MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

KUL 33 2018

Starting off this thread in 2018 with a latest repaint.

sAyHPFQ.jpg

fsz8uA2.jpg

9M-AJS in its new clothes - promoting the state of Terengganu.

Cheers! :friends: :friends:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

On-board AK5118 (rego 9M-AGT) seat 28A yesterday.

26904288_10155902062296091_1462805941503

The almost 2 year old livery. How long more will it last?

lzTaRhp.jpg

He lives on in the hearts of AirAsia family and in the local aviation community.

qHf2vxM.jpg

A good afternoon for some 33 action.

AQM De'Xandra perfume. Guess Rose Gold is the new Black these days. It has a different starboard layout.

6UZGkyi.jpg

uUXWxR1.jpg

Anyone wanna do online trading for forex?

OdHTffE.jpg

7dN7fKU.jpg

There was a time when most spotters were not enthusiastic to photograph this tigerair as it was too 'boring and norm'. But when the airline merged with Scoot

in July 2017 into Scoot brand, any spotter will any take the opportunity to photograph the hybrid scoot/tiger livery or this 'still in original tigerair BUT not for long livery'.

How circumstances has changed the spotters' mindset and perception. It made us appreciate it more before it disappears for good.

I admit I am one of the many. Guilty as charged.

ZZiNZEo.jpg

World's largest aircraft, Antonov An-225 Mriya, lands in Malaysia

​from: https://malaysia.yahoo.com/news/world-apos-largest-aircraft-antonov-140922622.html

So, anyone caught her yet ? :)

Taken while onboard MH72 KUL-HKG on 15/4. Apology for the poor photo quality.

On another note, we were lucky to get MHed with last equipment change from A330 to A350 for this flight :)

41507462451_37eb00cb24_b.jpg

On another note, we were lucky to get MHed with last equipment change from A330 to A350 for this flight :)

So which was the more pleasant surprise ? Meeting the Dream or equipment upgrade ? :)

So which was the more pleasant surprise ? Meeting the Dream or equipment upgrade ? :)

Well they were both equally pleasant surprises for me. When our flight MH140 touched down on 32L in the early morning I already spotted the giant beauty. But I wasnt armed with camera thus no photos of her were taken.

Later I found a MH A350 parked at Gate C1 which was the gate for our flight. It was another big surprise ! When we checked thru our flight to HKG in SYD the night before it was still showing A330. Even the captain of the flight mentioned in the announcement that it was a very rare opportunity to fly A350 on this route.

Sorry OT. :)

Short stop today to catch the latest of the D7 birds to be repainted..

CD48DvT.jpg

9M-XXB off to KTM bearing the Girls Frontline livery. Cheers!

Looks very temporary and tacky compared to the others, she's just returned from a maintenance check with GAMCO at CGK too.

Looks very temporary and tacky compared to the others, she's just returned from a maintenance check with GAMCO at CGK too.

Just stickered over the normal livery, but can't cover it all!

Air NZ first A321NEO on delivery flight en route KUL.

She was gated at KLIA2 after her arrival from MCT yesterday night. A bit of wild guess for us if she would depart from Rwy 32R or Rwy 33. Eventually, Rwy 33 was the chosen runway for her to continue her journey to Cairns, Australia.

ucpwsHa.jpg

Many thanks for the heads up and updates during the wild goose chase.

Notice the doors configuration is different from the standard A321/Neo and this Cabin-Flex Neo variant.

Chaity, did not see you there at the perimeter road.

27soQGD.jpg

Air NZ first A321NEO on delivery flight en route KUL.

She was gated at KLIA2 after her arrival from MCT yesterday night. A bit of wild guess for us if she would depart from Rwy 32R or Rwy 33. Eventually, Rwy 33 was the chosen runway for her to continue her journey to Cairns, Australia.

ucpwsHa.jpg

the inner-engine so colourful

Many thanks for the heads up and updates during the wild goose chase.

Notice the doors configuration is different from the standard A321/Neo and this Cabin-Flex Neo variant.

Chaity, did not see you there at the perimeter road.

---------------------------------

Ah Ong, I was wearing black that day, well blended into the All Black livery ........ :pardon:

since it's 6 months passed for the year 2019, so i bet it's not necessary to create a new thread for it. if it's necessary, Moderator do feel free to move my post. thanks~

anyway, just back from a 2D1N mainly for spotting only trip to KUL. and here are some of my photos taken on 23Jun19.

first we've 9M-XXB, the Special Girls Frontline livery arriving from JAI after nearly 3 hrs of delay.

65167780_10156635443473737_8025082638081

9M-RAR delivery flight from factory. still factory smelled huh? :drinks:
65450870_10156635443453737_4325006791189

PK-AXD, arriving from DPS as QZ550

65320227_10156635443478737_2545146934700

9M-AGY
64878810_10156635443488737_9144050845665

any idea why only certain AK A320 equip with this type of Data Antenna/trans-receiver? spotted this is on this older aircraft and another 2 newer RA's aircraft as well

The bump was a radome to house new gen Inmarsat's GX Aviation Inflight Broadband, which will gradually to be installed on A320 and A330. Previous wifi available A320 was equipped with older gen Inmarsat SwiftBroadband which the bump is not obvious.