MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Subang Airport Spotting Location

For the benefit to ALL my friends and members here at Malaysianwings,

i present to you, DRIVE and SHOOT @ SUBANG.

we start with get yourself a CAR.......!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Take yourself to Terminal 3 Subang, how you get there, i dont care tongue.gif

user posted image

please continue drive ahead after the traffic lights, you will see Airod hangars on left.

Then road bends left you see this...

user posted image

SLOW DOWN after the road curves, LOOK RIGHT and see JUMBO on roof, free space for Parking on left... laugh.gif

user posted image

I stand on this flower pot, to get those fighters formation take off... tongue.gif

user posted image

If continue straight, busy raod actually... you will reach this... dry.gif

user posted image

If drive straight towards the big tree, go down the road and make left, go find a Yellow house with blue roof, you will reach the airport fence...one small narrow road to the right, the fence are lower..bring ladder for approach shots morning only.

continue right you willl reach traffic light... huh.gif

user posted image

make LEFT and you will see runway approach lights... biggrin.gif

user posted image

MORNING ONLY!!

continue ahead...you will see a MOBIL petrol station, make sure before that after the row of trees ends on your left, make LEFT.

user posted image

and this brings you to this spot....plenty of space to park and spot....runway just ahead of you and dont need ladder... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ...yeah...

user posted image

If you drive ahead again...go find this tree...200meters.

user posted image

ALRIGHT GUYS.....that is all. I hope this will help.

Photos taken by me...DRIVE and SHOOT.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif single handed

Aahhh.... reminds me when we operates from SZB and I still live in Sungai Buloh. Pass thru part of the road almost everyday.

This is one hell of a documentary .. Hehhe ..

Was supposed to go see the 18's and MIG's today , but then kinda lazy laaa ...

Hehehe .. Most like go tomorrow morning .. A lil scared of the lousy jam actually .. sigh

If any of you have some questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

I hope there be more spotters in Subang after this. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the comprehensive photos and instructions on Subang spotting.

I was there a few times but was quiet most of the time. sad.gif

traffic to expect...

dont care...go and wait, pray hard for Papa Delta or Romeo Delta to line up runway 15 tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Rest of traffic maybe viewed in a.net or jp.net...

So far, what i got and others, thats all i think in Subang.

Hope you will enjoy Subang.

As for KLIA, where to spot...may come later.

Need a BMW car and a Driver...hello Fendy...im talking about you. tongue.gif

Guest Fendy
As for KLIA, where to spot...may come later.

Need a BMW car and a Driver...hello Fendy...im talking about you. tongue.gif

6323[/snapback]

eh eh.... someone got new car leh... use that laaa tongue.gif

blink.gif what the heck a Jumbo Jet doing on that roof ??? Where to Buy Junk aircraft in Malaysia ??? huh.gif

I'm sure not TK... 'cos can tell from his wiper... laugh.gif  laugh.gif

6544[/snapback]

Norman, TK did not get himself a new car... but a new 787 tongue.gif

Ai ya guys... I went spotting at Subang as TK directed the way... Couldn't get nice traffics for two days! No MAS flying, only those small, small planes and occasional pre-737 a/c... So disappointed...

Can tell us when is the best time to spot at SZB so as to get MAS, Transmile MD-11, etc.? When does MAS ferry flights usually take place?

Teoh,

sad.gif Sorry to hear that you dont get the planes you wanted at Subang.

What Gavin mentioned is almost right...

Subang is like a time bomb...the clock just ticking and no "BOOOMM", UNTIL an aircraft appears for approach, if its a good aircraft...Big time "BOOOMMM"..

Normal small small ikan bilis aircraft...No Boommm.. tongue.gif

I have been spotting here for some time, with and without Jonathan, but whenever both of us are there...Sure curse one!!! mad.gif

But when times we get something... we are the happy ones to drive home.

No schedule airline operating into SZB, meaning to say, what ever time of the day, just "pray" and "wait".. biggrin.gif

Even Transmile, yes they have some sort of schedule timings of their departure and arrival, but remember, they are Cargo operator, they maybe on time and maybe not. MD-11s ops are now mostly i see is in KUL. Do we have a member working for Transmile here, maybe can share some idea of Transmile ops...?? biggrin.gif

MAS airplane, no such thing that we can know when and what and who will fly in or out. Maybe i can check, but then..its never the right timings.

Maybe some people know, but dont want to share. If you ask me...i dont know.

As a reminder to all members and friends, Be careful with Subang, try to expect the unexpected...either there is or there aren't any traffic.

I've waited 3 hours before with not even a dragonfly flew infront of me sad.gif

As Gavin said...Boring...i find it interesting when we able to get something.

Its Balance anyway.

Now it seems to me you guys hardly get traffic as well...

The first day I went there was a Brunei A340 departure. It taxied in front of me and my friend!! Too bad I didn't bring a camera along as I was just "inspecting" the spotting locations as I was in Subang earlier of the day... Err...... Missed it!!!

I observe from PJ that during evenings and late night there are lots of planes flying into Subang (well, the planes are flying towards Subang and could see them descending and ascending, can't be wrong). Most of them are jets. Am I absolutely right??

hmmm thanks Tk for the virtual map given....cool......all of this while ive been going to KLIA all the way from Ampang to do my spotting alone at rwy 32L....i didnt know where to take photos at Subang...with my cheap CAnon a400 i cudn't get good shot from that 32L....i believe at SZB and the spotting area there i cud get better shot...and also i hope i cud make new friends from MalaysianWings... smile.gif .. if u guys see a white Satria at those spotting area, that is going to be me...

Thank you for TK, a splendid commentary about SZB spotting!

When I visited past SZB, I was able to get RMAF with "flower pot" point accidentally.

I want to visit SZB for reference in this again.

It's a very attractive airport rolleyes.gif

user posted image