MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Sibu Airport spotting

Went to the airport today to send my young brother,as he's returning to KML (Kolej Matrikulasi Labuan-Labuan Matriculation College) for the new semester.

(O/T:any of our MWings members studying in Labuan Matriculation?Maybe any of you recognize my young brother,Tamimi Hj Tamby)

After entering to the airport,suddenly i've saw a aircraft parked at gate 1,and went there to take a photo of it.

After finding out,it's the DCA Learjet Calibrator II jet (9M-CAL).

DSCN1796.jpg

(The engines are still covered,and also the 'Remove before Flight' tags on the a/c)

Later,around 7.50am,MASWings F50 arrives from MYY and BTU.No taxing photos were taken,as i'm still at the departure hall that time.The aircraft used for that flight was Golf January.To be honest with all MWings members,this is my very first photo of MASWings F50 taken.My last F50 photoshot was on September 2007,while FAX still operates the F50.

DSCN1797.jpg

(Passengers from MYY and BTU disembarked from Golf January.Notice the catering van on standby.

DSCN1798.jpg

(Tail of F50.I've noticed that there was a small Fokker logo on the tail,but the logo is no longer available.In 2009,this tail will become a history,when the ATR72-500 joins the MASWings fleet.)

DSCN1799.jpg

(Ground crews performing pre-departure checks on Golf January)

DSCN1800.jpg

(On the other side,the MH crews starts loading cargo and luggages into Golf January.The black and white stripe propeller is definately unique,and i will definately miss it when the F50 leaving MASWings)

Later,First flight from West Malaysia arrives at SBW.It's the AirAsia AK 5620 from LCCT,With the a/c registration 9M-AFU.Here are the photos;

DSCN1801.jpg

(Pix no.1.sorry for the blur images)

DSCN1802.jpg

(Again,sorry for the blur image.While the MH still preparing Golf January for her next flight,the AK crews preparing to unload cargo from Foxtrot Uniform.)

Later,Foxtrot Uniform heads to gate 4,and it's the 1st Airbus of the day for AK team in SBW.

DSCN1804.jpg

(Pix no.3)

DSCN1803.jpg

(Pix no.4)

DSCN1804.jpg

(Pix no.5)

DSCN1805.jpg

(Pix no.6.Welcome to Sibu :drinks: Unfortunately,the MH stair truck is blocking the A320 <_>

You can barely see the Captain and the F/O inside the cockpit.The Ground crew prepares to bringing in the stairs.

DSCN1806.jpg

After the aircraft is refuelled and all cargo were loaded,passengers began embarking the aircraft,as the passengers from AK5620 enters the terminal building

DSCN1807.jpg

View of AFU

DSCN1808.jpg

Passengers boarding the Golf January

DSCN1809.jpg

(my young bro,with the blue plastic bag is about to enter the aircraft)

Then,it's time to leave the airport.Couple of shots of AFU from the open observation deck

DSCN1810.jpg

(You could see people at that area)

AFU,before leaving the airport.

DSCN1811.jpg

All of the photos taken using Nikon Coolpix Point & Shoot camera,so quality may a bit low.

So,hope to hear your comments and recommendations so i could improve the quality of the photo.

Thank you for viewing :lol:

One easy comment for u to improve image quality... mind the sun direction... even DsLR cant do much good with wrong lighting...

Second harder comment.. get a DsLR hahaha..

Nice Heliconia over there... :p

No Prob.. P&S pun ok.. janji NIKON :good::good:

One easy comment for u to improve image quality... mind the sun direction... even DsLR cant do much good with wrong lighting...

Second harder comment.. get a DsLR hahaha..

Thanks for the comments,Taiko.Will take note on the sun direction more seriously while taking shots

For the DsLR,Don't worry....I will get one sooner or later.Definately the Darksider ones :drinks:

Nice Heliconia over there... :p

No Prob.. P&S pun ok.. janji NIKON :good::good:

Hahaha :p

At least it's NIKON... :good:

Thanks for sharing... :clapping:

BTW... Golf January?... is that what they called her...

J should be Juliet...

You're most welcome,Uncle Norman.

