MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

Mini-Mwings meet at ZRH

21 Nov. morning... minus 3 degrees.. sun is up... pick up TK from the hotel to greet Pieter flying in from AMS... not at the terminal, but at rnwy14! :

Pieter, look left! 2 Malaysians spotters at ZRH!

user posted image

Ayooo... look at the frozen bushes...

user posted image

Picked up Pieter at terminal, then went to the famous Heligrill:

Landing on 16... must have requested a shorter taxi.

user posted image

Takeoff 28, immediate left turn to "Gasometer"

user posted image

One of the 2 takeoffs from the short rnwy28 every morning by LX343s... half fuel for the relatively short flight to Cairo or Tel Aviv.

user posted image

To Dar Es Salaam

user posted image

to ATL

user posted image

to JFK

user posted image

and new in ZRH.. two ACs... one to Delhi and the other to Toronto!

user posted image

user posted image

Started to get very cloudy... visibility getting poor

user posted image

Then it started snowing... oh oh... nevermind, we went to the Buch Aviation Hobby shop... TK knows Zürich really well!

More coming from Pieter and TK! Special thanks to them for making the trip to ZRH.

Thanks for viewing. Some nice comments would make me warm again tongue.gif

Thanks Azman, for your hospitality wink.gif

It was great to meet you and TK, and to be shown around the Kloten airport, and, guys, believe me: it's one of the most spotter's friendliest airports in Europe - even photo-holes in the fence to put your lenses through...

That Heligrill spot is real nice, as it's at the crossing of 10-28 and 16-34...so, either way, without moving, you'll be "catching" the traffic (see the A340 picture: taking-off from 28, while an A330 is waiting for take-off at 16)...

Unfortunately my batteries died-down (due to the low-temperatures) after only 12 shots, but my shots taken were like the DH8, PC12, A340 and A330 anyhow: Thanks to TK, I was able to shoot some more on his camera: thanks a lot for this AND showing me "the dark side" biggrin.gif

Love the 2nd A319 picture just flaring for runway 14...rotating at Amsterdam's 36L was just 56 minutes prior to this and max. altitude was 39000 feet: breakfast ? just a muffin and drink - that's all...plus the famous SWISS chocolate for "desert".

Returnflight was on HB-IYZ, a RJ100: a much slower airplane as it shows here: 1.19 hours air-time and 30000 feet: dinner ? just a 48g Kitkat plus drink ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Thanks again, Azman and TK for having so much fun during this mini-MW meet and for putting me up: I really enjoyed it - great to meet you !!!

Waahhh sehhh man! Now MW got euroBranch some more smile.gif

Nice pics lah Azman! Love the A330 rotation shots! That wing flex is spectacular! And one of them even has a very nice wing-tip vortex!!

Pieter, TK when lah can we see your pictures?! smile.gif

Dedicated spotters braving the cold. Good job guys, hope you all had a great day.

You guys had a snowball fight later?

Pieter, beware of the dark side. Hope that Master Azman will protect you.

And yes, as Fitri said, group photos please.......

Edited by radzi

eh... we have cockpit shots, side shots, nose shots, night shots, bad lit shots but no snowy shots yet in Malaysianwings.

POST POST POST smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

It snowed quite heavily for about an hour and then it started to drizzle...wet.. so the snow did not stay on the ground this time. Wait laa.. when there is snow on the ground, I'll go and shoot a few pics. (looks like more snow is expected this weekend...)

TK told me that he went back to the same place the next day... gila.. (Pieter: crazy).. temp was just above zero, but at least no more snow. TK is driving MRB back today.

Zurich airport is very spotter friendly. If you look at the website, choose departures and then "masterflights", you will also get the regos...

http://www.zurich-airport.com/ZRH/default....te=1&sp=en&hp=1

Helligrill is spotter heaven - The grill is really a small cabin selling burgers/sausages and kebab so you will never get hungry, and yes it was open even on a quiet snowy Monday. Equivalent to having a gerai at the observation hill, I suppose. McDonalds drive-thru is also nearby.

TK is still in ZRH.

Checking out soon.

Just had breakfast.

9M-MRB is my ride home.

Cloudy outside...maybe snow as forecast!!!!

Thanks to Azman...brought us here and there. Too bad, weather turns out terrible with snow and rain...all wet!!!! Not too worry...Canon and Nikon are snow proof!!

Pieter, nice to meet you too....to all mwings member...he is not old!!!!

Sorry that your camera battery went to hibernation...D70 is available...hands on, shoot like crazy...i kept shouting "shoot"..."shoot"...to Pieter as he trying his best to put the Nikon right on the plane!!!!....by the way...he even got a Beacon light on the Delta 767!!!!

