MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Airline foods

After the little excitement we had about airline logos, what about the chows they feed us on-board? IPB Image

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

Frankly I'm not too crazy about MH economy cuisine. Prolly they spent everything on the first and biz feasts (see the adverts on Astro, for e.g.).

And what about AK's grubs?

http://www.airlinemeals.net/meals/AirAsia.html

IPB Image

Never tried them.

.ny

Once i flew on Air India, the meal was nice. they serve biryani. man i can't tell you that the biryani is so much. it's like a meal for 2 in MH.

I like CO meal in Y class. when i flew on LAX-IAH route, they serve snack tray which has:

-1 Apple

-some grapes

-1 bag of Doritos/ Lays chip (you may request)

-1 hot pocket bread with hot cheese filling

-1 can of soft drink

great snack, i haven't eat anything that day after i arrived at LAX.

CO first class meal also good. I got a bowl of cream of mushroom and there's an option either i want seafood salad or chicken lasagnia. but i took the salad.

Azuddin

Mas cattle class food out from KLIA is means for cattle. Since last year, I have brought my own food for the journey, a simple take away sandwich or fried chicken is better than their meal especially the very fishy butter fish.

Mas 'C' class main course meal is similar to 'Y' class except bigger portion, served on proper plate and cutlery and additional starter.

MAS food out of anywhere is bloody nice, prolly some of the best airline food, if not the best i've ever had! I don't know what you guys don't like about it!

After the little excitement we had about airline logos, what about the chows they feed us on-board? IPB Image

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

Have a look at www.airlinemeals.net/meals/AirBerlin.html and you'll know why this is my favourite airline for "short" European stretches...

Long-haul my preferred carriers are CX, SQ and MH....how come they're all Asian ??...

Naim,

Tried a few times the AK "snack attack": their "pedas" sandwiches are really nice ;)

MAS is simply great........AF is awesome especially long haul. But I most prefer BA chicago to LHR run..............................tasty

Once i flew on Air India, the meal was nice. they serve biryani. man i can't tell you that the biryani is so much. it's like a meal for 2 in MH.

Fly economy domestic India and you will most likely get 2 choices: chicken/lamb briyani or veg. If you are a carnivore, the briyani is heaven! ^_^

.ny

MAS food out of anywhere is bloody nice, prolly some of the best airline food, if not the best i've ever had! I don't know what you guys don't like about it!

Nice, compared to other airlines, probably.

Definitely nice compared to nothing.

Nice, if you don't compare to "the real thing". (Do you prefer nasi lemak daun pisang or the onboard nasi lemak?)

Nice, if you don't have to eat it 20 days a month <_>

I won't invest on a stall owner who use to work with catering....

Edited by Radzi

Nice, compared to other airlines, probably.

Definitely nice compared to nothing.

Nice, if you don't compare to "the real thing". (Do you prefer nasi lemak daun pisang or the onboard nasi lemak?)

Nice, if you don't have to eat it 20 days a month <_>

I won't invest on a stall owner who use to work with catering....

Come on Radzi, MH has the best nasi lemak on the sky. It tastes even better than some of the road side stalls that I went to. Or Maybe I went to the wrong road side stall? <_>

Nasi Lemak tepi jalan is always tasty.................love satay kajang too

this reply made by Z

'MH has the best nasi lemak on the sky.'

May be Mas is the only airline serving nasi lemak for breakfast all year round. Anyone cooking nasi lemak with Thai fragrant rice (e.g. Sun white) can't go wrong.

Believe most crews and frequent flyers would agree Mas food is boring, bland and unappetizing.

Fly economy domestic India and you will most likely get 2 choices: chicken/lamb briyani or veg. If you are a carnivore, the briyani is heaven! ^_^

.ny

you got that right. i flew on air india for JFK-LHR route, i requested halal meal, we got halal chicken. they like 1/8 of the chicken :o .

