MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Subang Skypark Development Including New RM 1.5 Billion KTM Rail Link

I recall the terminal has already been demolished - or so I thought...as Wikipedia quotes:

Terminal 1

Currently, it serves turbo-prop planes and general aviation from Berjaya Air and Firefly.

Before KLIA, the terminal handles all international flights out from the airport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_Abdul_Aziz_Shah_Airport

Anyone can clarify this?

YJ. Terminal 1 is demolised a few years ago

Terminal 3 is the terminal serving the turboprop flights.

Wikipedia is not a 100% reliable source for info. as anyone can write anything on it.

Edited by S V Choong

YJ. Terminal 1 is demolised a few years ago

Terminal 3 is the terminal serving the turboprop flights.

Wikipedia is not a 100% reliable source for info. as anyone can write anything on it.

It has been added by someone just recently, so I have reverted his/her edit as the information is wrong.

Does anyone know when were the T1 and T2 demolished?

only T1 got demolished....MAHB and immigration occupy T2 building...

payrol....SZB punya drawing u got or not?? forgot to asked la that day... :sorry:

i have the drawing..autocad..pdf..hardcopy..u name it..i'll give it..

What happened to the area, i haven't been there for years. The last time i went there, it was just a cleared piece of land.

Still the same. No difference...

I heard that there are plans to convert the site to a huge MRO complex. Howz the progress on site?

I hope u understand the term "Malaysian Planning!" :p Figure that one out... LOL!!!

What happened to the area, i haven't been there for years. The last time i went there, it was just a cleared piece of land. I heard that there are plans to convert the site to a huge MRO complex. Howz the progress on site?

The site, on Red Arrows show-day, 29/11/07.

img7316rb3.jpg

yeap..were the rmaf the one responsible for the terminal 1 demolishing?guess no one expected subang to ever be used again after KLIA opened..a waste really to demolish a working building like that..

yeap..were the rmaf the one responsible for the terminal 1 demolishing?guess no one expected subang to ever be used again after KLIA opened..a waste really to demolish a working building like that..

I think its an attempt to make sure SZB will never be used again to replace KLIA. my 2 cents

i have the drawing..autocad..pdf..hardcopy..u name it..i'll give it..

Fairul, do you mind sending me an AutoCAD copy of Subang? Cheers. :D

RMAF is not the responsible party to demolish. For historic matters is good to maintain the terminal, however talking about restoring and maintenance the terminal will cost lot of $$ at which somebody (smart fellow what they call in Economic planning unit or the little napoleon) said shall be demolished :angry: .

Even during SZB still operating (terminal 1 still there) near the tank area, developer are already doing some earth work for bungalow units.

From what I heard some friends in RMAF in Sg.Besi, to operated Jets is those area is not advisable, since rich people living in the nice bungalow will complaint of high dB noise from jet engine. I wonder how transmile operate over there....no complain :unknw: ?

RMAF is not the responsible party to demolish. For historic matters is good to maintain the terminal, however talking about restoring and maintenance the terminal will cost lot of $$ at which somebody (smart fellow what they call in Economic planning unit or the little napoleon) said shall be demolished :angry: .

If they had senses, they should have at least left the iconic control tower alone.

If they had senses, they should have at least left the iconic control tower alone.

So is there a new control tower for SZB?

And for what they demolished it?? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I am not sure whether this topic has been posted in this forum. If yes, this is just a refresher to MW.

Wednesday December 5, 2007

Subang to become hub for corporate jets

By DERRICK VINESH

derrickvinesh@thestar.com.my

LANGKAWI: Malaysians can expect a “very busy Subang airport” with a RM300mil injection to transform Terminal 3 into Asean’s biggest hub for corporate jets.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said the Subang SkyPark, which would be completed by 2010, would “turn Kuala Lumpur into an internationally recognised general aviation hub.”

The 20-year-old Subang airport had excellent runway and facilities, he said in an interview yesterday.

Initially, 20 local aviation companies would take part and were expected to generate spill over benefits in logistics as well as in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facilities, he said.

b_05skypark.jpg

From left: Datuk Ravindran Menon, Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy and Vistajet Holding AG Thomas Flohr looking at a model of the Subang SkyPark

The hub was part of the Malaysian International Aerospace Centre blueprint that was launched in August 2005, Chan said.

He said Firefly and Berjaya Air would continue using Terminal 1 while Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd’s (MAHB) corporate headquarters would remain at Terminal 2.

Earlier, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak witnessed a signing ceremony for the Subang hub between MAHB and Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd.

Subang SkyPark executive director Datuk Ravindran Menon said the development of Terminal 3 would see three key thrusts in the next three years.

“We will initially spend RM30mil to upgrade infrastructure and five-star fixed base operation facilities by March.

