MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

AirAsia, AirAsia X fined for advertising misleading ticket prices

It's rather interesting that for the past two days I read a couple of letters bashing MAVCOM (one from a pilot, obviously an AirAsia guy) and calling for its disbandment, and then this shows up.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2018/12/04/airasia-airasia-x-fined-for-advertising-misleading-ticket-prices/

Rm160K fine for each airline is like peanut to them. However, theyve been known for misleading public since the beginning.

It may be peanuts, but the publicity will not be good for them, at least in the short term.

People are already commenting about how they force additional charges if you use non-AirAsia/Big branded cards to pay. That may be the next thing that they will get hit with.

It's just a penalty for past practice. Nothing mention on hefty penalty should be practice remains.

It may be peanuts, but the publicity will not be good for them, at least in the short term.

People are already commenting about how they force additional charges if you use non-AirAsia/Big branded cards to pay. That may be the next thing that they will get hit with.

They’re not too concerned and you shouldn’t either coz people keep flying with them despite being cheated so many times. I’ve seen this too many times myself. People maki nonstop and then fly with them again. Usually those cheap customers make the loudest noise.

They’re not too concerned and you shouldn’t either coz people keep flying with them despite being cheated so many times. I’ve seen this too many times myself. People maki nonstop and then fly with them again. Usually those cheap customers make the loudest noise.

Actually, if you are savvy and make your bookings carefully, you will know what you need to pay. You can still abandon your booking by not proceeding to the payment stage - your booking will be held for a few hours pending payment. After that, they will cancel it if payment is not received.

Yes, I note that a lot of people making the loudest noises don't even fly with them, and never made any booking enquiries either!

Edited by flee

Well some people would, but not me. I won't fly them even if my brother in law gives me his staff ticket!

Well some people would, but not me. I won't fly them even if my brother in law gives me his staff ticket!

Well, I’ve flown all MH/OD/AK. Honestly, I don’t find MH particularly good. Their food is a nightmare and they have many rude staffs also. I really think they should learn from SQ (no offence). I like OD’s legroom. Feel so spacious. But always last minute cancel or merge flight. AK always delays. But they got so many frequencies and options.

Last weekend I needed to book a last minute ticket from KL-Singapore and again had issues with Malindo's website and app which annoyed me so much that I used MH. It's seemed that for many flights when you goto the final stage the app and site informed that the price has changed (approx RM50) possibly due to fx fluctuations etc. Not sure if its a simple tech error or a deliberate attempt to get more revenue.

Sign in to follow this