MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

Hazy 14L & Sg Pelek adventure

It was a state holiday for Selangor. With SMS and PM from MWingers in the morning, reports indicated it would be another hazy day not so good for spotting.

What would I do on a hazy holiday? Stay indoor and edit some hazy photos took last Thursday (5 Oct) when I was on leave.

Initially, I thought of having these hazy shots archived in CDR and stayed there for good. With the extra holiday (Sorry for those needs to work today) here are some photos to share. Do not expect extra blue sky or anything special, just some ordinary Thursday traffic.

Reached Oscar Hotel entrance at around 9:40AM. Waited for Andrew Yong awhile to collect some books from him. Thanks again Andrew. :drinks: Some slight haze but the sun was up.

IPB Image

Hibi's turn in good light :good:

IPB Image

Haze slowly creeping in when you start enjoying :angry:

IPB Image

Many of you still remember Mr. Saw? I met him in Oscar Hotel last month during our bunch of jokers from SIN came spotting. He was in OH as well since 9AM. OH Manager was there too busy working at the far end near 32R. :p

IPB Image

Aiyoh! Haze, go away can or not? :huh:

IPB Image

Nah! I would rather stay on and help the health industry to make more money ;)

IPB Image

More to come later....

Hey Chaity,

Although weather was Hazy, Shots are still awesome..

I like the shot of Romeo Charlie and Papa bravo.. :good:

Good Stuff man..

Some awesome 'special effect' shots there, Chaity: keep them comin' :good:

Nice shots. Can't wait for my firs KUL spotting this November (11th NOV).

Azuddin

Chaity, good photos there with slight haze... compare to yesterday... it was much much better.... perfect catch of the hibby and the tripple :good:

btw, i heard thunder around my area.... clear thursday tomorrow?.... who knows..... <_>

Thanks for the comments guys. Coming photos wouldn't be that clear lor.

Before that, let's follow my adventure to Sungai Pelek town. :)

"OK! OK! We will leave. “Said Mr. Saw to the haze. Both of us left OH and head for a place I have never been, Sungai Pelek. The place is about 20km away from KLIA. I followed the directions given by him while he took a short cut with his bike via a private estate to reach our meeting point, Sungai Pelek Police Station.

IPB Image

First, we went to a mamak place not far away from the police station. We had coffee for starter. Couldn't imagine the price per glass is only 50 sen. Rested for about 10 minutes, we went in 1 car to another place for main course, special Chinese Rojak Curry mee. Non halal one but tasted OK. Again, only RM2.50 comparing to RM3.30 in KL.

On our way back to take his bike, Mr. Saw asked me to stop at another place. Teh tarik for dessert before I head back to KLIA. Wow! 3 different stalls within an hour.

IPB Image

On the way back, I stopped by the pond area near 14L. Saw these local TV station crews filming the hazy condition.

IPB Image

Here's how the weather looks like at 1325. Imaging I could shoot the sun in the afternoon without any special filter. The haze actually provided enough filter. Now I see the haze has got some good use too.

IPB Image

At about 1340, Leech's office zooming past. If you notice, it is the same aircraft VictorCharlie departed at 1100 earlier.

IPB Image

Capt Radzi also bring his office back

IPB Image

Some more hazy photos tomorrow. B)

Sungai Pelek. The place is about 20km away from KLIA. I followed the directions given by him while he took a short cut with his bike via a private estate to reach our meeting point, Sungai Pelek Police Station.

IPB Image

Nice place to live, Chaity, and be able to go spotting by bike to Oscar Hotel (short-cut is

Nice place to live, Chaity, and be able to go spotting by bike to Oscar Hotel (short-cut is

Like most towns here in Malaysia, quiet and less traffic.

I forgot to mention, he is riding a motobike .

Short cut should be less than 20km but he took extra 5 minutes to reach our meeting point. :p

I don't have any outstanding summons, so meeting in front of police station is fine/OK for me. :lol:

Like most towns here in Malaysia, quiet and less traffic.

I forgot to mention, he is riding a motobike .

