Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Malaysia Airports claiming RM36 mil in unpaid fees from AirAsia

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Robert

Robert
  • Gold Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

I love how people claim he's a hero when the fee is absolute bollocks in the first place (no other airline has this fee). If, and a very big if, it's the aerobridge fee as claimed, be like all carriers and just include it in the ticket price (I'd rather not see lined items like ATC clearance fee, taxiway charges, escalator fee etc. on my ticket).

Equalize the PSC and everyone is all up and arms about it but when they get charged a BS fee, they are good with it. Some people just fall prey to the PR stunt a little too easily.

MAHB: We did not impose KLIA2 Fee

Well said

#42 tktoh

tktoh
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

Valid points ?

https://weechookeong...know-the-truth/

#43 KK Lee

KK Lee
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

"Processing Fee (credit and charge cards) (per guest per sector)" is abusive.

Edited by KK Lee, 09 January 2019 - 01:48 PM.

#44 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

Is MAHB trying to silence Airasia/Airasia X?

AirAsia responds to MAHB letter of demand to retract and withdraw press statements

#45 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Stop making false statements, Malaysia Airports tells AirAsia

See:

https://www.malaymai...airasia/1721861

#46 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

AirAsia meets EPF to explain MAHB’s suit

See:
https://newsroom.air...lain-mahbs-suit

#47 Waiping

Waiping

Model Collector/Spotter

• Platinum Member
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Ok,

Got a reply from AK stating that my refund is rejected due to one of the following reasons.

• Your booking consist of one or more future flight(s), or; (this was my return flight from KUL)
  • the guest has boarded this flight, or; (I boarded the first sector KUL -BKI, but not the second one)
  • the booking number is incorrect; or (booking number is certainly correct)
  • more than 6 months from the date of departure (my flight was mid October)

When I file for airport tax return I did specify the flight number, which was compulsory.  Is it recommended to have 2 separate booking in cases like this?

Anyway, I am trying to file another claim and see how it goes.

Just to put a closure this matter.  After AK turned down my claim twice I decided to file a complaint with MAVCOM on Dec 29.  On Jan 7 AK acknowledge that they have received the complaint from MAVCOM, and would initiate investigation.  On Jan 14 AK to allow the refund of airport tax to my credit account.  It was subsequently done on the 22 Jan with validity until Mac this year.  6 months from my initial flight.  Total amount less than RM20.

#48 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,673 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Court orders AirAsia to pay up, RM 40 million.

http://www.frontdesk...n-to-ma-sepang/

#49 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,392 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

If considered as A&P expenditure, that RM 40M could perhaps be considered good value for positive vibe generated amongst existing and potential customers - when was the last time anyone tried to save you a few bucks without you asking for it ?! :)

(old, stubborn sceptics however ...... :D)

#50 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 859 posts

Posted Today, 02:39 AM

If considered as A&P expenditure, that RM 40M could perhaps be considered good value for positive vibe generated amongst existing and potential customers - when was the last time anyone tried to save you a few bucks without you asking for it ?! :)

As long as those customers don't subsequently complain about how crappy KLIA/T2 is and the increased reliance on retail revenue....

#51 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,480 posts

Posted Today, 10:54 AM

Don't think they will pay yet - they are filing and appeal.

As long as those customers don't subsequently complain about how crappy KLIA/T2 is and the increased reliance on retail revenue....

Customers usually vote with their feet. If fares are higher, there are fewer pax. Fewer pax means fewer flights. It results in less revenue for klia2. AirAsia might not grow and it may look elsewhere to expand. Interesting to see what will unfold...

#52 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 859 posts

Posted Today, 01:32 PM

Customers usually vote with their feet. If fares are higher, there are fewer pax. Fewer pax means fewer flights. It results in less revenue for klia2.

Then why aren't airports like SIN or BKK ghost towns even though their taxes, fees and fares are higher than KUL's? How many of their customers voted with their feet? I don't see them having fewer pax or fewer flights.

AirAsia might not grow and it may look elsewhere to expand. Interesting to see what will unfold...

AirAsia has been expanding in countries with even higher departure taxes than MY (which they've even taken the liberty to unilaterally undercut). Brunei has one of the lowest taxes in the region but you don't see TF rushing to turn BWN into its megahub.

#53 JuliusWong

JuliusWong
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,864 posts

Posted Today, 01:34 PM

Then why aren't airports like SIN or BKK ghost towns even though their taxes, fees and fares are higher than KUL's? How many of their customers voted with their feet? I don't see them having fewer pax or fewer flights.

AirAsia has been expanding in countries with even higher departure taxes than MY (which they've even taken the liberty to unilaterally undercut). Brunei has one of the lowest taxes in the region but you don't see TF rushing to turn BWN into its megahub.

Don't think your analogy is right in this debatex especially the last part regarding Brunei.

#54 Chris Tan

Chris Tan
  • Gold Member
  • 859 posts

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

Don't think your analogy is right in this debatex especially the last part regarding Brunei.

Is BWN not a shining example of the low taxes = low fares = bustling air hub logic?

#55 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,673 posts

Posted Today, 02:53 PM

Honestly, the best way for this is not to lower the taxes at klia2. Let's face it, despite all the complaints, it's a new facility with up to date amenities compared to the MTB.

The best way, as I've advocated many times before, is to lower taxes for passengers flying from the MTB, on par with klia2.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz, Today, 02:53 PM.

#56 jani

jani
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,613 posts

Posted Today, 03:15 PM

One of those times that I can just afford a smile...

#57 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,480 posts

Posted Today, 03:16 PM

Simple - they offer good value for money. So customers feel satisfied.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users