Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

"Temporarily winding down AirAsia X Indonesia"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Holger

Holger
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:23 PM

Tony will close AirAsia X Indonesia.

So far they tried the following routes and canx them:

Bali-Sydney

Bali-Melbourne

Bali-Taipeh

Bali-KUL-Mumbai

Jakarta-Tokyo

I think that is the right way. They can use the 2 A330-300 better in Bangkok or KL!

#2 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,080 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

I think Thai AirAsia X will be big. So let them expand faster. Indonesians are not into long haul travel. Those that do travel long haul generally prefer full service carriers.

#3 Kee Hooi Yen

Kee Hooi Yen
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

The demand on Australia-DPS is there. Perhaps Aussies are more familiar with virgin and Jetstar on these routes.

I remember during the startup MEL-DPS was cancelled and postponed due to regulatory approval issue and that caught some media attention too.

#4 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:32 AM

The demand on Australia-DPS is there. Perhaps Aussies are more familiar with virgin and Jetstar on these routes.

I remember during the startup MEL-DPS was cancelled and postponed due to regulatory approval issue and that caught some media attention too.

They can always fly OD with me..... 

#5 Holger

Holger
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

In addition to the operations in Malaysia and Thailand, the AirAsia X Group has an affiliate in Indonesia. However, Indonesia AirAsia X currently only operates two aircraft, has been struggling and is planning to suspend scheduled operations (for the second time). The group is planning to move one of the Indonesia-based A330s to Thailand by the end of 2018 and has been looking at potentially shutting down Indonesia AirAsia X entirely.

https://centreforavi...he-party-436441

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users