MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jessnor Arif

MH006 KUL-FRA 7hrs delay

On the night 5.4.07 MH006 experiences a 7 hrs delay. AFAIK it is quite a rare occassion that MH flight having a long delay.

I know this cause 2 of my friends were involved.

Could it be something had happened in KUL that night?

This is another mismanagement on aircraft usage on MH side?

Sorry OT here, but under such situation, why don't they use their back-up a/c? Or they are really short of a/c now? Sorry but just curios.

Sorry OT here, but under such situation, why don't they use their back-up a/c? Or they are really short of a/c now? Sorry but just curios.

So far as I'm aware, no such thing as back-up a/c in airlines - waste of resource. Or maybe you were trying to say "re-routing"...

Maybe if it was a short haul flight perhaps, a replacement plane would be deployed.. lets say that plane isn't going to be flown in like another 6 hours maybe it could substitute the one lets say its going to Penang..

my two sen worth.......

As far as I know, KLM has at least 1 aircraft of every type for backup!

Cornelis,

Do they fly? Or do they just sit on the ground and wait for "deployment"? :mellow:

I believe they are in revenue ops- just that their schedule is not as tight and can be easily turned around / rerouted to fix delays.

Edited by Tony

Hi.

Is there a reason why MAS reduced their, once daily to a now weekly FRA Flight? I´d be curious to know what the reasons could be. Are they such big troubles ( financial, aircraft shortage)?

Regards.

-STEFAN-SUN_KING-

Hi.

Is there a reason why MAS reduced their, once daily to a now weekly FRA Flight? I´d be curious to know what the reasons could be. Are they such big troubles ( financial, aircraft shortage)?

Regards.

-STEFAN-SUN_KING-

Mainly it is because financial reason... FRA too is a loss making routes in MH Network for daily service..but maybe the loss is not so big to drop the route altogether. With a drop in frequency to 5 times weekly.. MH save more than MYR5 million. this is according to my Education Counsellor who work with Malaysian Embassy Berlin.

The losses may occur during the off peak seasons. Cause MH flight always full during peak seasons. I have always had trouble to get a ticket book on MH flight on the peak season. Unfortunately my semester break always in the peak season

Thanks. According to FRA´s Summertimetable MH005/6 will only operate on Sunday´s where else LH´s service via BKK is more often.

Regards.

-STEFAN-SWUN_KING-

Thanks. According to FRA´s Summertimetable MH005/6 will only operate on Sunday´s where else LH´s service via BKK is more often.

Regards.

-STEFAN-SWUN_KING-

It will still be 5x a wk in summer: Mon, Wed, Fri, sat & Sun.

As far as I know, KLM has at least 1 aircraft of every type for backup!

I think maybe Pieter can explain more on the back-up plane? At least for KLM's case.

It will still be 5x a wk in summer: Mon, Wed, Fri, sat & Sun.

KLM has one back-up aircraft per day for almost all their types: 1x 744's for 744 and MD11's; 1x A330 for the 330's and 737's; 1x 777 for 777's and 1x 738 for the 737's; KLM cityhopper, however, has a lot higher number of planned spare aircraft, due to the old age of the F100/70/50's, like 5 for the jets and 2 for the props...they're planned as a spare, usually for a part of the day only, to avoid technical delays and/or heavy operational delays...

5x a week to FRA ? Have just read, that both AZ and MH have signed a code-share agreement, whereby FRA passengers will also be channeled via FCO to KUL on AZ/MH :blink:

5x a week to FRA ? Have just read, that both AZ and MH have signed a code-share agreement, whereby FRA passengers will also be channeled via FCO to KUL on AZ/MH :blink:

Now that makes complete sense! :rolleyes: In fact, the whole Alitalia codeshare OOZES sense! "let's partner an airline that is struggling to say afloat!" I hold my breath to see what becomes of this.

KLM IMHO would have been a better partner to increase the existing code-share agreement! I'm sure they fly to all the places Alitalia does, and more!

I think the SAA deal is good though!

Jet Airways in India and China Southern in China would be fruitful too I'm sure.. but AZ.. just doesn't seem logical..

they're planned as a spare, usually for a part of the day only, to avoid technical delays and/or heavy operational delays...

Thanks Pieter. Makes sense now. ;)

Tony,

To be more precise: it won't be 1x 744 for 24 hours, but rather 3x 744's with a spare bracket of 8 hours each (as an example); at cityhopper we might even have 6 spare jets with around 3 hours only (due to the short stretches they fly)...

Now that makes complete sense! :rolleyes: In fact, the whole Alitalia codeshare OOZES sense! "let's partner an airline that is struggling to say afloat!" I hold my breath to see what becomes of this.

KLM IMHO would have been a better partner to increase the existing code-share agreement! I'm sure they fly to all the places Alitalia does, and more!

That's exactly what I 'feel' as well with this agreement; this is what was published overhere in the Netherlands about it:

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia Airlines and Alitalia have signed a code-share agreement. By this cooperation, MH will place their flightnumber on AZ flights to various European destinations, as well as AZ will do this reciprocally on MH flights. This was announced recently by MAS.

Effective the 1st of June 2007 MH passengers can travel with a MH-flightnumber on AZ flights from Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Milan, Frankfurt and Geneva via Rome to Kuala Lumpur. MAS operates 4x a week between FCO and KUL with a boeing 777.

At the same time, passengers of Alitalia can fly with an AZ flightnumber on flights operated by MH to various destinations in Malaysia and Australia, like KUL, PEN, MEL, PER and SYD.

The two airlines are also reviewing the possibilities of extending their FFP's on eachother's services.

So, Sandeep, apparently it only covers Southern-European destinations, while KLM covers (most) of the Northern-European (read Scandinavian) destinations...

even MH5 came back from FRA today was delayed for a couple of hours, pax are not happy but spotters gone crazy seeing MRD approaching 32R in BLUE SKY + Good Light :yahoo:

Of course MH005 will be delayed due to delay on MH006 for 7 hrs... MH park at FRA about 6hrs... 06:00 to 12:30

with the delay MH006 arrived at FRA 14:20 Already 2hrs late...

Is it really MRD? Damn I miss it again... MRD at FRA... :(

about AZ MH code sharing... This may be a long shot... but maybe MH eyeing to take control of AZ... Letting Mr Idris Jala do his Magic again for AZ...

Edited by JessnorArif

about AZ MH code sharing... This may be a long shot... but maybe MH eyeing to take control of AZ... Letting Mr Idris Jala do his Magic again for AZ...

Aeroflot, together with an Italian Bank, made a 'move' for the AZ shares (rumours are, with the help of AF-KL :blink: )...

Personally, I think, this has all to do with MH's foreseeable entry into Skyteam, having lot's and lot's of code-share agreements already with ST carriers :pardon:

The MH GSA in Italy belongs to a royal family. Hence, FCO was spared from route rationalization.

To code share with AZ to justify FCO route is like putting the cart in front of the horse. Whether it will be a success or not remain to be seen.

:drinks:

Sign in to follow this