MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

9M-TAN

See this hot story: http://www.top-femalecelebrities.com/2009/04/manohara.html

Excerpt:

Daisy record, Manohara was the plane ride away Challenger 300 jet owned by Berjaya Air, Aircraft 9MTAN Reg. Pilotnya Zakaria Salleh is the Captain. "I do not think they are able to do things that are not human," he said.

Interesting if true.

Seems like the article has been translated from other language,can't fully understand its contents... :pardon:

Edited by Li Ren

I saw this plane doing touch and go in Subang yesterday.

i saw this plane too, at IPH, march of 2008. hehe...

It is definitely a huge news in Indonesia with all the daily celebrity gossip programs covering it extensively. In my opinion, this thread is not suitable to be in General Aviation Subforum as it is more like a Golden Lounge Subforum thingy.

Agence France-Presse - 4/23/2009 10:04 AM GMT

http://news.my.msn.com/regional/article.as...umentid=3217735

Malaysian PM dodges questions about missing model

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak dodged questions about the alleged abduction of a young model by a Malaysian prince as he met Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Jakarta on Thursday.

Reporters covering the press conference after the leaders met at the presidential palace were refused permission to ask about the case of 17-year-old Indonesian-American model Manohara Odelia Pinot. As they fielded approved questions about closer bilateral relations and economic cooperation, Manohara's mother held an emotional press conference of her own to plead with Najib for help in finding her socialite daughter.

Manohara last year married Tengku Temenggong Mohammad Fakhry, the prince of Malaysia's Kelantan state. Her mother, Daisy Fajarina, said Manohara had suffered "emotional and physical abuse" at the hands of her husband, who was holding her against her will in Malaysia.

"As the new prime minister of Malaysia I urge Najib to investigate to defend our rights and the truth," Fajarina told reporters at the offices of the national human rights commission. "I just want my daughter to be set free... As a mother I have a right to see my daughter."

She said she had been refused entry to Malaysia to see Manohara, who was crying and distraught when she last spoke to her Indonesian family by phone on March 21. "I was already in the airport but immigration officials told me that I was strictly forbidden to enter Malaysian territory," she said, referring to an incident on March 19.

Fajarina said the last time she saw Manohara was when she accompanied the couple on a pilgrimage to Muslim holy sites in Saudi Arabia in late February. The teen bride was already unhappy with her new husband and the trip was supposed to be a fence-mending exercise for the family, she said.

But it ended in anger and confusion when the prince abandoned Fajarina at an airport in Jeddah and whisked her daughter away in his private jet. "My daughter was taken away forcibly in a private jet from Jeddah ... I was on the passenger list and my personal stuff was already in the plane, but the jet took off without me and left me on the runaway," she said.

She also accused the royal family of trying to bribe her to forget about Manohara with a million-dollar apartment in Malaysia. "I cannot accept that. Even if they give me the world, I cannot sell my beloved daughter," she said.

Fajarina fainted when she was mobbed by journalists from Indonesia's celebrity press, who have written extensively about Manohara's plight. Indonesia's ambassador to Malaysia, Da'i Bachtiar, said he had spoken to the royal household in Kelantan and received word that Manohara was fine. But they refuse to allow her mother to visit and the Malaysian foreign ministry has not replied to further inquiries, he told AFP.

"I have communicated with the Kelantan sultanate. They said Manohara is healthy and fine. We asked about the wishes of her mother but there was a rejection of her visit to Malaysia," Bachtiar said. "We've addressed questions officially to the Malaysian foreign affairs ministry, but there's been no answer yet. We've addressed the questions in order to give protection to an Indonesian citizen."

Najib was sworn in earlier this month after his predecessor, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, was forced to stand down. He has repeatedly denied involvement in the gruesome murder in 2006 of 28-year-old Mongolian woman Altantuya Shaariibuu, the lover of his close aide. The aide was acquitted of abetting her murder but two police officers have been sentenced to hang for the slaying of the young woman, whose remains were blown up with military-grade explosives in a jungle clearing.

