Holger

AirAsia : Bases outside KUL/DMK

AirAsia Malaysia

8 A320 Kota Kinabalu

6 A320 Kuching

6 A320 Johor Bahru

4 A320 Penang

2 A320 Langkawi

Thats from the data based on the flights for November.

The jets change between the flights to and from Kuala Lumpur.

I will complet it for the other countries during the next time.

Maybe soon 10 A320 in Kota Kinabalu instead of 8?

http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/08/07/kk-set-to-be-more-important-airasia-hub/

“As it is, we are flying in eight aircraft and if everything goes well, we are looking at 10 aircraft in total by January 2019.

By the end of the year, three more international destinations from KK will be added on top of existing 295 weekly flights.

“As for domestic routes, we are currently in discussion with the Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM), to add routes to Sibu and Bintulu in addition to our existing routes to Sandakan, Tawau, Miri and Kuching,”

Bangkok is bookable since weeks and will start at the 16th august operated by Thai AirAsia.

He speaks from 3 more International destinations starting in december! Plus Sibu and Bintulu.

Now in this moment not less than 8 jets are on the way from South Korea to BKI. All by korean airlines!

I think Seoul could be one destination..around 5h flighttime, possible with the A320.

the other 2 ones should be China, maybe Shanghai and Changsha?

Yes, the mind boggles as to why AK has not dipped its feet into BKI-SEL all this while :)

I'm guessing anywhere MH's 738 can reach, AK's 320(neo) also can do ? Hopefully they can do a better show to Tokyo and/or Perth than what the incumbent has mustered all these years

Yes, the mind boggles as to why AK has not dipped its feet into BKI-SEL all this while :)

I'm guessing anywhere MH's 738 can reach, AK's 320(neo) also can do ? Hopefully they can do a better show to Tokyo and/or Perth than what the incumbent has mustered all these years

I think that is what TF is planning to do when he said he wanted T2 all to himself. Bring in those A333 and hubbing more A320 to feed their widebodies service at BKI from all over Borneo. MH and BI will be hit greatly if AK Group do so.

TF ain't looking at A320 service to SEL from BKI, he is gunning for A333 operation. Big time!

One information i could found and then maybe one of the three new international destinations:

AirAsia have traffic rights for daily BKI-NANJING!

So far the AirAsia-Group serves Nanjing only out of DMK.

I think that is what TF is planning to do when he said he wanted T2 all to himself. Bring in those A333 and hubbing more A320 to feed their widebodies service at BKI from all over Borneo. MH and BI will be hit greatly if AK Group do so.

TF ain't looking at A320 service to SEL from BKI, he is gunning for A333 operation. Big time!

Not only that, operate from BKI T2 saves fuel because after they land from Rwy 02, turn into Taxiway A in idle highspeed and left turn on apron to park; minimum power use. 3 mins in total from touchdown to shutdown. Departure special request RWY 20 departure from Taxiway B during less or low traffic. Save even more fuel than operating on 1 engine until pre-line up. Very the flight operation wet dream of his.

AirAsia Malaysia

8 A320 Kota Kinabalu

6 A320 Kuching

6 A320 Johor Bahru

4 A320 Penang

2 A320 Langkawi

Thats from the data based on the flights for November.

The jets change between the flights to and from Kuala Lumpur.

I will complet it for the other countries during the next time.

BKI - 8

PEN - 4

KCH - 5

JHB - 5

LGK - 0

BKI - 8

PEN - 4

KCH - 5

JHB - 5

LGK - 0

Sorry thats not right!

I made the utilisation plan for every base.

For example Kuching departures in the morning for november:

0600 0655 0720 0810 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0610 0735 0800 0925 KCH BKI x x x x x x x

0700 0740 0805 0845 KCH SBW x x x x x x x

0700 0755 0820 0910 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0710 0850 0915 1100 KCH KUL x x x x x x x

And number 6:

0700 0830 1415 1545 KCH SIN x x x x

0800 0935 1520 1650 KCH SIN x x x

Edited by Holger

He has not got the deal for BKI T2 that he wants - so he cannot execute expansion plans. But it may be too late - the low fuel prices of the past 18 months is now at an end. So launching new routes will be more difficult as low fares will not be so low now...

Sorry thats not right!

I made the utilisation plan for every base.

For example Kuching departures in the morning for november:

0600 0655 0720 0810 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0610 0735 0800 0925 KCH BKI x x x x x x x

0700 0740 0805 0845 KCH SBW x x x x x x x

0700 0755 0820 0910 KCH BTU x x x x x x x

0710 0850 0915 1100 KCH KUL x x x x x x x

And number 6:

0700 0830 1415 1545 KCH SIN x x x x

0800 0935 1520 1650 KCH SIN x x x

Holger, Sri Ramani K is absolutely right! He is THE Airasia authority here! :)

He has not got the deal for BKI T2 that he wants - so he cannot execute expansion plans. But it may be too late - the low fuel prices of the past 18 months is now at an end. So launching new routes will be more difficult as low fares will not be so low now...

