MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Lim

Another SIA emergency landing

Singapore Airlines Boeing-777 Emergency Landing in Moscow

On Saturday a Boeing-777 of Singapore Airlines flying from Dubai to Moscow carried out emergency landing at Domodedovo airport in the Russian capital. There were over 200 passengers aboard. No one of the passengers or the crew was injured.

As the airport’s press-service reports, some trouble occurred in one of the plane`s engines during the flight. The plane crew asked for emergency landing reporting about a technical problem. At the airdrome the plane was met by rescue services: firemen and ambulance, which help, however, was not necessary.

http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/5832/

Sources from A.net says it's flight SQ376 SIN-DXB-DME

Will the Triple Seven lose its ETOPS certification if this trend continues?

Edited by Andrew Lim

Could be, but the problem is, its all from SQ.

At the same time, it could be coincidental because they are the largest operators of the 777's.

A string of incidents of the same nature in such short time span doesnt quite look coincidental, or at least it would give a real good reason for a thorough investigation.

I m very interested to know what is going on with the GE engines. Hoping that GE would start to investigation to determine what is wrong with the engine before it starts to claim human life.

Another possibility that comes through my mind that someone is sabotaging the SQ's Triple 7 fleet.

To LeeCH: Always have a safe flight and all the best in your flying :)

I m very interested to know what is going on with the GE engines. Hoping that GE would start to investigation to determine what is wrong with the engine before it starts to claim human life.

Another possibility that comes through my mind that someone is sabotaging the SQ's Triple 7 fleet.

To LeeCH: Always have a safe flight and all the best in your flying :)

SQ376 is operated on a Trent 884 engine. So it has nothing to do with GE this time. And I think nobody would ever be foolish enough to attempt a sabotage of such magnitude. Not in Singapore at least where everything is closely monitored. Furthermore, in engineering, just like flying, there are suppose to be cross checking involved.

Oh yeah. I have and always prepared for any emergency. Thats what I am paid for by fellow passengers. :rolleyes:

SQ376 is operated on a Trent 884 engine. So it has nothing to do with GE this time. And I think nobody would ever be foolish enough to attempt a sabotage of such magnitude. Not in Singapore at least where everything is closely monitored. Furthermore, in engineering, just like flying, there are suppose to be cross checking involved.

Oh yeah. I have and always prepared for any emergency. Thats what I am paid for by fellow passengers. :rolleyes:

hehehe .. glad to hear that :) ETOPS certification is by FAA ?

Sign in to follow this