Some exhibits:

The victim: Manohara Odelia Pinot

mano2.jpg

mano3.jpg

mano.jpg

The Prince: HH Tengku Temenggong Muhammed Fakhry Petra ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan

temeng.gif

The abducting aircraft (?)

mano5copy.jpg

mano4.jpg

If 9M-TAN was used mean the loyalty now owed the tycoon a favour.

Sure one, even Vincent's son, Robin, is a Kelantan datuk. :rolleyes:

Model flees to Jakarta, claims abuse by K'tan prince

May 31, 09 11:55am

The saga of Indonesian model Manohara Odelia Pinot took a startling twist today :pardon: when she confirmed allegations of abuse and violence by her husband, a Kelantan prince, after fleeing to Jakarta today.

Manohara told a press conference in Jakarta that she was not happy with her marriage with Tengku Muhammad Fakhry, 32.

"I did not sleep - the longest was four hours. I was afraid of being injected or drugged (without my knowledge)," said the 17-year-old, who was accompanied by her mother Daisy Fajarina.

"All the torture (allegations) is true. First, (I was) cut. I am afraid of the daily sex abuse," she was quoted as saying by Banjarmasin Post.

Meanwhile, her mother's lawyer Yuli Andre Darma told online daily Detik.com that Manohara had admitted to having been abused, both mentally and physically.

However Yuli said that it was not clear whether Manohara was physically slashed.

According to the lawyer, Manohara is happier being in Indonesia. She has not decided on whether to return to Malaysia.

"What is clear is that she would not be doing so in the near future. It all depends on her," he said.

Detik.com also reported that there is a scar on Manohara’s forehead, which might have been inflicted with a hot iron.

It also quoted Daisy as saying that her daughter would undergo a medical check-up tomorrow.

Manohara was in Singapore with her husband to visit the Kelantan sultan who was seeking treatment in the city state.

It is learnt that her mother mounted a 'rescue' with the help of the Singaporean police as well as officials from the Indonesian and American embassies.

'My first and last man'

Previously, a close friend of the royal family had dismissed the allegations, saying that Daisy had wanted money from her son-in-law.

According to businessman Mohd Soberi Shafii, Daisy allegedly wanted her son-in-law to settle her huge debts.

"She had asked him to settle the debts amounting to RM600,000 when the prince had already given her RM300,000.

"One night, she flew into a rage at the prince's house. She shouted like a mad woman. 'Why haven't you given the money, you have already married my daughter'.

"The prince said he wanted to pay and asked for an acknowledgment for the RM300,000 he had already given her. It was from this point that Daisy got angry," he said, adding that she also wanted to take her daughter back to Jakarta.

Mohd Soberi also claimed that Manohara had told him that she wanted to remain with her husband, saying that she would have filed for a divorce if otherwise.

"Every time I ask her about it, she would reply 'the prince is my first and last man'," he added.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/105522

:drinks:

If our PM can blown up someone, why cant a Sultan abused someone? This is a boleh land....and only the one who rules has the power to override everything....

Edited by Kenneth T

Manohara: I was treated like an animal

Rahmah Ghazali | Jun 1, 09 1:57pm

To those outside the Kelantan palace, Manohara Odelia Pinot may have looked like she was living the life of a princess.

Yesterday however, the former model revealed that her husband had treated her “like an animal” during their nine-month marriage.

At a press conference in Jakarta, Indonesia, following her dramatic rescue over the weekend, she said: “In Kelantan, they would see me as a princess, but that is wrong.

“I was treated like an animal. I was locked inside a room and if I was allowed to go out, I would be forced to smile. Otherwise, I would get in trouble when I get back.”’

The 17-year-old, accompanied by her mother Daisy Fajarina, appeared calm as she claimed to have photographic evidence of the abuse she had allegedly suffered at the hands of her husband Tengku Muhammad Fakhry, 32.

Manohara claimed that she was a toy to her husband and that he “would play with me whenever he wants”.

“He would get in the room and do whatever he wants to me. I was treated like an object and I had no rights whatsoever. I (was) sexually abused, physically abused and mentally abused. That is all the truth, there are no lies about it and I have photo evidence of it.”

