MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Aiman

Ipoh(WMKI) Spotting

Twin Engine Trainning(aircraft registration 9M-DSW)...taxing to rnwy 04

9M-DSW.jpg

Just landed..taxing from Bravo..stop by terminal parking..drop off other trainers

IMG_6397.jpg

Continuing taxi for take-off

IMG_6398.jpg

Via Alpha taxiway

9M-IAA.jpg

Before that..IAF TnG..

IMG_6409.jpg

Back to IT&S parking bay..switch other trainner handle the a/c

9M-IAF.jpg

EC120

IMG_6425.jpg

Cirrus !! :yahoo: Nice shots Aiman ! :good:

Are those shots taken from the driving school compound ? There is another spot for runway shots which is the obs. deck but only good for afternoon shots.

Edited by MIR

Lovely shots Aiman :good:

BTW any idea who is the operator of the Piper Seneca V?Is it ITNS?

And any scheduled flights to IPH at the moment?

nice shots there Aiman, mind to let we know the spotting location? i been there last year and this year (March), i saw the 9M-TAN at there. but dunno where should i go to take picture . :(

Edited by Samuel Chy

Ipoh mali here ... Thanks for sharing. :drinks:

Sweet old memories. My dad used to bring me to that part of the fence when the old airport is still there for plane spotting when the Fokker 27 still flying. Then Fokker 50 and jet age came when 737 landed in the new airport terminal. That was way before the driving school, and I always go to see the annual mass parachute jump. :yahoo:

Cirrus !! :yahoo: Nice shots Aiman ! :good:

Are those shots taken from the driving school compound ? There is another spot for runway shots which is the obs. deck but only good for afternoon shots.

The dvring school actually closed/move also the gate are closed

Lovely shots Aiman :good:

BTW any idea who is the operator of the Piper Seneca V?Is it ITNS?

And any scheduled flights to IPH at the moment?

Correct..belongs to IT&S for multi engine training

Flight to Ipoh?...better u wait for new airport :p ok2 joking :lol: actual rite now Ipoh operated as for GA..no airline visit

nice shots there Aiman, mind to let we know the spotting location? i been there last year and this year (March), i saw the 9M-TAN at there. but dunno where should i go to take picture . :(

location...take the road that showed the drving school signboard..if u go terminal road also can catch Cirrus resting at IT&S bay

Thanks all comment hehe im newbie for spotting here ;)

Edited by Aiman

Recently I saw a photo of a TUDM Grumman Albatross which was taken in November 2003 and captioned "TUDM School Ipoh".

Can anyone confirm if it is still there and exactly where it is in Ipoh. Looked on google earth and can't find anything, but maybe looking in the wrong place.

Maybe someone has got a photo they can post?

Thanks

Geoff

Recently I saw a photo of a TUDM Grumman Albatross which was taken in November 2003 and captioned "TUDM School Ipoh".

Can anyone confirm if it is still there and exactly where it is in Ipoh. Looked on google earth and can't find anything, but maybe looking in the wrong place.

Looks like the Grumman is not there anymore...

WMKI.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the Grumman Albatross was placed near the main parade ground and there was a Skyhawk as well. (4°34'4.95"N, 101° 6'15.25"E)

grumman.jpg

Edited by MIR

Eh...when I pass there...im might miss seeing the aircft..but I think It still there...dont depend too much on google..they aren't update yet..also inside that base also have A4 skyhawk..snaping inside there aren't good idea (military area)

Mir - Thanks for the information. I note that the google map images you posted have a date of "Feb 13 2003" on them but the photo I saw was definately taken in November 2003. So maybe it arrived after February but before November 2003. I think the aircraft had previously been stored at Subang after retirement until at least the late 1990s.

Aimen (or anyone else who is area) - I would appreciate if you could post a message next time you pass to confirm if the Albatross is still there opr has moved on.

Thanks

Geoff

Aimen (or anyone else who is area) - I would appreciate if you could post a message next time you pass to confirm if the Albatross is still there opr has moved on.

Thanks

Geoff

Geoff, the Albatross is still over there. Just a glimpse of it, my apologies for the low quality photo. :sorry:

fboat.jpg

Edited by MIR

Geoff, the Albatross is still over there. Just a glimpse of it, my apologies for the low quality photo. :sorry:

fboat.jpg

MIR

Many thanks for posting the picture confirming the Albatross M35-01 is still there. It must have arrived sometime between February and Novemeber 2003.

I wonder what other aircraft are inside the TUDM school.

Geoff

A4 skyhawk...alloutte chopper(sory if wrong spelling)

Alouette :pardon:

last weekend I'm off to Ipoh, not for spotting actualy but cover an event. since that place close to the airport, spot lot of aircraft but there are too small for 200mm lense. :p

sorry for the quality, crop meeh :rofl:

hae.jpg

Edited by Ibrahim

got this bird at ipoh airspace this morning.about 9.00AM.i think it is qantas' a380.

p2220002.jpg

Edited by abdnaim

got this bird at ipoh airspace this morning.about 9.00AM.i think it is qantas' a380.

p2220002.jpg

how come ipoh airspace so blue haaaa...

got Qantas Dugong overfly ipoh haaaa....niceeeee.... :clapping:

A380 Capt: Ladies and gentleman, this is your Captain speaking. If you look out of your window, we are now flying above the constitutional-torn state in Malaysia. :finger:

Correct..belongs to IT&S for multi engine training

Flight to Ipoh?...better u wait for new airport :p ok2 joking :lol: actual rite now Ipoh operated as for GA..no airline visit

No more scheduled flights from Medan (MES) ?

i thought i saw a banner near the town center last year end. :pardon:

how come ipoh airspace so blue haaaa...

got Qantas Dugong overfly ipoh haaaa....niceeeee.... :clapping:

A380 Capt: Ladies and gentleman, this is your Captain speaking. If you look out of your window, we are now flying above the constitutional-torn state in Malaysia. :finger:

Haha....very interesting...or probably ladies and gentleman, we are flying above in Malaysia airspace, Perak where the state assembly man had a meeting underneath a tree...a big history tree...

still got..Riau airline operate it..with Pokker 50

but don't have any idea bout the pax load..

Update from IPOH,WMKI

20/07/2009

Singapore-Ipoh Arrival:1610 (FY3546)

Ipoh-Singapore Departure: 16:45 (FY3547)

DSC_0312.jpg

Check out load for check in luggage

DSC_0316.jpg

Bording time

DSC_0317.jpg

chock away..ready for taxi

DSC_0318.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPdlB_BsL0

------------------------------

22/07/2009

Splash day!!

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

Parking brake set..chocks on the way.."Cabin crew disarmed all doors thank you"

DSC_0330.jpg

Turun..Turun../(Pax disembark)

DSC_0331.jpg

No problem with Law enforcement officer *I think they are not aware what I'm doing that period* :D

DSC_0333.jpg

Royal Malaysia Police Air Unit

DSC_0334.jpg

Luggage from Singapore-Ipoh

DSC_0336.jpg

Luggage Ipoh-Singapore

DSC_0340.jpg

Bording..seems like full again..

hope will be like SIN-SZB(Transit)-IPH

DSC_0354.jpg

Inside Ipoh Terminal

Edited by Aiman

Aiman,,it is 9M-FYG??If true,,1st time I saw here..hehe..almost a month ++ with FY kan??

Nice pix Aiman,thx for sharing...

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani