MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Here is a taste of some recent visitors to PER...

An-124-100 RA-82079...Arrived ex-SIN on 7th July...and will departed on the 26th to- TSV!!!

CIMG0779.jpg

CIMG0780.jpg

CIMG0789.jpg

CIMG0790.jpg

CIMG0791.jpg

CIMG0792.jpg

CIMG0794.jpg

An-12BP UN-11650...This Kazakhstani bird was another visitor ex-SIN (and DPS)...this a/c is based at Changi.

CIMG0771.jpg

CIMG0772.jpg

CIMG0782.jpg

GLEX XRS VP-CGO...A lovely scheme for the Indo based bird, arrived ex-JOG

CIMG0522.jpg

CIMG0523.jpg

CIMG0525.jpg

CIMG0526.jpg

767-338ER VH-OGL...Showing off this Rugby World Cup promo scheme

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

777-2H6ER 9M-MRK...Crap weather, but a very familiar voice over the radio

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Liam, very nice pix indeed! The cockpit shot of the Volga is just classic, is there any entertainment onboard for them during long haul flight?

Liam,

Perth is indeed a very isolated city, and not known to many.

Its a peaceful yet beautiful and fun city in its own way. It is

my ideal place to live in again someday.

:clapping:

Good stuff Liam, some usually unseen shots and didn't know Qantas has a special color scheme. :clapping:

Liam, very nice pix indeed! The cockpit shot of the Volga is just classic, is there any entertainment onboard for them during long haul flight?
I only went into the tech crews quarters which had only like a booth seat with phone/fax facilities. I would imagine up the back where the loadies sleep it would have some TV's and what not.

Thanks guys, Perth is a great city, quiet and averages 8hrs sunshine per day year round...unfortunately the last couple of weeks we've seen none!

I only went into the tech crews quarters which had only like a booth seat with phone/fax facilities. I would imagine up the back where the loadies sleep it would have some TV's and what not.

Thanks guys, Perth is a great city, quiet and averages 8hrs sunshine per day year round...unfortunately the last couple of weeks we've seen none!

Sure would love to go spotting with you in Perth end of the year mate, missed it last year kekeke... :good:

Nice Shots of the Russian, Liam. Thanks for sharing.

Has a short trip to Perth last year, it is really a lovely place, the whole south west of WA is just great..!

wah.. u get to go into the Volga. i left perth on 15th july and i only get to view it from the terminal. nice shot u have there.. very nice

Sure would love to go spotting with you in Perth end of the year mate, missed it last year kekeke...
Sounds good to me! That invitation is open to anyone wanting to come spotting in Perth, and surrounds.

Thanks guys! I start a new job in FBO Operations at AVWest on Monday (www.avwest.biz) so i'll hopefully have more pics to share very soon...and in the coming weeks, pics of our soon to be delivered G-IV

Gibby,

Thanks for sharing these wonderful shots of sunny PER... :good:

What a lucky guy, you really are, by getting access to the AN-124 and take some good shots :yahoo:

Those GLEX livery is stunning; missed her in JOG, though :(

Cheers guys. Thanks heaps Triple T.

Sneeze, when it was with Australian it would have come to HKG just about every week. However, now that its back with QF it is in trans-tasman config, and thus spends it day flying domestically/N-zed routes. Similar to VH-OGD the first a/c in the new scheme.

These are for Amiri and the other Indo members of this site.Last week, Garuda changed their PER schedules again which saw the 10+ DPS flights remaining a 73H but the CGK flights are now operated by 735's!!So here is 737-5U3 PK-GGE arriving today...

735_1-1.jpg

735_2.jpg

And some crap ones of her departing today...

735_3.jpg

clearing GLEX OE-IGS...

735_4.jpg

positive rate!

735_5.jpg

Hey mate, nice pic there! Been a while now (Atleast 6months) since Pak Lah has been to PER! Wish he would come back with 9M-NAA!

Here's some pics from last weekend...

This sorry looking King Air 200, VH-SGT has landed twice at PER gear up

VH-SGT.jpg

And her sistership VH-XDB looking much healthier

VH-XDB.jpg

Their operator Network Aviation also has 6 Bras's, here is VH-NIF (rego comes from owner Birla NIF[/b]ty whom own the NIFty mine. All their EMB-120's are now bare metal

VH-NIF.jpg

"Qantas 577" one of 5 daily 743 rotations thru PER

VH-EBV.jpg

"Indonesia 728 Delta" running 12hrs late, but opb A333 PK-GPE in lieu of 73H. One of many planned A333's this month!

PK-GPE1.jpg

PK-GPE2.jpg

"Thai 997" A333 HS-TEM arriving from The Golden Land!

HS-TEM.jpg

And one of three dedicated jet freighters based in PER, 727-277F VH-VLI (others are 722F VH-VLH and my favourite 733F of Toll Priority - a/c rotates)

VH-VLI.jpg

Edited by Liam Gibb

This sorry looking King Air 200, VH-SGT has landed twice at PER gear up

TWICE :blink: :huh: :o woow,

stubborn under carriage, eh?

Thanks for sharing, Liam ;)

Wow, thats something we don't see everyday rite?? I hope to catch some nice birds when i come to Perth end of Nov :yahoo:

Wow, thats something we don't see everyday rite?? I hope to catch some nice birds when i come to Perth end of Nov :yahoo:

don forgot ya... <_>

Edited by Samuel Chy

USAF, Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker was in Perth recently...

Nice catch, its actually a KC-135T and was here to support NKC-135E 55-3132 on a mission to do with NASA. Unfortunately I was never able to get some pics!

Iggy, make sure you PM me before you come, we'll head out for an arvo geeking.

Some other interesting visitors we've had are...

74F's N540MC and N537MC bringing in the Red Bull Air Race gear

74F's N537MC and N526MC (this morning) taking out Cirque Du Soleil gear to Pieter's home town, thence by truck to Antwerp.

And coming up on 14th Oct is a Polet An-124, a 4th F100 for XR (VH-FNN) on the 15th and a MAS 74F on 19th!

Edited by Liam Gibb