MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

2013 Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition, Langkawi, Malaysia

Tweet from LIMA Langkawi 2013

LIMA Langkawi 2013 ‏ @_LIMA2013

FYI guys, LIMA'13 will be held on 26th -30th March 2013 in Langkawi. We're moving away from our traditional LIMA dates (December)

Edited by xtemujin

It's 11 months more but the memory of the previous one still fresh in my mind.

Lima 2013 Is Expected To Break Records

KUALA LUMPUR, July 16 (Bernama) -- The 12th edition of the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (Lima) to held in March, next year, is expected to surpass its record attendance of more than 400 companies and about 150,000 visitors last year.

Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said today, with barely nine months to Lima 2013, more than 60 per cent of the floor space had been sold, with organisers forecasting a 10 per cent growth in overall space sales.

Last year's edition generated approximately RM150 million in tourist receipts for the country, he said.

"Lima is continuing with its drive to give more value to its participants with the new tag-line, 'Delivering Asian Markets', and encompasses our overall strategy to provide an effective and relevant platform in a region widely considered to be the world's leading growth area for aerospace and maritime," he added.

Ahmad Zahid was speaking at a press conference after witnessing the signing of participation agreements between show organiser, HW LIMA Exhibitions, and the countries' flagship aerospace and maritime companies, National Aerospace Defence Industries (Nadi) and Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation, respectively here.

Flee: I booked yesterday the AK tickets to Langkawi, arriving there 27 March. Are there demo flights on all days of the Exhibition? Thks

Vu Loc,

Based on previous LIMAs, there should be a flying programme every day of the show.

I have also booked my tickets (on FY) and will be there 25-28 March.

LANGKAWI: The Langkawi Interna­tional Maritime and Aerospace (Lima) exhibition, usually held in December, will be held in March next year to avoid the holiday season.

Langkawi Development Authority (Lada) deputy chief executive officer Hanaffi Ahmad said the Defence Ministry had decided on the reschedule.

Hanaffi said Lada had noted the setbacks from previous Lima events, such as the lack of hotel rooms, at the end of the year.

He added that the decision was also to ensure more international events were spread out throughout the year on the island.-staronline

Hey guys,

do anybody have some informations regarding the participants of LIMA '13?

Cheers.

Sascha

Hmmmmmm, nothing known, yet?

Smoky bandits, Su-30, F-18?

I believe that the RMAF EC725 will be showcased at the 2013 LIMA.

I'm also 50/ 50 about going down to the 2013 LIMA as no news yet about what aircrafts are coming down.

Cheers.

Not sure either the incoming general election will have any impact on the event, directly or indirectly or not.

My best guess that GE13 would be held during school holidays in Mar, which is co-incide with LIMA. I am not sure this event will be as good as before .......

:hi:

Good morning guys,

some news? Me and some friends planning to visit the LIMA, if the programme will be worthwhile. Every info regarding the participants would be helpful to find a decision, to book a flight or not. ;-)

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Cheers!

Sascha

Edited by Sascha

Hello,

first update:

Eurofighter, daily flying display!

source: www.baesystems.com

Cheers!

Edited by Sascha

LIMA 2013 Opens Regional Business Opportunities

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 8 (Bernama) -- The Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition 2013 (LIMA 2013) scheduled for March 26 to 30 in Langkawi will be the best platform to open regional business opportunities, Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said.

He also expressed confidence that organising of LIMA would become the entry point for regional defence and commercial market in the future.

"It is also the best opportunity for LIMA to uplift the status of organising the national event as ASEAN, and Asia in general, are the high growth area for the world's maritime and aerospace sector," he said after witnessing the presentation of mock cheques from sponsors of LIMA 2013 here Tuesday.

Ahmad Zahid said this year's exhibition would also provide job opportunities and trainings in maritime and aerospace industry for the local people.

"A career fair will also be held during LIMA 2013 to expose university students to job prospects in maritime and aerospace industry," he said.

-- BERNAMA

Source: http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=920259&lang=en

From Dzirhan Mahadzir tweet.

Langkawi Airshow 2013 a/c list incl RAAF Wedgetail, RAF Typhoon, RTAF Gripen, USAF F-16, Rafale, USN Superhornet, USAF C-17

A400M is listed as tentative for Langkawi Airshow 2013

Guys just to check normally the aircraft would arrive a day earlier?

Great news! And RMAF like 09 and 11? Susi's and MiG's?