Azuddin

I have tasted MH nasi lemak, and countless others sold by roadside stalls, and fancy restaurants. A good nasi lemak depends on many factors from the many different ingredients that go to the dish. The rice and coconut milk mix must be correct i.e. the coconut milk should be the first generation extraction (not the watered type in which the coconut has been squeezed many, many times) Then the anchovies should be crunchy while being relatively soft, not hard like MH's . Then the sambal, depending on one's palate, should have the right pedas factor, and taste. Also cucumbers must be carefully selected as some have a very bitter taste. Other options like rendang should be how rendang should taste. Different cooks may cook it differently, but the flavours that make a rendang dish, a rendang dish (like serai or lemon grass etc), must stand out.

Sadly many of today's cooking has deviated from the traditional recipes. Coconut milk gets substituted with milk, chefs experimenting with fusion foods etc.

Sadly many of today's cooking has deviated from the traditional recipes. Coconut milk gets substituted with milk, chefs experimenting with fusion foods etc.

your'e right rozhan, today nasi lemak is not like five to ten years back. the are verity and look today. some nasi lemak now comes with multicolored rice. once, i got a very bitter cucumber in a nasi lemak that i bought here in malacca. i also notice that some stall uses "boxed santan", it's not original and taste different. some shop in kemaman put in "kang-kong". actually kang kong in nasi lemak is not that bad, only looks weird. they also put in "ikan goreng kunyit" which is akward to me.

Azuddin

your'e right rozhan, today nasi lemak is not like five to ten years back. the are verity and look today. some nasi lemak now comes with multicolored rice. once, i got a very bitter cucumber in a nasi lemak that i bought here in malacca. i also notice that some stall uses "boxed santan", it's not original and taste different. some shop in kemaman put in "kang-kong". actually kang kong in nasi lemak is not that bad, only looks weird. they also put in "ikan goreng kunyit" which is akward to me.

Azuddin

Some nasi lemak beside highways are always express............which is GOOD TO GO

Too much Nasi Lemak will be High Cholestrol yah...... :lol: As a pilot, cannot help but to advice that food intake is important for your annual medical check. High cholestrol can lead to stroke and other heart diesease like attack and high blood pressure.

But, I still eat lah...in moderation. Eat, sleep, smoke.....be whatever it is......do in moderation and reasonable quantity.

well after my medication from viral infestion last month, i got low blood preasure. and i'm start to look pale. my doctor advice me to take some heavy meal. maybe more nasi lemak can be good to get the blood higher.

Azuddin

Mas from KLIA is one of the few if not the only airline that is serving adulterated (ie sweeten) orange juice.

Wonder how they qualify themselves to have the best cabin service? May be Malaysians have cheap taste.

I believe iceman's opinion is just an individual and harmless statement to make. Anyway, for your info SQ also serve the same kind of Orange Juice. (OJ) And I believe a lot more other airline does the same. Then a lot of people in supermarket also got bad tastes. Or could it be just one person's bad taste? Remember one man's food is another man's poison.

Best cabin services is not won on giving 'sweetened OJ' my dear friend.

Last but not least, sometimes I think we should think and process before we say something. Iceman, you get it?

Mas from KLIA is one of the few if not the only airline that is serving adulterated (ie sweeten) orange juice.

Wonder how they qualify themselves to have the best cabin service? May be Malaysians have cheap taste.

Adding sugar to orange juice actually increases its cost...so how can Malaysians have cheap taste if they like sweetened O/J?

Simple math/grammar la my friend... :)

Btw...i think its about time you change your nickname to that of your Real Name as stated in the Terms and Conditions of the website. Please notify one of the moderators or the administrator directly for the change to be done. Danke... :)

Edited by Imran K.

hey, i think those orange juice are nice. i really enjoy it chilled while watching the cloud or when sitting in business class while waiting for the c and y class to be filled.

one of my uncle who previously work at MH catering told me that some of the orange juice may be a bit bitter because of being chilled for a long period. i don't care how long it's been chilled but the bitter taste makes it good. now i always chilled my orange juice for a day or two before opening it just trying to get the same taste as the in-flight orange juice :D .

Azuddin

I saw a flight attendent holding a carton of 'Joy' orange juice while preparing drinks at the galley.

Sign in to follow this