Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

London Heathrow EGLL/LHR

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#41 David

David
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

Great picture Phil good.gif Any more coming?.... clapping.gif

#42 Terence Ong

Terence Ong
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

Great shots you have there, Phil. Anymore coming up?

#43 Phil

Phil
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Nick C @ Apr 2 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dreadful livery. They should do away with the Red window frame and have a bigger cheat line. The coporate logo should be extended like the new QF one.

I have to disagree I'm afraid Nick, the window frames are a great part of the original scheme, agree the cheat line should be more prominant but the rest is just lovely, it's only my humble opinion though.......... rolleyes.gif More to come soon guys.

#44 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

Excellent shots, Phil, brings back memories of my visit last monday !!!

Unfortunately, runways in use were 09L (landing) and 09R (take-off), making it extremely difficult for photography, at least for me as no LHR-resident mad.gif
However, due to new "Open Skies", more colourful airlines now visit LHR i.s.o LGW, like CO, DL and NW to name a few pardon.gif

Hope to meet you in May for a re-trial of aircraft-photography... yahoo.gif

#45 Phil

Phil
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hey guys, Thanks for all the kind comments, here is an up-date from my recent visit on the 1st April. Had some really decent movements ltely but the weather as usual has been awful, anyways on with the pics, enjoy yahoo.gif

Nice to get an Embraer.

A6-EHH close up.

Nice side on showing the full length.

New open skies means we get a few new US carriers

Lovely Air Canada stretch T7.

UAL new colours

Saudia on it's way to JED.

Ok more to follow soon.

#46 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:46 AM

Etihad Pencil rocks !!! yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

See you 12apr ? huh.gif

#47 Phil

Phil
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

Sadly I am working next saturday Pieter I was just going to message you about that, If for some reason I'm not I will let you know, anyways on with the photos...

Thai heading for home.

Icelandair with the weals tucked away already!!

Rare to get this gem and in sunlight too.

Two more form the new open skies agreement.

Operating the new LHR - LAX.

Virgin stretch.

Qatar stretch.

Nice special colours.

This Air New Zealand is missing the fuselage stripes, I wonder why,any ideas?

Nice JAL.

Finally operating the Austrian flight was this little beauty.

I hope you enjoyed them.

#48 Jonathan Kong

Jonathan Kong

King Kong

• Platinum Member
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:45 AM

Very colourful! blink.gif blink.gif

#49 Sneeze Lam

Sneeze Lam
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

Very nice photos there with various of angles, lovely.

I will be in LHR soon in late May, may you kindly help in providing information for how to reach the spotting points.

Thanks

#50 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Phil @ Apr 5 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Qatar stretch.
http://i163.photobuc...egaVW/a7agb.jpg
I hope you enjoyed them.

Very much so, especially this Pencil !!! drinks.gif

#51 Walter Sim

Walter Sim
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

woahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Bloody fantastic Phil!! What lense are you using?

#52 Yukihiro

Yukihiro
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(Sneeze Lam @ Apr 6 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be in LHR soon in late May, may you kindly help in providing information for how to reach the spotting points.

Sneeze,

Very simple. All those 27L/R spot can be reached by foot. Just take a tube and get off at Hatton Cross station. You may find spotting spot 27L easily. For 27R approach spotting, 285 bus that is running between central bus station @ LHR and Hatton Cross station through Bath Rd.(close to 27R spot) would be usuful for you.

For 27L rotation (Phil's TG 744 rotation) you must have a rental car. Driving along the perimeter road from Hatton Cross side(direction to T4) you may find the spot(Esso petrol station) easily. Please note you might get only wide bodies heavy rotation there.

27L lining up, A ladder would be nice however a police car coming within minutes, I do not recommend you to try this sad.gif because of angle between fence and taxi way, I don't like to shoot 27L lining up through the fence. 27R lining up is easy to shoot through the fence without ladder however light is only available after 1800hrs during May-July summer time.

In case 09 in use there is only one spot 09L approach(09R spot is gone long time ago), you can be raeached there by bus heading for "Longford" There is no bus service between central bus station to Longford. You may need to tranafer on Bath Rd. Acess by rental car also would be nice for 09L.

Any more Q, just email me or msn me.
Hopefully better wx there tongue.gif
YK

#53 Sneeze Lam

Sneeze Lam
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Yukihiro @ Apr 7 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sneeze,
Any more Q, just email me or msn me.
Hopefully better wx there tongue.gif
YK

Hi YK,
Many thanks with your kindly guidelines.

I am now really afraid with the BA/ T5 incident, also, the sudden SNOW, really threated me.

