MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Boeing 797 (1000 seats)

To read the whole story kindly click the link below :

Boeing 797

It's uglier than the whale jet, eew ...... :wacko: :wacko:

I hope Boeing won't proceed with this kind of design 'cause it looks like some sort of spaceship, an alien spaceship :lol: :lol:

Edited by Isaac

The idea is not new, and was explored in Boeing in the 1990s. It is called "Blended Wing", which can be seen in B-1 and B-2 fuselage shape.

I'm skeptical about whether Boeing wants to revive it given that it was their own in-fighting, which killed-off this project. Also, airlines expressed concerns about passengers' perception, i.e., being locked in a plane without windows especially in inter-continental flights.

Plane taking off from JFK with futuristic NY city in background.

IPB Image

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...47/b3809112.htm

Seat map

IPB Image

that is a manta ray jet. looks kina cool and very futuristic. i heard that Boeing already had the idea earlier, it wasn't the 797, it something like sonic cruiser if i'm not mistaken.

but i think it don't have enough windows (looks like not at all), just like the early 1700 african slave ship. i more prefer if 797 would be 1000 seater by being a bigger version of A380. something like the MD-12 early plan. something like a 4 aisle version of 777. imagine a 777 with double deck but maintain the shape, only bigger, maybe with 4 or 6 engines

but in this kind of era, aircraft manufacturer should not compete on size. they should compete on efficientcy of fuel and maybe new type of engine and more aerodinamical shape on the airframe structure. something faster and has long range for long distance travel.

Azuddin

o.88mach cruising speed

Can it fly with this speed? It looks ugly!

I bet there will be less interest than the 747X which has been cancelled.

but i think it don't have enough windows (looks like not at all), just like the early 1700 african slave ship. i more prefer if 797 would be 1000 seater by being a bigger version of A380.

I don't think there is any window except inside the flight deck <_ .>

they should compete on efficientcy of fuel and maybe new type of engine and more aerodinamical shape on the airframe structure. something faster and has long range for long distance travel.

I think both Boeing and Airbus should hire scientists to invent an alternative for JET-A. Something environmental friendly with no huge cost :) :)

hmm actually its not "tat" ugly lah :D jus ppl yet accept it :) do accept new things loh ? the older type of commersial aircraft looks 101% same :p one tube.... 2 wings... tats it haha... maybe they hav virtual window nex time :p u look at the screen infront of ur seat = looking outside the plane

hmm actually its not "tat" ugly lah :D jus ppl yet accept it :) do accept new things loh ? the older type of commersial aircraft looks 101% same :p one tube.... 2 wings... tats it haha... maybe they hav virtual window nex time :p u look at the screen infront of ur seat = looking outside the plane

Heard of this On Discovery Channel..

To me it's Ugly..Just nothin like Planes these days..That's Like a huge Step of Design And Creation..

Plus if it were to come to production..How many Airlines Would Want to buy it??

Imagine, Airports Have to get Bigger Runways,Wider Taxiways, Parking and Gate Area..Aerobridge and Stuff..How is airport gonna accomodate 1000 people waiting to board a Flight..Already in KLIA when Full FLight on a 747 HArdly can get Space..The Amoun of time it is going to take for people to leave and Board The Plane..Big Risk...And if this Huge Planes goes down..1000 lives go down as well..

Is the Plane Actually gonna be filled up??? I Don't think so..

Imagine, Airports Have to get Bigger Runways,Wider Taxiways, Parking and Gate Area..Aerobridge and Stuff..How is airport gonna accomodate 1000 people waiting to board a Flight..Already in KLIA when Full FLight on a 747 HArdly can get Space..The Amoun of time it is going to take for people to leave and Board The Plane..Big Risk...And if this Huge Planes goes down..1000 lives go down as well..

Is the Plane Actually gonna be filled up??? I Don't think so..

From the article:

The mammoth plane... is designed to fit within the newly created terminals used for the 555 seat Airbus A380...

Economically a bigger plane would mean airlines would not have to fight for additional slots at airports to fly more pax in, especially at airports like LHR and FRA. But yeah from a pax perspective it would suck having to wait a long time to board/deplane/go through immigration etc. Hopefully the A380's arrival would inspire terminals designed to handle the additional volume of pax.

I don't think there is any window except inside the flight deck <_ .>

I think both Boeing and Airbus should hire scientists to invent an alternative for JET-A. Something environmental friendly with no huge cost :) :)

NASA did an experiment on air power jet engine last year. the engine totally run on air without any fuel and travel at the speed of mach 7.

Azuddin

IIRC I saw this model last year, the body look very cool, but what up with the mounted engines.Well, one thousand seats is a lil bit too much but good luck on the project thou! :huh: Looks like they working this project with NASA people, hope this plane can cruise at space level :lol: or fly to space or vv :lol: And all this time A.net keep playing rumour that 797 will be 737 replacement!

Economically a bigger plane would mean airlines would not have to fight for additional slots at airports to fly more pax in, especially at airports like LHR and FRA. But yeah from a pax perspective it would suck having to wait a long time to board/deplane/go through immigration etc. Hopefully the A380's arrival would inspire terminals designed to handle the additional volume of pax.

I suggest to make new deplane system, pax exit through all the doors using 6 aerobridge, 3 on right side and three on left or may be more. AK can buy this stuff, just got to tell to TF :)

I don't think there is any window except inside the flight deck

They should made the window cover most of the plane, sound ridiculous, but people will fell like flying, the roof can be glassy so people can enjoy their eyes looking at the sky :rolleyes:

I think both Boeing and Airbus should hire scientists to invent an alternative for JET-A. Something environmental friendly with no huge cost

Yeah I think they should use electric power plane, instead fueling at the ground, they recharge at the ground, electric last forever, so no worry bout "running out of fuel" issue fo next 20 years. Can add solar panel at the wing too ;)

just my 2 cent.......

reminded me some cartoon series, thunderbird lol...

Lol... Thunderbird.. I used to watch that show everyweek, wake up early, sit in front of tv with a bowl of koko krunch with milk. Wah.. my childhood :lol:

Yeah I think they should use electric power plane, instead fueling at the ground, they recharge at the ground, electric last forever, so no worry bout "running out of fuel" issue fo next 20 years. Can add solar panel at the wing too ;)

Seth, you're hired :D :D

using the NASA developed vacume power engine also good. the engine suck the air and create a jet blast during outtake. traveling at Max speed of Mach 7, of course we don't want to do that for commercial travel.

Azuddin

..... the engine totally run on air without any fuel and travel at the speed of mach 7

Whoever invented that engine better go into hiding soon - OPEC going to put a bounty on his/her head ! Can you imagine the havoc to world order if this thing proves commercially viable ?! Why, there won't be a valid reason for the Americans to go to war anymore !! :lol:

Whoever invented that engine better go into hiding soon - OPEC going to put a bounty on his/her head ! Can you imagine the havoc to world order if this thing proves commercially viable ?! Why, there won't be a valid reason for the Americans to go to war anymore !! :lol:

:huh: :huh: , yeah i get the point. Memphis to Iraq and back to Memphis can be non-stop. maybe i should hide as well :unsure: :unsure: .

Azuddin

Who cares about what the plane looks like? As long as it's comfy for pax. ;) :D

*Dons flame-proof suit*