MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

New LCC terminal proposed at KLIA

I believe the construction for the LCC terminal has started..and the contractor's name is quite funny...it starts with the word Fajar... maybe Fajar Holdings or Fajar Berhad..not that sure..

Guest Fendy

from what i gather, it will be next to the kompleks bunga raya. but i may be confused. :p

from what i gather, it will be next to the kompleks bunga raya. but i may be confused. :p

461[/snapback]

Regurgitating for the millionth time - the LCC terminal will be located next to the KLAS cargo terminal, near the threshold of the 32R runway. A bit of apron is already there, will prob. be extended. Construction - maybe groundwork - was reported to have commenced - maybe you guys can report on progress from the observation hill.

Regurgitating for the millionth time - the LCC terminal will be located next to the KLAS cargo terminal, near the threshold of the 32R runway. A bit of apron is already there, will prob. be extended. Construction - maybe groundwork - was reported to have commenced - maybe you guys can report on progress from the observation hill.

475[/snapback]

chill la bro . don't emo . some of us got some sort of memory problems man .. slowly but surely getting old. . :) .. take it easy .. cheers .

Guest Fendy
the LCC terminal will be located next to the KLAS cargo terminal, near the threshold of the 32R runway.

475[/snapback]

sorry. i stand corrected.

that would be a wonderful spot .. if only they had a parking lot or some sort near there ... or somewhere we could go to ... that would be great as we could get shots of aircrafts holding short ... oooh awesome ..

that would be a wonderful spot .. if only they had a parking lot or some sort near there ... or somewhere we could go to ... that would be great as we could get shots of aircrafts holding short ... oooh awesome ..

481[/snapback]

Of course there will be parking spots when the terminal is ready.

chill la bro . don't emo . some of us got some sort of memory problems man .. slowly but surely getting old. . :) .. take it easy .. cheers .

477[/snapback]

I'm interested to know how you determine if one is "emo." given teh lack of emoticons or a face-to-face. Font-size, perhaps?

Guest Fendy
I'm interested to know how you determine if one is "emo." given teh lack of emoticons or a face-to-face. Font-size, perhaps?

484[/snapback]

mushrif, gavin, please calm down. it was a misunderstanding.

mushrif - from your choice of words, it seems like you were fustrated about me getting the info wrong, and i apologise for that.

please, lets try to keep the topic on track here.

484[/snapback]

A person can determine if somebody is 'emo' in a variety of ways. One of which is by their style of writing/typing and use of words. Either way...it was a simple misunderstanding...no harm to anybody.

Warm, warmer...

By the way, what sort of transit will be constructed to transfer pax from full service to low cost? Since it's a satelite building...

489[/snapback]

Warmest....

Btw, it is not meant to be a satellite building but a standalone building with its own facilities, departure and arrival. Remember, LCC's operate point-to-point. Pax will have to drive all the way around rwy 32R to get to the terminal. However, it has been mentioned that there will be a transportation system linking the LCC terminal and the MTB, although I believe this will be landside as opposed to airside.

The intro. of this terminal will free up some space at the MTB and possibly delay the construction of the second satellite building. Year 2008 has been bandied around for the construction to commence but no firm dates really. I reckon AK & associates contribute some 3-4 million pax/yr within the present infra at KLIA, so this will be freed-up capacity in 2006.

mushrif, gavin, please calm down. it was a misunderstanding.

mushrif - from your choice of words, it seems like you were fustrated about me getting the info wrong, and i apologise for that.

please, lets try to keep the topic on track here.

487[/snapback]

Gavin, Fendy et al...don't panic. There was and is no understanding per se.

I was just pulling your legs, testing the level of "up-tight-ness" of the "fun" crew. You may breathe easy now. :p

[so, now don't start unilaterally changing my posts or I'll suggest we nominate a 3rd, 4th and 5th co-administrators.. :) ]

Pardon me for that interlude, ...back to topic.

You know what, not many people - aka general population - are aware of the ringroad next to the two rwys at KLIA. If people need to drive around rwy 32R/14L to get to the LCC terminal, I'm sure quite a few would venture and proceed further to the service areas and around to the other side. I reckon you'll end up having an increased number of casual spotters, on the observation hill and at threshold of rwy 32L.

that road is for authorised personnel only .. there's a big signboard there

500[/snapback]

But of course....and I supposed spotters snapping actions on rwy 14R/32L are all either authorised to drive through or parachuted down to circumnavigate that annoying sign.

Guest Fendy

mushrif is right. the sign is only on one side. and i guess its just to intimidate you. plenty of people go there all the time. even cops or MAB dont say anything when they spot people there.

Do Cops jointly patrol the airport along with the MAB security officers? I've never seen them inside the perimeter before.

In Dubai...we have them patrolling inside the perimeter. I think they also do that in Singapore.

how i wish one day when MAB renovates certain areas inside any terminal to cater for open air viewing area.

Is it possible to approach them with such a request? I mean...we could probably have a discussion with their representatives...highlight the benefits to the airport of having an open air observation deck or something.... :D

Is it possible to approach them with such a request? I mean...we could probably have a discussion with their representatives...highlight the benefits to the airport of having an open air observation deck or something.... :D

577[/snapback]

Why not: I know of discussions between spotters at AMS and ZRH, just to name 2 airports here in EU, and look...............both airports have one of the best viewing terraces available :rolleyes: AMS is free and ZRH has an entrance-fee plus metal-detector before entering, but who cares, better be safe; with a small entrance-fee MAB can even have some extra income B)

They banned people from the "Observation Hill" .... :angry:

Will they "agree" to this??? B)

Look like we've to try it out, don't we?? ;)

--

Sign in to follow this