MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

2nd Airbus Executive Jet for the Government of Malaysia - 9M-NAB

How can they said it's for RMAF? There's no air force insignia or logo on the plane. Even the other one 9M-NAA is using civilian registration. The Boeing 737-700BBJ then can say belong to RMAF because it has the M53-01 registration.

Wow, just as the masses thought that NAA is a waste of tax payers money and was 'abused' most of the time by the you know who and should be sold, here comes NAB.

Kaya-raya nya Malaysia!

Wow, just as the masses thought that NAA is a waste of tax payers money and was 'abused' most of the time by the you know who and should be sold, here comes NAB.

Kaya-raya nya Malaysia!

The masses aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed...

It will cost just as much to charter a plane as it is to own one, especially for long haul flights (especially now since MH don't have that many aircraft to spare for charters).

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

What is the need to charter? Besar sangat ke rombongan Cik Kiah berjalan keliling dunia? That's why we have schedule flights. Maybe this is the time to book on MH and support the company.

Flying the schedule flight like normal peasants is currently in fashion amongst world leaders.

What is the need to charter? Besar sangat ke rombongan Cik Kiah berjalan keliling dunia? That's why we have schedule flights. Maybe this is the time to book on MH and support the company.

Flying the schedule flight like normal peasants is currently in fashion amongst world leaders.

MH don't fly everywhere & scheduled flights are subject to changes like mechanical faults etc. If it's only the wives or for holiday understandablelah but for official business any delay can't be accepted.

But that's just my thought.

Necessary or not,different story. From a political point of view,this is a suicide. Just as when they are cutting expenses everywhere and people are still staying in tents after the big flood at the east coast. The opposition will have a field day with this

1. Prince William and his wife went on official visit to Singapore using SQ in 2012.
  2. Christine Lagarde (M.D. IMF) and her entourage used MH to Philippines after an official visit to Malaysia in 2012.
  3. Mark Rutte (Netherlands P.M.) took MH19 to meet Najib last year.

It costs far less to travel on immediately available routes with multiple frequencies offered by commercial airlines. Unless you travel from say, KK to Honiara (which required the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to charter an executive jet to make such official trips).

9H-AWK is (previously?) owned by Comlux Malta, I think Malaysia Government lease (bought?) the bird for long term thus repainting in 1Malaysia colour.

A lot of exterior and interior pic on Google Images search: https://www.google.com/search?q=9H-AWK&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xw75VKvEN8Tt8AWV34LgAg&ved=0CB0QsAQ

The profile of the bird is detailed here: http://www.comluxaviation.com/portfolio/airbus-a320-9h-awk/

I am trying to look at the aircraft (lease/purchase) with half filled glass, hopefully it is just leased.........If the gomen had really bought the aircraft, I would be speechless, in this difficult time the country faces.

Edited by JuliusWong

They still have the Global Express no? That is good enough to reach anywhere. Is it still in use? Coz I only see NAA and the BBJ flying regularly

Yes, the Global Express can reach almost anywhere within 9, 360km from KL.

I do think Malaysia VIP fleet is a bit too bloated. Currently we have:

1. Boeing Business Jet BBJ1 B737-700
  2. Bombardier Global Express BD700
  3. Dassault Falcon 900
  4. Airbus A319CJ
  5. Airbus A320CJ*
Status unknown.....

There is a joke about throwing the PM off the plane and the whole population would be happy. Not gonna happen if you use private jets.

The gomen will claim 9M-NAB is leased and not bought like NAA. 9M-NAB could travel in pair with NAA as backup/standby like POTUS, Japan PM, Chinese President; when situation like east coast flooding arise again, pm needs not travel by commercial airline. RMAF BBJ is about 20 years old, NAB could be a standby aircraft for HRH. Lastly the FL could use NAB or NAA at anytime without disturbing pm travelling arrangement.

Edited by KK Lee

First of all, I must apologise for creating a fuss.

I just checked my spotting archive and discovered that 9H-AWK was previously with the Malaysian govt. It was leased - perhaps, the govt. has decided to renew the lease and repaint it in the same livery as 9M-NAA.

Here is a photo of this aircraft at the 2013 LIMA - carrying His Majesty the King.

web.jpg

The gomen will claim 9M-NAB is leased and not bought like NAA. 9M-NAB could travel in pair with NAA as backup/standby like POTUS, Japan PM, Chinese President; when situation like east coast flooding arise again, pm needs not travel by commercial airline. RMAF BBJ is about 20 years old, NAB could be a standby aircraft for HRH. Lastly the FL could use NAB or NAA at anytime without disturbing pm travelling arrangement.

The BBJ might be nearly 20 years old, but judging by the usage, where I don't think will be too much, probably means it still have plenty of years left?

I do think Malaysia VIP fleet is a bit too bloated. Currently we have:

• Boeing Business Jet BBJ1 B737-700
  • Bombardier Global Express BD700
  • Dassault Falcon 900
  • Airbus A319CJ
  • Airbus A320CJ*
Status unknown.....

Bit of useless trivia - that VIP fleet is just one short to equal number of Twotters we have here to serve the rural folks

Edited by BC Tam

The BBJ suffered a serious mishap a few years back. Maybe the "tuning" is gone. :D

Anyway the leasing contract might be interesting.

Edited by Waiping

Sign in to follow this