MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

MAS Golden Lounge at KLIA Satellite Terminal

Hi all,

Just wondering if one can pay to use the golden lounges at KLIA (either the domestic or international ones)? Or these lounges are exclusively for First/Business class passengers and higher tier Enrich members only?

Many Thanks ;)

I think its strictly for first/biz/ enrich members only..

Theres a pay lounge if i've not mistaken however not Golden Lounge.

Its PLaza Premium or something like that at the satelite terminal

You can somewhat 'pay' for the priviledge using points deducted from Enrich and getting a pass / voucher. It was available last year. Try calling Enrich.

I think it's only for First/biz and Enrich only.........if you really wants to make into the lounge, talk nicely, persuade the lady at the check in counter- I managed to do so last time :pardon: Anyway,kill ur time at McDonald's and BK, it worth every penny too :drinks:

Hi all,

Do you think i can stand a good chance in getting my friend into the golden lounge at KUL?

I'm flying C class but he is flying Y. Exact same flight...

I'm enrich silver.

Cheers,

Kenn.

Hi all,Do you think i can stand a good chance in getting my friend into the golden lounge at KUL?I'm flying C class but he is flying Y. Exact same flight...I'm enrich silver.Cheers,Kenn.
Enrich Platinum can invite 2, gold can invite 1. Edited by Rozhan

Hi,

Thanks for that. Do you think the lounge reception will allow me to take my friend in?:) I know its bending the rules a bit :)

Enrich Platinum can invite 2, gold can invite 1.

I have two notable instances whereby I got around the golden lounge.

1. holding a Y-class ticket for an impossibly packed flight (it was a Raya season rush), I went to the ticket counter, insisting that i WANTED TO UPGRADE to business class. Of course the answer was "I'm sorry but it is fully booked, sir". Then I said, "OK, I know that you can upgrade me last minute from the Golden Lounge(GL), so can I wait there? Who knows someone might not show up". The lady asked me to proceed to the GCCL check-in counter and tell the member of staff there of my intention. I did and I was given the Y-class boarding pass and the GL 'invitation card'. I prayed that the business class would remain fully booked right till final call ! Hahahah.

Maybe it was pure luck but actually on a 'legit' business trip prior to that, I saw one datuk at the GL counter being upgraded to a business class seat at the last minute. He was paying though but I was inspired.

One word of advice though: You need to be very, very confident here. Berani mati. Wake the con-man persona in you. Hahah...

I put on an accent to my English too. When dealing with Malaysian service industry personnel, that would help a lot!

2. in another instance, travelling together, a friend of mine held the Y-class but I was on business. I decided to try my luck and invited him to GL with me. I spoke nicely to the lady. In British accent, of course. We were let in. That was pure luck.

Both cases happened during the days before Idris Jala!

Try them for yourself! Disclaimer: I would not be responsible if anything bad happens to you!

Interesting idea Ewan. I like the British accent thing :)

I just browsed around Enrich online to check latest offers. Golden Lounge Domestic can be had for 5,000 miles, and international lounge for 8,000 miles.... even when one flies economy.

In past newsletter, Silver card holder must buy lounge access as above, if inviting others. Or perhaps if the invitee is an Enrich member and have enough miles, he / she can buy using his / her miles instead.

haha, thanks for all the advice here! Looks like I need to be really lucky or just buy a Business class ticket to use the Golden Lounge ;) The reason I want to access the lounge is to use the shower. I used the shower once at the Satellite Building transit hotel, but I don't think the domestic departure hall has a transit hotel or has shower facility?!

Thanks guys.

I hope nothing bad will happen to me if i try to get my friend in. He's not an enrich member.

ewan: what did you tell the lounge reception to let your frind in on a Y ticket while you were travelling on C?:)

Cheers,

K.

You could at least try - being nice and polite would be far more effective than being a DYKWIA type of course. The QF lounge dragon in SIN allowed me to bring 4 people into the QF/BA lounge there despite my '1 guest only' entitlement. Other times I've often been allowed 2. OTOH I've never been allowed more than 1 guest at BA lounges in LHR and LGW where the BA dragons are truly of the Komodo variety....

Edited by Keith T

Thanks Keith. Will give it a go. But i must come up with an excuse right?:) Of why i am taking my friend in?:) I can never think of one! Or do i just mention, we are going on a vacation together etc etc. :)

You could at least try - being nice and polite would be far more effective than being a DYKWIA type of course. The QF lounge dragon in SIN allowed me to bring 4 people into the QF/BA lounge there despite my '1 guest only' entitlement. Other times I've often been allowed 2. OTOH I've never been allowed more than 1 guest at BA lounges in LHR and LGW where the BA dragons are truly of the Komodo variety....

Thanks Keith. Will give it a go. But i must come up with an excuse right?:) Of why i am taking my friend in?:) I can never think of one! Or do i just mention, we are going on a vacation together etc etc. :)

I always merely mention that we're travelling together. Just be honest. :)

I always merely mention that we're travelling together. Just be honest. :)

Then your OW lounge is really generous to you. On both instances when I travel with my colleague who is Dynasty Gold, only he got invited to lounge. No exception no matter how much sweet talks you gave. Really "salty olive".

Then your OW lounge is really generous to you. On both instances when I travel with my colleague who is Dynasty Gold, only he got invited to lounge. No exception no matter how much sweet talks you gave. Really "salty olive".

The official entitlement for both ow sapphire and emerald is 1 guest who must also be flying oneworld (although s/he need not be on the same flight).

Only the QF lounge agents are generous when I try to bring more than 1 guest in... even though I'm a ow sapphire from AA and not QF.

The BA lounge agents always politely tell me to go fly a kite...:(

Thankfully the agents at the joint QF/BA lounges in SIN/BKK/HKG are usually from QF

Edited by Keith T

Hi Keith,

What are the chances we can get Lifetime gold :)

The official entitlement for both ow sapphire and emerald is 1 guest who must also be flying oneworld (although s/he need not be on the same flight).

Only the QF lounge agents are generous when I try to bring more than 1 guest in... even though I'm a ow sapphire from AA and not QF.

The BA lounge agents always politely tell me to go fly a kite...:(

Thankfully the agents at the joint QF/BA lounges in SIN/BKK/HKG are usually from QF

Hmm.. Which ones are the easiest to obtain ?:)

AA LT Gold for sure (1 million miles)... even miles obtained by credit card spend and transfers from hotel programs count. Remember Pudding Guy?

But LT Gold on AA is only LT Silver on QF...

You need to aim for LT Plat with AA. (2 million)

I'm not aiming for any LT status because I'm sure that the FFPs will be enhanced way before I get there. If I happen to get it then great otherwise I'm not going to bother much. Not worth the emotional investment.

Edited by Keith T

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info. WOW thats a lot of miles! :)

Lets just say just pure flying not transferring across Credit card miles. say if we fly 100000 miles a year(which is actually quite a lot already) that means we need to do this consecutively for an average of 10 years to get AA gold. Twice that for Plat.

AA LT Gold for sure (1 million miles)... even miles obtained by credit card spend and transfers from hotel programs count. Remember Pudding Guy?

But LT Gold on AA is only LT Silver on QF...

You need to aim for LT Plat with AA. (2 million)

I'm not aiming for any LT status because I'm sure that the FFPs will be enhanced way before I get there. If I happen to get it then great otherwise I'm not going to bother much. Not worth the emotional investment.

Sign in to follow this