#54 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

Sorry, Phil, for 'hijacking' your thread sorry.gif
Was visiting LHR last saturday, and was able to shoot some very colourful airlines, not flying into AMS yahoo.gif
However, weather was extremely difficult with bright sunny spells and dark and heavy showers...giving some dramatic backdrop for the pictures, however pardon.gif

Hope you'll enjoy them nonetheless, despite the irritating dust-spots !

How about living in one of these houses as a spotter/photographer, guys and gals ? huh.gif good.gif

Lufthansa was the 1st to pass my lens with this classic colourscheme:

Another Star-Alliance partner, Air Canada was showing off her 'old' colours on this 767-300:

But LOT of Poland even did better with this Star Alliance full livery:

Bmi recently had purchased Bmed from BA, and the aircraft are now shown in a hybrid scheme; I really love the 'fluorescent' Bmi titles:

One of the most colourful Asian colourschemes at present is the one of Air India, IMHO:

Was really pleased to see this long-haul aircraft of Olympic from ATH; how long will they survive ? huh.gif :

No doubt, the longest flight into LHR is flown by this Air New Zealand 747-400:

Always nice to see are the cedars of Lebanon pardon.gif :

Tarom of Romania is an associate-member of Skyteam, and not seen at AMS aswell, so was glad she passed my lens:

more to follow later... pardon.gif

#55 Phil

Phil
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:24 AM

Nice shots Pieter, so sorry I could not be with you to enjoy the fun and iffy wacko.gif weather. Look forward to the next clapping.gif set

#56 Simon

Simon
  • Platinum Member
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(Phil @ Apr 6 2008, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice old livery from Thai clapping.gif

#57 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Phil @ Apr 15 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice shots Pieter, so sorry I could not be with you to enjoy the fun and iffy wacko.gif weather. Look forward to the next clapping.gif set

You'll have another chance on 12may08: hope the UK weather will be better, laugh.gif

Let's continue pardon.gif

Just prior to a heavy hail shower with some thunder, this 'sunshine' from India arrived; sorry.gif for the dull picture:

Always love to see these colourful tails pass my lens, although I'd hoped for a 'Pencil' sad.gif :

This colourscheme has not changed for decades blink.gif It's still classy IMHO:

Imran, this red-belly is dedicated to you !!! Love this shot, especially, as the nose is covered in sunlight while the tail is still "in the dark"... pardon.gif :

Almost missed this one, as first I thought it was Lufthansa rofl.gif Sorry for the different angle of this KTHY Boeing 737:

One of the most colourful European schemes is carried by this Star Alliance airline of Portugal:

The Blue1 flight from Helsinki is normally operated by the MD90, however this day it was this all-white Swedish registered MD80:

more to follow soon...

#58 TK

TK
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

kibris turk hava yolari..

#59 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(TK @ Apr 17 2008, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kibris turk hava yolari..

Indeed, bro, and the good thing was: they even came with 2 737's that day yahoo.gif

Let's continue with the 12apr08 spotting session ... pardon.gif

...Egyptair with the Tripple-Seven, whereas they operate only 320's or 321's into AMS, so was real glad to see this bird:

Followed by 'the Pencil", on which I'll also be a passengers in June, and before they're retired from service:

Another plane, which almost escaped my attention was this really smart looking bird from Libya:

We now proceed to Northern-Asia and this sleek looking 757 from Turkmenistan was a welcomed 'guest' for my camera:

This airline used to fly into AMS with A340's, but no more, so was happy to take a picture of this 777:

Cann't remember if this was the HKG- or LAX-flight, but another 'anti-pole' was seen arriving in the re-emerged sunshine:

Was surprised to see DHL operating into LHR ! In new-colours and white nose nonetheless blink.gif

Was it Keith or Gibby making remarks about the out-dated Star-Alliance airlines on this one ? huh.gif It's a shame they still sport Ansett, Tyrolean, Lauda and Varig on the fuselage mad.gif Note also the half-gone Lufthansa sticker !!! Excuse the different colour: this shot was taken from the T1-restaurant with tinted glass (note the heavy shower in the picture as well):

Hope you've enjoyed this selection of shots pardon.gif
LHR is an excellent airport, when it comes to different airlines and aircraft-types...
Care for some spotting together on 12may08, Phil ? wink.gif

#60 Cornelis Boersma

Cornelis Boersma
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

Libyan CR9. Really beauty Pieter! I heard in KL from English spotter they flew CR9, was surpriced to hear it but really good! Rest fine as well. To bad you didn't get Tarom 737 instead of 310! WAAAW Kuwait 777 clapping.gif I saw her in LHR last summer but was little to late to take picture are it came in when I was still in bed, dunno anymore, it was my own mistake somehow tongue.gif Days after kept being served 744.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users