MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ibrahim

KLIA Aeropolis

Just playing around at KLIA last saturday.. wanna share this what i saw at MTB laaa..

KLIA AEROPOLIS

KLIA has a sizable landbank that spreads over 25,000 acres and is currently being developed

to expand KLIA into a well balanced self sustaining, multifunctional airport city with an emphasis on greenery,

airport safety and friendly environment. KLIA Aeropolis will showcase the effort to transform KLIA into a multimodal,

multifunctional enterprise which will eventually become a diversified city with significant employment, shopping, trading, exhibition, business meeting, leisure and tourism destination on it own right.

The Rendering...

70275709ea5.jpg

There the KLIA Aeropolis scale model.. same like what i found at LIMA but diffrent a bit laaa..

47281058xe1.jpg

The close up logo and damn it... it damn big scale model.

64345655tr8.jpg

The Control panel.. you push the button light will flash out.

33366322bz9.jpg

Will come with close up pics later on... prepare your stomach. :drinks:

Ibrahim,who's the architect? They changed Kisho's masterplan?

me maybe :rofl:

kakakakaka... yeah they change Late Kisho's masterplan for the symmetrical KLIA that actualy 4 satellite building. 2 MTB.. but they not change the Rwy. location i think it still 5 Rwy. 1 Rwy for shuttle plane to Singapore.

klia2tv4.jpg

kliaqz7.jpg

more money wasting schemes for the pockets of the 'chosen ones'.

I am not sure if the opening of the KUL-SIN route be beneficial for KLIA or Changi. i'm still 50/50 on that!

however, it will be beneficial for US. that is all that matters i guess...

I think we can't just think of the present situation only.

when MH joins any alliance, i foresee huge transit business

and that's when these buildings could be used

it'll be too late when KLIA is expanded only when there's a demand for it.

Edited by Gavin Andrew David

help, how could i change my display name? i got the username and sign in name mixed up when i first registered for the account

Oh good, a repentent one !! :p

I believe you'll need to pm the administrators for the changes to be effected. In the meantime, I'll see if I can draw their attention to this matter

A warm welcome btw ! :)

Laaaa, I thought you mean the MAB Police! Good work, Ibrahim.

Was thinking the same too. some kind of police at the airport. thus the aero-polis, as in 'aero' and 'polis'. but forgot that 'polis' is 'police' in English.. hihihi..... Aeropolis, as in Megapolis (or is it Megalopolis?)

Superb plan. 2 MTBs, 4 Sats, 5 rwys. Amazing... but when can we see our beloved KLIA be full of airplanes, with current situation...? :unknw:

Edited by Yusoff

Haha.. I was at KLIA on Saturday morning too... and ironically I did took the same photos too ^_^

Anyway, from what I noticed the KLIA scale model, the proposed new LCCT will be just next door to the Main Building, right? Somewhere next to the Pan Pacific Hotel.. me thinks.

Does this mean that they're expanding LCCT business as well? And do they intend for the proposed Runaway 3, 4 and 5 to be catered for LCCT too?

First, I thought Aeropolis was MAB equipped with helicopters to chase away those birds and us spotters...

But the Aeropolis... they missing out something very very very important.... DEDICATED SPOTTING ZONE

Oh good, a repentent one !! :p

I believe you'll need to pm the administrators for the changes to be effected. In the meantime, I'll see if I can draw their attention to this matter

A warm welcome btw ! :)

Thank you.

It's finally been changed.

:)

Yeah, I do hope to see KLIA full of MH planes too!

Not forgetting the MH girls!

Above all, I see this exhibit as another 'play' by MAHB to make KUL a little bit more crowded. Because they failed to fill in the airport with travellers (as compared to BKK and SIN) and to attract more BIG airlines flying into KUL, they must think of something to make the 'white elephant' looks less 'white'. Hence, the exhibits!

First, they have the fixed 'tunnel' displaying the evolution and the achievement of Malaysia's airports, which has teken quite a number of spaces at the center of the Main Terminal Building. Now this Aeropolis model, which I have yet to see how many square feets it acquired.

I could foresee they'll allocated more spaces in KUL for perhaps... some hawker style vendors selling 'tudung' ala KL Sentral in the nearest future. :)

I could foresee they'll allocated more spaces in KUL for perhaps... some hawker style vendors selling 'tudung' ala KL Sentral in the nearest future. :)

Oh no..MAR, please don't give MAB any ideas..he he

But the Aeropolis... they missing out something very very very important.... DEDICATED SPOTTING ZONE

Talking about dedicated spotting zone, we do have one... but it is now Kawasan Larangan. :pardon:

Talking about dedicated spotting zone, we do have one... but it is now Kawasan Larangan. :pardon:

U mean the hill? Yeah..y don't they open it to the public? Should be good fun for families and individuals, young and old alike... :good:

yeah ...OBT hill is the best spot :D ..... make it open to public :p ...but scare once it is open to public , some ppl may do something " inappropriate" there , hence make it open for aircraft spotter only :lol: would be the best way :rofl: :rofl:

yeah ...OBT hill is the best spot :D ..... make it open to public :p ...but scare once it is open to public , some ppl may do something " inappropriate" there , hence make it open for aircraft spotter only :lol: would be the best way :rofl: :rofl:

I heard they decided to close it, when the crowd thronging the hill littered too much. The rubbish flew down to the runway. When I first went up there, I saw many ppl picnicking and using plastic sheets and lotsa newspapers as mats, and eating and drinking. When they left, the 'mats' were also left, plus other rubbish. Some of these ended up on the runway, which is no good. So there must a reason why MAB are not keen to open it to the public.

I remember the observation hill was open to public during the opening of KLIA. It was closed during APEC summit in KL (Nov 1998, due to security reason i believe). Since then, it is never open to public again.....

I heard they decided to close it, when the crowd thronging the hill littered too much. The rubbish flew down to the runway. When I first went up there, I saw many ppl picnicking and using plastic sheets and lotsa newspapers as mats, and eating and drinking. When they left, the 'mats' were also left, plus other rubbish. Some of these ended up on the runway, which is no good. So there must a reason why MAB are not keen to open it to the public.

To end that... build a dedicated building or zone or a tower like i suggested. Complete with x-ray scan and metal detector with guards and charge a nominal fee huhuhu...

How do we recognize the spotter huhu? Should we wear an ID? Maybe MW membership ID huhu..which make me thinking... is there such an organization for spotter registered with ROS?

Edited by Jessnor Arif

Some Close Up Shot...

dasd.jpg

dasda.jpg

dasdaa.jpg

OBS HILL turn into a Restaurant :rofl::rofl:

Edited by Ibrahim

Sign in to follow this