In an interview with Indonesian television network Trans 7, Manohara also expressed disappointment with the Indonesian envoy to Malaysia for accusing her of lying, when she needed help.

“They said I was lying when I told them that I was not happy. They said I was happy in Kuala Lumpur (and) in Kelantan. But then they didn’t even check....they did not even call me.

“They said according to the photos (on the Internet), I looked happy and that is okay. But that is not an excuse. You have two stories, one saying I’m happy, one saying I’m not. So they should check both sides.”

The Indonesian media has reported other claims, including that she had been injected with a hormone that made her gain weight. She is now adamant about seeking a divorce.

‘Father a US national’

According to news reports, Manohara had accompanied her husband to Singapore on Saturday to visit the Kelantan sultan who is being treated there for a heart ailment.

Daisy (left) subsequently mounted a rescue at the Royal Plaza Hotel where Manohara was staying, with the help of the Singapore police and officials from both the Indonesian and US embassies.

Manohara had apparently pressed the emergency button while she was in the lift at 3am to get the attention of the hotel management and the police after learning that her mother was in the lobby.

The intervention of US embassy, explained Indonesian foreign ministry spokesperson Teuku Faizasyah to Jakarta Post, was “because Manohara’s biological father is a US national which makes her a US national as well”.

Mother and daughter arrived in Jakarta early yesterday morning. Video footage showed Manohara weeping with joy.

The story made headlines when Daisy claimed that the Kelantan prince had cut Manohara with a razor blade.

Daisy said the Kelantan royalty had abducted her daughter while she was in Saudi Arabia three months ago. She said the family had been invited to perform the umrah in late February, in a reconciliation bid.

Manohara had earlier fled to Indonesia after complaining of frequent abuse by her husband, "whom she married last August after being raped by the man" when she was 15.

Subsequently, her mother tried to visit her in Malaysia but found that she was barred from entering the country.

A close friend of the Kelantan royal family had previously dismissed the allegations, and accused Daisy of demanding money from her son-in-law.

Mother to press charges against the prince

Meanwhile, AFP reported Manohara's Daisy Fajarina as saying that she would press charges against the prince. She also blamed the Malaysian and Indonesian governments for trying to cover up the abuse.

"The things I've been afraid of were revealed to be true. Manohara has suffered physical abuse. She's got several razor cuts on her chest," Daisy told AFP on Monday.

"I will sue him. No parent could be silent if their child was treated in such a barbaric way."

The Malaysian government had ignored her pleas for access to her daughter and had blocked her from entering the country, she said, while the Indonesian embassy had said that Manohara was fine with her new husband.

But the young woman - a well-known socialite in Jakarta - said her life at the royal palace involved a "daily routine" of rape, abuse, torture and drug injections which made her vomit blood.

"I am still traumatised by all that happened and it has left an impact on me," she said.

"Sexual abuse and sexual harassment were like a daily routine for me, and he did that every time I did not want to have sexual intercourse," she was quoted as saying in The Jakarta Globe.

"I could never think a normal man could do such things," she said, adding: "Some parts of my body were cut by a razor."

There has been no comment from the Kelantan royal family or the Malaysian government.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/105552

It is definitely a huge news in Indonesia with all the daily celebrity gossip programs covering it extensively. In my opinion, this thread is not suitable to be in General Aviation Subforum as it is more like a Golden Lounge Subforum thingy.

Agence France-Presse - 4/23/2009 10:04 AM GMT

http://news.my.msn.com/regional/article.as...umentid=3217735

Malaysian PM dodges questions about missing model

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak dodged questions about the alleged abduction of a young model by a Malaysian prince as he met Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Jakarta on Thursday.

Reporters covering the press conference after the leaders met at the presidential palace were refused permission to ask about the case of 17-year-old Indonesian-American model Manohara Odelia Pinot. As they fielded approved questions about closer bilateral relations and economic cooperation, Manohara's mother held an emotional press conference of her own to plead with Najib for help in finding her socialite daughter.

Manohara last year married Tengku Temenggong Mohammad Fakhry, the prince of Malaysia's Kelantan state. Her mother, Daisy Fajarina, said Manohara had suffered "emotional and physical abuse" at the hands of her husband, who was holding her against her will in Malaysia.

"As the new prime minister of Malaysia I urge Najib to investigate to defend our rights and the truth," Fajarina told reporters at the offices of the national human rights commission. "I just want my daughter to be set free... As a mother I have a right to see my daughter."

She said she had been refused entry to Malaysia to see Manohara, who was crying and distraught when she last spoke to her Indonesian family by phone on March 21. "I was already in the airport but immigration officials told me that I was strictly forbidden to enter Malaysian territory," she said, referring to an incident on March 19.

Fajarina said the last time she saw Manohara was when she accompanied the couple on a pilgrimage to Muslim holy sites in Saudi Arabia in late February. The teen bride was already unhappy with her new husband and the trip was supposed to be a fence-mending exercise for the family, she said.

But it ended in anger and confusion when the prince abandoned Fajarina at an airport in Jeddah and whisked her daughter away in his private jet. "My daughter was taken away forcibly in a private jet from Jeddah ... I was on the passenger list and my personal stuff was already in the plane, but the jet took off without me and left me on the runaway," she said.

She also accused the royal family of trying to bribe her to forget about Manohara with a million-dollar apartment in Malaysia. "I cannot accept that. Even if they give me the world, I cannot sell my beloved daughter," she said.

Fajarina fainted when she was mobbed by journalists from Indonesia's celebrity press, who have written extensively about Manohara's plight. Indonesia's ambassador to Malaysia, Da'i Bachtiar, said he had spoken to the royal household in Kelantan and received word that Manohara was fine. But they refuse to allow her mother to visit and the Malaysian foreign ministry has not replied to further inquiries, he told AFP.

"I have communicated with the Kelantan sultanate. They said Manohara is healthy and fine. We asked about the wishes of her mother but there was a rejection of her visit to Malaysia," Bachtiar said. "We've addressed questions officially to the Malaysian foreign affairs ministry, but there's been no answer yet. We've addressed the questions in order to give protection to an Indonesian citizen."

Najib was sworn in earlier this month after his predecessor, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, was forced to stand down. He has repeatedly denied involvement in the gruesome murder in 2006 of 28-year-old Mongolian woman Altantuya Shaariibuu, the lover of his close aide. The aide was acquitted of abetting her murder but two police officers have been sentenced to hang for the slaying of the young woman, whose remains were blown up with military-grade explosives in a jungle clearing.

Some exhibits:

The victim: Manohara Odelia Pinot

mano2.jpg

mano3.jpg

mano.jpg

The Prince: HH Tengku Temenggong Muhammed Fakhry Petra ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan

temeng.gif

The abducting aircraft (?)

mano5copy.jpg

mano4.jpg

Sultan Ismail Petra still not die yet...

The Manohara escape and unsung heroes

SINGAPORE, June 3 — We don't have their names but we do have a name for them — unknown heroes.

Three strangers, including a Singapore cabby, played crucial roles in helping teen model Manohara Odelia Pinot flee from her husband, Kelantan prince Tengku Temenggong Muhammad Fakhry on Saturday.

Pinot's sister, Dewi Sari Asih, 20, told The New Paper that the escape would not have been possible if not for the help they received from these strangers.

The first was an informant from within the Kelantan palace. This unnamed person tipped off Pinot's family in Indonesia last Wednesday.

The informant told them that Pinot would be in Singapore that week.

On Saturday, the same caller called again and told them to “better come quick now” as Pinot would be leaving Singapore that night.

Pinot's mother, Daisy Fajarina, and Asih subsequently took the first flight they could get from Jakarta to Singapore that afternoon.

Arriving in Changi Airport at about 8pm, they hailed a cab and made a beeline for Royal Plaza on Scotts.

Their cabby is unknown hero No. 2.

On the way to the hotel, the mother and daughter started discussing about Pinot's plight.

The taxi driver overheard their strange conversation.

Said Asih: “The taxi driver said he wasn't trying to listen to our conversation but from what he had heard, he advised us to call the police.”

She and her mother were initially hesitant about getting the police involved.

“We were worried that the police might not help us. So we asked the taxi driver how the police here worked,” said Asih.