Thought of having lunch wit Azman on second day....nnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...............sunny but COLD freezing outside, i went back to Heliport....catch the Thai A340-600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i found out how to get there....with the train and a 10 minutes walk from the station...

At Glattbrug...take train S5 to Rumlang.

I found out about the train service as i was walking back from heliport.

I took a taxi to heliport from my hotel.

More pics coming after i get to the warm and haze KUL.

Azman, im afraid i have to leave ZRH to you...i will come back, with more Kicap Tamin...he he he he..

Pieter, may one day take a break to AMS...proper plan so that you are off too.

No sweat, T K, would be pleased to return the favor and show you around Schiphol; it's also a nice spotters-friendly airport but more extended as Zurich, due to the runways being far-apart ohmy.gif : from spotting-spot 24 to spotting-spot 36L (Polderbaan) it's about 13-14 kilometers !!!

Anyhow, please, drop me a line when planning a day-trip to AMS, and I'll take a day-off and show you around: this also counts for other M-W members, when visiting AMS (for spotting) !!!

Azman,

Thanks again for your hospitality: will see you on the 21st of January again for the "official" A.net meet at ZRH wink.gif

Gavin,

09.00am now and it's scheduled to depart at 12.50, so 3 hours 50 more to wait wink.gif

Magnifico.. Shot Realy Love all the Aircraft + Livery.. Nice must be hard damn cool went you guyz meet there biggrin.gif I want the group photo too... waiting for Pieter and TK pic tooo..

P.S : Pieter that KLM 737 Carry you kaaaa ???

Ibrahim,

NO, was not travelling on KLM this time, but on HB-IPT, an Airbus A319 of SWISS: see pictures 1 and 2, made by Azman smile.gif

Unfortunately, you cannot see me, as I was sitting at the 2nd window behind the emergency-exit on the left side (it's obscured by the wing in picture # 1)

Like was said before: my batteries on my Fuji S304 literally "froze" after only taking 12 shots: will see what I can do to include pictures later wink.gif

got back this morning...picture to come as i am busy for my sister's wedding tonight.

Flight was not smooth...11:37 hours...light to moderate turbulence over Black sea and Caspian sea...

wait till i edit some Pieter photos...he he he he..to come guys.

I am waiting here TK... wahhh got kenduri tonight.. sini tak dijemput kaaa.. Waiting for group photo too.. biggrin.gif

good morning, s#1t....jet lag!!!

Pieter and Azman, nice to meet both of you....good fun.. biggrin.gif

At the end of runway 16. Its getting dark with rain and it snowed earlier in the afternoon.

Good fun at Buch air shop...and the lunch, thanks Azman...

Pieter and Azman smile.gif

user posted image

dont care...snow ka...rain ka....sure boleh baaahhh.... laugh.gif

Pieter camera battery....when dead due to cold ZRH blink.gif huh.gif

well, at least i introduce him to NIKON...sorry Azman...he's on Canon.

Good stuff though of what we had at ZRH...spotting with cloudy overcast sky, and what a temperature to bare with wink.gif

its not sunny in ZRH cool.gif

sorry Pieter...i guess first time with Nikon...this happen!!

user posted image

But he got this perfect!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

user posted image

he he he he.....welcome to Nikon with Sigma Pieter..... laugh.gif

Planned to have lunch with Azman in the city...

But weather was better for lunch someplace else...he he hee he..

Its my 3rd day in ZRH and sun shines behind some puffy clouds.

But i had this... tongue.gif....BURP

user posted image

Pieter camera battery....when dead due to cold ZRH blink.gif  huh.gif

well, at least i introduce him to NIKON...sorry Azman...he's on Canon.

Good stuff though of what we had at ZRH...spotting with cloudy overcast sky, and what a temperature to bare with wink.gif

its not sunny in ZRH cool.gif

sorry Pieter...i guess first time with Nikon...this happen!!

user posted image

But he got this perfect!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

user posted image

he he he he.....welcome to Nikon with Sigma Pieter..... laugh.gif

17032[/snapback]

Baaaahhhh, TK, am amazed myself of the DL one ohmy.gif

Just look at the reddish glow on the undercarriage and engine-cowls !!!

Yep, really had to get used to the "fast" speed of the Nikon: just loved it after a few trials...the LX Airbus was one of my firsts, right ???

Thanks again for your help wink.gif

That Thai A340 shot is just fabulous: different weather conditions as well ...

the LX bus....second...first was perfect full frame!!! he he he he..

get a Nikon or Canon is your choice... biggrin.gif

more to come.. laugh.gif

Sign in to follow this