Short cut should be less than 20km but he took extra 5 minutes to reach our meeting point. :p

I don't have any outstanding summons, so meeting in front of police station is fine/OK for me. :lol:

Chaity, if you look closely most of the vehicles in Sungai Pelek use number plates starting with 'N' although the town is in Selangor.

Chaity, if you look closely most of the vehicles in Sungai Pelek use number plates starting with 'N' although the town is in Selangor.

Thanks for pointing it out, Maarof.

I guess my car plate starting with 'B' would be a bit out of place in this town. :D

BTW, any idea how far/near this town is away from N9 ?

Nice shots. Can't wait for my firs KUL spotting this November (11th NOV).

Azuddin

You are a lucky man Azuddin, I'm flying out of KLIA that day :good: Can spot me? :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

after going see-ing those pic. it remind me that i've been to that place on the way to bagan lalang beach... :D didn't know there's some nice food there too....

Thanks for pointing it out, Maarof.

I guess my car plate starting with 'B' would be a bit out of place in this town. :D

BTW, any idea how far/near this town is away from N9 ?

Well, SP is 9.2 km from Sepang Town and Sepang Town is just meters away/near the N9 border. Btw both SP and Sepang are nearer to the N9 towns of PD, Nilai and Seremban as compared to the Selangor towns/cities of Klang, PJ or Shah Alam. So its natural that folks from the two towns prefer to buy and register their cars and bikes in N9. And they don't have to endure traffic jams to do that, hee hee.

Well, SP is 9.2 km from Sepang Town and Sepang Town is just meters away/near the N9 border. Btw both SP and Sepang are nearer to the N9 towns of PD, Nilai and Seremban as compared to the Selangor towns/cities of Klang, PJ or Shah Alam. So its natural that folks from the two towns prefer to buy and register their cars and bikes in N9. And they don't have to endure traffic jams to do that, hee hee.

Wow! That is so near to N9.

Will it be easier for KL people to go to PD using the Sepang way ? :help:

Kevin Teh, there is a beach not far away from SP. Remember seeing Bagan Lalang on the signboard.

Here's the final bunch of hazy/artistic photos. :p

As a comparison, both photos taken at noon. First one Oct 06 and second one Feb 06.

IPB Image

IPB Image

"Mary Poppins" and friends walking past the pond area. Too hazy to fly ? :rofl:

IPB Image

A lot more birds flying past the pond.

IPB Image

Hanging around the area until City of Tokyo with funny nose passing by.

IPB Image

Thursday usual arrival of Yemenia at 3PM.

IPB Image

Time to say bye-bye and wish to capture some rare birds soon.

love the KLM, even in the hazy conditions, it still looks good!

That KLM and Yemenia flight literally follow one another onwards to Jakarta! :) And both always look extremely light for the journey.

love the KLM, even in the hazy conditions, it still looks good!

Yeah~!!!! THe Only Aircraft that Visible From My Sight in The Bad Hazy Condition here in PD... Notice that some Aircraft Fly lower than normal day....

Nice Stuff.. There Mr.Chaity. :blink: :good:

Just realised a very good friend of mine is from the little town of Sg. Pelek! I believe he lived on "Main St." or his family is there still anyways. Lovely little town, just beyond it you've got "Lake District - Sepang" and beyond that you've got the old fishing village of Tg. Sepat! A GREAT place to get VERY reasonably priced and FRESH seafood :) "Restoran Ocen!", yes, without the "a" :)

Just realised a very good friend of mine is from the little town of Sg. Pelek! I believe he lived on "Main St." or his family is there still anyways. Lovely little town, just beyond it you've got "Lake District - Sepang" and beyond that you've got the old fishing village of Tg. Sepat! A GREAT place to get VERY reasonably priced and FRESH seafood :) "Restoran Ocen!", yes, without the "a" :)

Yummy...shall we make an outing there after spotting one day guys? :yahoo:

Yummy...shall we make an outing there after spotting one day guys? :yahoo:

Chinese restaurant la wei... I don't think halal... :sorry: but there must be one around! we will find!

Edited by Sandeep G