Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Vietnam Airlines HBO/Basic Fares to/from BKK/KUL/SIN/CGK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:51 AM

I was looking at VN-MY flights and it appears that VN has introduced "Economy Super Lite" fares (booking class: G/P) for flights between VN and KUL, CGK, SIN, and BKK since 20 May 2019. 

If you accidentally bought a HBO (hand-baggage only) fare, the cost to check-in a bag is pretty exorbitant:

0-5kg: USD $20

5-10kg: USD $40

The up fare from Basic/Super Lite fare to one that includes baggage is only USD $30.

#2 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:37 AM

Many legacy carriers have this kind of fare these days so that they can quote "low" fares in their advertising.

#3 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

Many legacy carriers have this kind of fare these days so that they can quote "low" fares in their advertising.

Indeed. I recently discovered that even KLM is offering HBO fares - even for long haul flights!

I've tried pricing a KUL-AMS-NYC flight, and it's actually RM 1K lower than when I priced it earlier this year with baggage.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz, 01 July 2019 - 11:30 AM.

#4 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Well it screws up search engines - I think they will need to refine their search algorithms sooner or later.

#5 Craig

Craig
  • Gold Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:29 PM

Indeed. I recently discovered that even KLM is offering HBO fares - even for long haul flights!

I've tried pricing a KUL-AMS-NYC flight, and it's actually RM 1K lower than when I priced it earlier this year with baggage.

You are right! I didn't know a legacy European carrier would actually do that on long-haul flight to Asia! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users