MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Love the SQ 773ER's raked wing tip. ^_^

And so many Jumbos!!! And Korean seem so eager to dive into Chek Lap Kok. :D

Sneeze! Thanks for sharing those lovely photos from HK.

Sneeze, with those unique traffic at hong kong.... i dont mind just sit there and starred at the aircraft and dont care about the wx :p

Good pix bro! Come to KL for some bright sun!

Sneeze, love to see the unique traffic at HKG! I like the GulfAir especially!

Thanks for sharing .. ;-)

Nothing bad about your shots, Sneeze: always love to see CLK pictures - keep them comin'

Excellent nose-shot of Foxtrot Hotel :drinks:

Nothing bad about your shots, Sneeze: always love to see CLK pictures - keep them comin'

Excellent nose-shot of Foxtrot Hotel :drinks:

Thanks uncle Pieter

I would manage to have some shots today, may I get your help if any of the MP's BCF come to HKG today?

Nice shots, Sneeze, especially the Gulf Air A343 and the SIA 773(ER) :) :good: :drinks:

Its a BAD weather...not the Photographer, not the Camera (Canon.... :mellow: )...he he he not the Photo...

Cool sneeze..

I would manage to have some shots today, may I get your help if any of the MP's BCF come to HKG today?

No MP flights into HKG for 20mar...will keep you informed with the MP flights; see the Flight Logbook section "for Sneeze" for more information ;)

Wohoo,

Great shot there Sneeze..Fianlly Some updates from Hong Kong..

Nice shot of SQ n Israel..Any NZ for me..??

"The Day After Tomorrow" - A Similar case live from Hong Kong.

Yesterday, I went to Canon to get my 10D back, and at once, heading to HKIA right after I have it back.

It was sunny and shine on my way to HKIA. I got off the bus at 17:00.

And start spotting 10mins after when I have reached the site.

Sadly, the weather sharp changed within 30mins.

The following photos have just slightly and in reasonable editing with contrast and brightness.

@17:10

0518-vh-ogs_7910.jpg

@17:11

0518-n621fe_7914.jpg

@17:14

0518-b-5201_7920.jpg

@17:20 (3 mins before the thunderstorm reached the runway)

0518-b-hya_7934.jpg

@17:23

IMG_7937.jpg

You can see the difference that the area cover with the storm and the area going to be cover in this photo of VS.

After that, Transmiles' MD11F landed with report of 35kts windshear. And followed that, UA895 and SQ866 asked for going around and finally diverted to Macau. SQ866 was back to HKG at 21:47, on the other hand, the UA flight HKG/SIN was then cancelled.

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Wow....the Dragonair A330 really stands out very well against the amazingly dark background, it looked like it was taken at night with an extremely powerful flash :lol:

Wow....the Dragonair A330 really stands out very well against the amazingly dark background, it looked like it was taken at night with an extremely powerful flash :lol:

That one really looks lovely, can't easy to have such a terrible but dry condition for such a computerless special effect.

the weather is REAL GOOD! How many time in your life you'll have this kind of opportunity? he he he :p

Thanks Kev and Norman.

In fact, I just went there to test on my lens' focus, to see whether it need to return Canon for the N times amendment.

But luckily, seems fine. So, that's why I have this chance to have such a special moment photos.

Nice shots Sneeze.

The Weather makes it even better.

Like the one of the Air China Baby Boeing. Blends in nicely with the background.

Sneeze,

That KA A330 looks very dramatic this way: excellent picture !!! :drinks:

Days before my day of full-time working. I have been crazy for spotting around HKIA.

May I share this highlight of yesterday (29/May), before I try to share the highlights of today(30/May)?

Anyway, this one really made me feel happy after I have taken this scenery into shot. It really can't tell how happy I am by just a few words.

Let's see and comment.

Here is the shot.

0529-b-huk_9342.jpg