MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
viista

MH181 Squawk 7700

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/09/15/samy-vellu-has-a-scare-in-the-air/

The whole experience was made more traumatic when it was found that many emergency masks on the aircraft were not functioning.

“The oxygen masks which was supposed to drop from the overhead compartment did not come out. Many passengers found that they did not have masks. The oxygen mask at my seat did not come down, and I was asked to move to another seat,” he said.

Why didn't the crew announce that the pax has to insert coins to have the oxygen mask come out !!!! :-)

Those mask that came out automatically is because the passenger has paid for that facilities in advance (without them realising it !!! Hehehe)

I guess this MKX must the old A332 aircraft.

Will there be any official reports to be made public on the airline / FAA's forum/website.

Cabin pressure failure, and failure of Oxygen mask deployment and operation is serious issue.

The flaw of this magnitude cannot be ignore or considered an isolated case until the parties concern have declared so, with evidence and record of good maintenance carried out on the aircraft.

This will serve as a reminder to all similar model in the fleet, and as well as a highlight in the maintenance work sheet.

Will there be any official reports to be made public on the airline / FAA's forum/website.

Cabin pressure failure, and failure of Oxygen mask deployment and operation is serious issue.

The flaw of this magnitude cannot be ignore or considered an isolated case until the parties concern have declared so, with evidence and record of good maintenance carried out on the aircraft.

This will serve as a reminder to all similar model in the fleet, and as well as a highlight in the maintenance work sheet.

It doesn't involve an American registered aircraft so I don't think the FAA will be involved - only the DCA.

And to my knowledge no airline has ever hosted an accident report involving them on their own website.

I would have think that such practices would be standardized world-wide since the planes are flying internationally. The public or rather the passengers whether local or foreign deserves to be advised of the aircraft's air-worthiness. At least a report of sort given to the affected passengers would be just as the passengers were not only inconvenient with the interruption, but their lives were risked.

Just like the current Rynair dispute with Spain's authority on the alleged stretched minimum fuel carried on board by the airline.

You gotta be kidding ! :D

You seen any "investigation reports" published by the DCA on Sabah Air's Nomad crash 36 years ago ?

People died in that accident, as opposed to non-appearance of oxygen masks in this episode - gravity of two incidents could not be more contrasting !

As far as I know, Sabah Air is still flying btw :)

Wow. The Sabah Air's findings' report remained as "classified" ! We will never know what happened to the ill-fated flight that carried several dignitaries.

No, I don' t think I have come upon others that are more in detail, except for the Flying Tiger crash in 89, which have several mentions in the web and publishes.

Wow. The Sabah Air's findings' report remained as "classified" ! We will never know what happened to the ill-fated flight that carried several dignitaries.

No, I don' t think I have come upon others that are more in detail, except for the Flying Tiger crash in 89, which have several mentions in the web and publishes.

Of course Flying Tigers Flight 66 was a US registered aircraft so the report will have FAA oversight.

Well, that is kind of a double-standards in my opinion. When this happens, how would one ensure the airline industry's operational standards over here is intact and abreast with international aviation standards?

I am sure there are a lot of employees in this industry would have compared their organisations' standards with that of their western counterparts in terms of aviation safety and requirements.

In addition, since we are flying mostly US and European made air planes, aren't the FAA at the makers' countries be curious to know why a failure of such magnitude occurs to the planes, and would have checked as alert for similar models?

No obligation to report such incidences?

Then again, perhaps there are bulletins sent out to the authorities which is not made public.

All I am saying is that there must be an adherence to some common regulations internationally that ensures all the safety and maintenance requirements of the aircraft is strictly followed to.

Sign in to follow this