;)

I dont know where its tail.... :huh:

IPB Image

One of the famous Rolls Royce Dart engine..

IPB Image

I heard that this plane is good for smuggling cars between England and France long time ago...

IPB Image

Double Decker open air Blender...with contra rotating blades... :) My mom would love to have this in her kitchen...

IPB Image

Define aerodynamics....

IPB Image

Somebody asked for MH...he might have had "Imrans Syndrome"...

Thanks to Liam and David....great contacts for spotting.

No worries mate, glad to haved helped! Dave is a great bloke!

I dont know where its tail....

I knew we once has a Viscount that lost its wing (inflight!!), but never a tail

Nice shots! Wow..can't even fathom losing a wing inflight...much less a tail! :o Maybe kena potong for spare parts...

Imran's syndrome... :blink: :blink: :huh:

Thanks, TK. The last 3 pics remind me of RAAF Butterworth where I used to see the Gannets and the Bristol Freighter operate.

Next time you should also take a Tiger Moth ride just outside Melbourne. I wanted to but didn't have the time to stop by the airfield (Mourrabin?). Later in the afternoon I was walking around Flinders St and heard the beautiful sound of the Gypsy Moth engine and there it was in the sky on a joy flight.

Wah double properllar one..cool..so if 1 breaksdown still got one more..lol..

got any QF743..???

Haiya....mana enjin nii.....(where's the engine) :angry:

IPB Image

Haiya...dis one oso no enjin ah...

IPB Image

This one reminds me of my TAX form to fill it up... :angry:

IPB Image

Realy Beautifull Pic TK... Amazing :wub: Love the DC-3. and the Double Deck air Blede realy Awsome :blink::blink:

Attan, Morrabin is the place. She's got runways going off in every direction! You can fly a DC-3 out of Essendon on a dinner "cruise" as well (*cough* PER will soon have a DC-3 based her for joyflights *cough* :p )

Raj, QF 743's are rare at the best of times in Melbourne. AFL Grand Final 05, being the exception

TK, VH-TAX brand new Warrior III, still doesn't compare to Diamond DA40's and Cirrus SR22's popping up around the place with their Garmin 1000 Glass panel, oh and Cessna even going in for a slice of the pie!

Thanks Liam...We get QF743 daily here at Auckland if i'm not mistaken..Coming in from Lax..Always see it in the evening when i'm out in the field playing..As that they way they come in for approach before turning in for final..Just love the sound from the engines and the looks of the engines..Shiny and classic..

Tze Shan, this birds flying days are over. Even with engines she's far from airworthy.

Raj, QF 743's are in AKL on Monday's (to/from SYD), Wednesday (SYD-MEL-AKL-LAX), Friday's (LAX-AKL-MEL-SYD). Look out for EBV/X who now have the bold "Spirit of Australia" titles after returning from Hadj duties with GA.

Attan, Morrabin is the place. She's got runways going off in every direction! You can fly a DC-3 out of Essendon on a dinner "cruise" as well (*cough* PER will soon have a DC-3 based her for joyflights *cough* :p )

Raj, QF 743's are rare at the best of times in Melbourne. AFL Grand Final 05, being the exception

TK, VH-TAX brand new Warrior III, still doesn't compare to Diamond DA40's and Cirrus SR22's popping up around the place with their Garmin 1000 Glass panel, oh and Cessna even going in for a slice of the pie!

Thanks for the info, Liam.

That Dakota cough can be highly infectious... but I really miss it. Here's a pic of me (with my hand on the DC3's oil cooler intake) taken in 1962 in Butterworth. That was an RAAF C47 I believe.

IPB Image

Woooa... Capt. U Need to Do You Own Thread laaa.. Realy Nice Pic.. Tell A lot of Story.. the sekolah dulu dulu punya uniform.. macam dalam filem P.Ramlee and also people wearing kain pelikat with shoe :wub: Love it.. Great Pic. Hope to see More laa Capt.

Look Like You realy love plane since small day.. like me too. :)

IPB Image

Woooa... Capt. U Need to Do You Own Thread laaa.. Realy Nice Pic.. Tell A lot of Story.. the sekolah dulu dulu punya uniform.. macam dalam filem P.Ramlee and also people wearing kain pelikat with shoe :wub: Love it.. Great Pic. Hope to see More laa Capt.

Look Like You realy love plane since small day.. like me too. :)

IPB Image

Isn't that the Dornier Seastar shown at the first ever LIMA? I never saw that aircraft go into production, what a pity.

IPB Image

Correct Capt. Dornier Seastar shown at the first ever LIMA with D-ICKS Registeration. :D

Sign in to follow this