Datuk TF can always add processing fee, admin fee, convenience fee,fuel surcharge fee, hike the baggage fee, up Santan, KLIA2 fee to cover for oil price hike.... Hehe!

I would like to think that they have done up the research and found to be not profitable. Easter and Jeju are both LCC and they have flights from ICN & PUS daily now. So LCC with the right mechanism might work. Maybe AK lacks presence in Korea.

Also, noted Korean backpackers are pretty rare in KK. They get the VIP treatment i.e. being chauffeured around without much interaction with the locals. From landing to departing.

I would like to think that they have done up the research and found to be not profitable. Easter and Jeju are both LCC and they have flights from ICN & PUS daily now. So LCC with the right mechanism might work. Maybe AK lacks presence in Korea.

Also, noted Korean backpackers are pretty rare in KK. They get the VIP treatment i.e. being chauffeured around without much interaction with the locals. From landing to departing.

I know they enjoy staying at Shangri-La Rasa Ria for 1-2weeks stay and never really leaving the resort only for kundasang or island hopping. The room rates have jacked up 200% compared to 2010 and sometimes there's no room available.

I know they enjoy staying at Shangri-La Rasa Ria for 1-2weeks stay and never really leaving the resort only for kundasang or island hopping. The room rates have jacked up 200% compared to 2010 and sometimes there's no room available.

Amway South Korea annual incentive trip has visited KK a number of time. All their Diamonds and Crown Ambassador ranking distributors deserved the best. No wonder they need KE B744 sometimes.

believe it or not, Korean $$ pretty hard flow into our market... from A-Z covered by Korean company. ground tour company, tour guide, souvenir stop, Island base(include Sapi/Mamutik/Mantanani, they managed to find their own corner), Mangrove tour, rafting (bajak the whole river), restaurant and more... all this business manage by their own ppl. beside hiring some locals for the works. they rather to hire a local tour guide seat in only, without the actual service. the only thing they can't conquer the business is Hotel, tour bus, and the airport maybe. :p

..... They get the VIP treatment i.e. being chauffeured around without much interaction with the locals. From landing to departing.

Yes :)

Example, they get dropped off at a corner of Asia City, go for lunch at the couple of Korean restaurants there, drop by ACE supermarket to stock up on Korean snacks/provisions/soju and straight back into the waiting coaches

It's like so well choreographed :D

Amway South Korea annual incentive trip has visited KK a number of time. All their Diamonds and Crown Ambassador ranking distributors deserved the best. No wonder they need KE B744 sometimes.

indeed. their ALS normally last 3-4weeks, all their distributor come in batch, every batch stay around 6-7days here. they even conquer entire Karambunai resort, and named as Amway resort, which all of their amenities are in Amway Logo, eg. Golf Ball, slippers, and resort staff uniforms are all provided by Amway.

and roadside news, say some of their leaders actually complain our Kimchi not up to their standard, ended up the company arrange tons of Kimchi under the belly of the 747....

Yes :)

Example, they get dropped off at a corner of Asia City, go for lunch at the couple of Korean restaurants there, drop by ACE supermarket to stock up on Korean snacks/provisions/soju and straight back into the waiting coaches

It's like so well choreographed :D

another word is, they never away from Korea actually. they only borrow use our land and weather. hahahaha

Edited by Samuel Chy

Talking of which:

1) when are we due for the next convoy of Korean 744s (even 748 or 380 ?!) shipping them Amway VIPs in ? :)

2) compared to 'their' kimchi, you have to concede 'our' versions are ...... well, 'meh' to put it mildly :D

indeed. their ALS normally last 3-4weeks, all their distributor come in batch, every batch stay around 6-7days here. they even conquer entire Karambunai resort, and named as Amway resort, which all of their amenities are in Amway Logo, eg. Golf Ball, slippers, and resort staff uniforms are all provided by Amway.

and roadside news, say some of their leaders actually complain our Kimchi not up to their standard, ended up the company arrange tons of Kimchi under the belly of the 747....

another word is, they never away from Korea actually. they only borrow use our land and weather. hahahaha

Hahahaha! Holy smoke! I learn something new today, thank for the info. Wah, can officially rename the resort already as Amway Getaway Resort Malaysia. Lol

Shipping Kimchi from Korea to be enjoyed thousands km away.... Lol

KK is earning big bucks from these MICE group. But how much really trickle down to local remains to be seen. No wonder my local KK friends are complaining food in KK is expensive. Lol

KKIA needs expansion to accommodate A380 pronto!!

Actually except for franchise believe the other Korean restaurants in KK are owned by "retired" Koreans, some may not be able to even communicate in English properly. So the claim about bad kimchi...

It's been awhile since a fleet of 2 x B747, 2 x T7 and 1 330(?) brought in the Amway army and occupy Sepanggar Bay. Didn't notice any extraordinary movement since then.

By the way, KKIA can handle B748.

Edited by Waiping

Sign in to follow this