Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#21 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

I don't think so THY is thinks about KUL in near future even used to be stop over for MNL. THY has nice operations in BKK and SIN. Probably they don't think to open a new station in KUL neiter Kualalumpur nor stop over point for Manila. SIN is using very efficient by THY and since last year, they are flying to Jakarta via Singapore. Probably Singapore will be use for Manila with increase frequency IST-SIN flights. Maybe THY can be get a new decide for Sydney flight that would be planned in future. Turkish Airlines A340 and B777-300ER are not enough for flying non-stop on theese routes and they need a stop in there. At that time, if there is no slot in Singapore, KUL can be use for technical stop as a new destination.

But, Turkish Airlines orders new widebody planes, so they need to find destinations to fly for new planes. Kualalumpur always one of the possible destinations in Turkish Airlines future expand plan.

#22 Mohd Azizul Ramli

Mohd Azizul Ramli
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

Turkish Airlines is planning IST-KUL-SYD!

Add TK to that list next year as they will be operating a daily IST KUL SYD service using a B 773ER.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4962644/

I am excited!

#23 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:15 AM

Turkish Airlines is planning IST-KUL-SYD!

http://www.airliners...d.main/4962644/

I am excited!

If that really happens, it would be real great news! TK can finally "globally yours" into Malaysia! However, if the Malaysian Government approves it, it would contradict with D7's denial into plying the KUL - SYD route. Something could explain here, they want TK to operate in KLIA as part of expansion of KUL's hub and attract TK's return. This could have led them to grant D7 to fly into Sydney!

#24 jani

jani
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:52 AM

Great news if true, but a post like that does not seem solid at all. Just words.

Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

#25 Johan Z

Johan Z
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

Very exciting! Finallly TK will come to KUL.

#26 Izanee

Izanee
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

TK has been to KUL 2 times already and left both times.... which is a shame. Will be nice for them to fly daily using a 77W to SYD with full traffic rights (KUL-SYD)

#27 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:27 AM

Wow, TK is really expanding: they're also opening up a route to SGN via BKK... :good:

(BKK-SGN-BKK on AF will be withdrawn)

#28 GYC

GYC
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Is Turkish airways flying to KUL???

#29 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

MAHB Expects More Airlines To Land At KLIA
July 28, 2011 20:54 PM
SEPANG, July 28 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) expects more airlines to fly into the KL International Airport (KLIA) by year-end.

"We are hoping to have two or three more airlines landing at the KLIA. These could be from the Middle East. Lion Air has already come in," said Chief Financial Officer Faizal Mansor, at a briefing on MAHB's financial performance for its first half of 2011, here Thursday.

"With Malaysia Airlines' move to join the third largest global airline group, Oneworld, everything is positive. It will make KLIA stronger," he added.

On the progress in MAHB's bid for the expansion of the Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah, Faisal said the group expects to know the outcome of the technical perspective of the bid next month.

"We are hoping to score high in the technical area. The result of the whole bid is expected to be known by year-end," he added.

He said MAHB is confident that it would stage a good performance in the second half of its current financial year.

He also said the MAHB is on track to achieve double-digit growth in the number of passengers for its full-year performance ending December 31, 2011.

MAHB posted a net profit of RM170.1 million for its first half ended June 30 2011, an increase of 28.1 per cent from RM132.8 million in the previous corresponding period.

Revenue for the same period grew by 23.5 per cent to RM1.26 billion from RM1.02 billion.

-- BERNAMA

Do we expect Turkish?

http://aviation.bern...3&lang=en&cat=b

#30 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well done!

"Turkish Airlines has become the airline that flies to the most countries in the world with a total of 100!"

Posted Image

#31 Mike P

Mike P
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Anywhere but not Malaysia? no way!

#32 Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Mohd Suhaimi Fariz
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Anywhere but not Malaysia? no way!

But the Twin Tower's on the ad. They're counting codeshare destinations too.

#33 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I wonder if they go to Iceland, my destination next Feb. :D

#34 dean hizudy

dean hizudy
  • Gold Member
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

But the Twin Tower's on the ad. They're counting codeshare destinations too.

or perhaps their future destination?

#35 Izanee

Izanee
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Stupid TK ... They fly everywhere including Mogadishu but not KUL.

#36 affendi osman

affendi osman
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I wonder if they go to Iceland, my destination next Feb. :D

Aurora sightings again Dr?
they say some island by the name Shetland is beautiful as well....
perhaps Dr can include that into your to visit list!

#37 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hahaha yes, another go at the aurora borealis after Tromso last year. Now almost max solar activity in its 12yr cycle, so hoping for the best show. We already hv KUL-IST tix with QR. Now need to add on IST-KEF. :-)

#38 affendi osman

affendi osman
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

I have a plan to go to Iceland as well....
maybe in March...

anyway, when is the best time to spot aurora borealis?

Shetland island (north of scotland) also offers decent aurora spotting place.....

#39 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Aurora best spotted Jan-Mar, when weather more stable, sky dark. We were in Tromso in Oct, poor weather but saw some. Too early.

#40 Suzanne Goh

Suzanne Goh
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Stupid TK ... They fly everywhere including Mogadishu but not KUL.

Ooh not so stupid from my perspective - there was one fare last time from the USA via IST plus MH code share in J for about 1400 USD. The fare is now 2400 USD (inflasi) - but if they fly their own metal it won't be anywhere near that price (They told me so). Bought a few of those, was definitely the best way home cause stopover allowed in IST also. If they do fly here, i think that fare habis lah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users