Ah,sorry for the typo error.I just realized it when you're saying it.

Sometimes i can get confused :)

Anyhow,thank you again to all gurus here in MWings for the comments and also useful tips for me.Must work hard starting from now to get myself a nice DsLR (A second hand DsLR pun bolehlah)

hehe, you are in luck Tamizi, Uncle Norman has one up for grabs.. hehe

hehe, you are in luck Tamizi, Uncle Norman has one up for grabs.. hehe

Yalah,you're right.But have to plan very well if i want to buy DsLR.

Haiizzz.. i dunno 5 steps ladder tall enough or not to rid off the fence? Lens can't get through the fence hehhehe

Haiizzz.. i dunno 5 steps ladder tall enough or not to rid off the fence? Lens can't get through the fence hehhehe

Iggy, if you are using 18-200mm lense, can shoot through the fense... if you wanna use your Bigma, then bring a 3 steps ladder... but i bet the security guard will come and catch this intruder within minutes.... :rofl: :rofl:

cut a big hole to fit ur lens..no one know!! iam serious..maybe u can do it on 2am like tad..wear black black..

for the mosquito, feed them up la..then the next day u can feed ur lens ma..

by the way, iggy, i suspect u to have roboh a little bit of the fence on the hill in KCH here...

cut a big hole to fit ur lens..no one know!! iam serious..maybe u can do it on 2am like tad..wear black black..

for the mosquito, feed them up la..then the next day u can feed ur lens ma..

by the way, iggy, i suspect u to have roboh a little bit of the fence on the hill in KCH here...

hahaha... wasn't me.. it is as it is when i was there.... still go up there kah bro?? :D

hahaha... wasn't me.. it is as it is when i was there.... still go up there kah bro?? :D

long time dint go le..nothing special anymore..see the baby boeing till sienz liao... <_>

wait see got special event and iam in kuching then can gather lo..if normal day i dont want le la..

Iggy, if you are using 18-200mm lense, can shoot through the fense... if you wanna use your Bigma, then bring a 3 steps ladder... but i bet the security guard will come and catch this intruder within minutes.... :rofl: :rofl:

And there goes my 3 steps ladder too .. wallaped!!!! hahaha

Edited by Ignatius

Your younger brother is a PDT (Program Dua Tahun) student in KML right?...I met with him quite few times already...

Edited by Alif A. F.

Ah..so you're the one my younger brother mentioned,Alif.So you're studying at KML right now?

Wilber,the open area is one of my favourite in SBW.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Ah..so you're the one my younger brother mentioned,Alif.So you're studying at KML right now?

Wilber,the open area is one of my favourite in SBW.

No, I finished my study in April..I was a PST (program satu tahun) student...

No, I finished my study in April..I was a PST (program satu tahun) student...

Oh,i see.

Sorry for the typo on the first post.It should be 'Calibrator I',not 'Calibrator II'.

A shot of the wounded bird in Sibu. Was taken by a handphone camera during my navex to Sibu. Sorry for the blur pix.

fe29f750d6.jpg

afcb26a345.jpg

First of all, can we change this thread to become the 'official' thread for Sibu Airport Spotting. Hope the moderators can assist to this. Thank you.

Okay, below are photos before my SBW-BKI flight on the 11th August 2008.

SBW1.jpg

Layang-layang Aviation helicopter. Another one joined later. Notice the cresent logo, suggesting use for medical purposes.

SBW2.jpg

I've yet to see this bird fly. Is it injured or what?

SBW6.jpg

MAS baby Boeing came from KUL

SBW3.jpg

Busy day at SBW tarmac with AK and MH

SBW4.jpg

SBW5.jpg

SBW7.jpg

View just after take-off

SBW1.jpg

Layang-layang Aviation helicopter. Another one joined later. Notice the cresent logo, suggesting use for medical purposes.

ZS PWA

which country registration is this?

Wa...skyvan sleeping using eye mask in sibu!!

I wonder why is that South African Bölkow 105 over there ?? Malaysia can buy new helicopters replacing the Nuris and extra 21 choppers for the police but for we need a South African Heli for our flying ambulance/flying doctors ????