“We will also invest RM180mil in a commercial nexus, which will include a commercial and tourism-centric leisure destination.

“Later, we will develop dedicated hangars, as well as a regional aviation centre with MRO facilities costing about RM100mil,” he said.

*Yawn* and then you'll see "Subang to become new LCCT Hub for Asia"

Edited by Adrian M

This is the press release from VistaJet :http://www.vistajet.com/press.php?news=14#newsVistaJet air charter services to operate from SkyPark SubangVistaJet Holding SA Signs MoU With Subang SkyPark Sdn BhdLIMA, PULAU LANGKAWI --- To kickstart the hustle and bustle of SkyPark Subang, VistaJet Holding SA today signed a MoU with concepteur, developer, manager and operator Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd for the provision of charter air services at SkyPark Subang.VistaJet will offer a Bombardier Challenger 605 and a Challenger 604 for charter from SkyPark Subang by end December or early next year.VistaJet is one of the most successful international companies offering private jet charter, aircraft operations and management, aircraft financing and brokerage services.The company is the fastest growing private jet company with over 500 passengers and at least 300 flights per month.Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak and Minister of Transport Datuk Sri Chan Kong Choy witnessed the signing of the agreement.Signing for Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd were Director Puan Aisamar Kadil Mydin Syed Marikiah and Executive Director Datuk Ravindran Menon, while signing for VistaJet Holding SA were its Chairman Mr Thomas Flohr and its Group CEO Mr Bing Chen.VistaJet, the Swiss-headquartered VVIP charter company with operations in Europe and now in Asia in SkyPark Subang, has recently ordered three Airbus Corporate Jetliners (ACJs) to add to its cumulative fleet of 31 whose average aircraft service is less than two years.Operating from SkyPark Subang, VistaJet will offer a more economical and logical choice for subscribers of chartered air services.“Subscribers in Malaysia can charter these aircrafts out of SkyPark Subang without having to incurr extra fuel costs and service charges from repositioning aircrafts from distant countries and returning them back to their base,” said VistaJet Holding SA Chairman Mr Thomas Flohr.“VistaJet offers services with premium jets – Learjet, Challenger and soon Global Express and ACJ 319 – to any destination of your desire, making your charter flights more worthwhile than ever before,” added Mr Flohr.Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd had earlier Tuesday signed with Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad, a 59-year lease on Subang Terminal 3 to redevelop it into SkyPark Subang, a general and corporate aviation hub.“SkyPark Subang is expected to attract global Fixed Base Operation (FBOs) and Maintenance, Repair and OverHaul (MRO) operators to Malaysia in a big way given the proliferation of corporate and private aircraft, and the requirement for such services,” added Subank SkyPsrk Executive Director Datuk Menon.NEWS RELEASE prepared and issued on behalf of Subang SkyPark Sdn Bhd by public relations consulting firm Ghazalie Rafeah Ali & Associates Sdn Bhd. For more information, please contact Ghazalie Abdullah at 03 76609950 or 012 2121090.ABOUT VISTAJET HOLDING SAVistaJet is the fastest growing private jet company with over 500 passengers and at least 300 flights per month. The company is one of the most successful companies offering private jet charter, aircraft operations and management, aircraft financing and brokerage services. It also offers aircraft sales and aircraft trading. VistaJet offers services with premium jets – Learjet, Challenger and soon Global Express and ACJ 319 – to any destination of your desire, making your charter flights more worthwhile than ever before. With the acquisition of three Airbus ACJs, VistaJet will expand its fleet to a total of 31 aircraft, including those on order. The Airbus ACJs will become VistaJet’s flagship aircraft, with all having the same highest standards of configuration and services, and will all be offered for charter through its innovative concept. The VistaJet fleet has an average service of less than two years.ABOUT SUBANG SKYPARK SDN BHDSubang Skypark Sdn Bhd is a concepteur, developer, manager and operator of general and corporate aviation hubs for the region. The proponents of the company have extensive experience in the rail and aviation infrastructure business. SkyPark Subang represents the company’s initiative in transforming the present Subang airport terminal into an aviation and lifestyle destination. SkyPark Subang will feature an Air Terminal, Hangarage Complex, FBO and MRO facilities, and a Commercial Nexus. The aim is to create a trend-setting destination that is tourism lifestyle-centric and a distinction for today’s discerning travellers and consumers alike.skypark-sign_small.jpgskypark-sign2_small.jpgAnd this is the artist impression what Terminal 3 will looks like:skypark-entrance.jpgAnother view from the inside where all flights for Berjaya Air and Firefly departs and also for annual Kuala Lumpur Air Carnival. Hehehehe...skypark-airside.jpg

Not for any average Joe...

Oh man, I forgot to delete the previous post. Looks wierd. Actually just want to show the image. Could somebody help me?? M new to the 'forum' technology..