“He told us that the police would definitely protect us regardless of who we were, whether we were foreigners or locals, whether we were rich orpoor.”

The taxi driver's conviction in the police moved them.

When they called the police, there was finally a glimmer of hope that they would get to see Pinot after allegedly being denied contact with her for close to three months.

Having last seen Pinot on March 9 before she was whisked away on a private jet in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, her mother and sister were excited by the prospect of seeing her again.

But they were unprepared for the drama that was to unfold.

Arriving at the hotel at around 8.30pm, they entered the hotel lobby to find four to five of the prince's bodyguards there.

Asih told The New Paper over the phone from Jakarta: “The bodyguards' faces changed when they saw us. They looked scared and shocked and started speaking into their handphones.

“We waited in the area around the elevator, hoping to see Manohara as that was where she would come out from. We could not go up as we did not have a pass key (to operate the lift).”

The police arrived less than 10 minutes after they arrived.

Then, unknown hero No. 3 lent a helping hand.

Said Asih: “A lady, who turned out to be an Indonesian guest staying at the hotel, came up to us while we were waiting near the elevator.

“She asked my mum if she was Manohara's mum. My mum said yes, and she told us that she saw Manohara on the third floor, but the people upstairs were not letting her come down.

“Then I heard the emergency alarm from the elevator. A woman and a man then came running from the lobby area towards the elevator carrying what looked like a doctor's bag. They (the security guards) told them to go to the third floor.

“We tried to follow them up, but they stopped us.”

Soon after, her mum and the police also went up to the third floor while Asih stayed behind in the lobby.

Said Fajarina: “When I got up to the third floor, I saw Manohara inside the lift, sitting on the floor crying, pressing the alarm button. She refused to get out.

“When she saw me, she started screaming for me and said, 'Mother, never let me go again'.”

Asih said that she later met her sister and her mother in a hotel room on the third floor belonging to the Indonesian lady who had earlier tipped them off about seeing Pinot on that floor. She had allowed them to use her room.

Asih said that Pinot later contacted American embassy officials who turned up with officials from the Indonesian embassy.

Fajarina said that they stayed in the room from 9pm to 4am and negotiated with the prince, who did not want to let her daughter go.

She added that the prince relented only after his lawyer advised him that he could be in trouble with the law if he refused.

The family then made their way back to Jakarta on an early morning flight on Sunday.

Recounting her experiences that night, Asih said: “I feel relieved to see her in person, but it was bittersweet. I was so happy to see her, but also sad that she had to go through all those painful things. I wished she didn't have to go through that.

“It was very emotional, we wouldn't let go of each other.”

When contacted, Patrick Fiat, general manager of Royal Plaza on Scotts said: “The matter is a private affair and Royal Plaza on Scotts is committed to honouring our guests' confidentiality hence we are not at liberty to comment.”

When asked what actions the hotel takes when the emergency bell in the elevator goes off, he declined to comment, citing confidentiality for all security measures.

At a press conference in Jakarta after she arrived, Pinot said: “I am still traumatised by all that happened and it has left an impact on me.”

Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Teuku Faizasyah said Singapore police had called the US and Indonesian embassies for assistance.

“After Manohara was secured by the Singaporean police, our embassy staff in Singapore processed all her documents at the hotel within only four hours from 12am to 4am on Sunday so she could go back to Indonesia immediately,” the spokesman said.

Pinot said told the press conference that she wanted a divorce and would file a police report against her estranged husband. — The New Paper

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.p...d-unsung-heroes

Wonder will Indon make this into a movie or drama?

:drinks:

“He told us that the police would definitely protect us regardless of who we were, whether we were foreigners or locals, whether we were rich orpoor.”
:good:

Wonder will Indon make this into a movie or drama?

They have laid a sold foundation for that I guess. All tv channels in Indonesia have their own version of celebrity gossip program (like TV3's Melodi) and all of them are covering this news extensively every single day until today. Even more, it is also being shown in the worldwide Indonesian tv channel MNC Global TV. Here in Saudi Arabia, all Indonesians that I knew know about the story extremely well and being asked the question 'Why Malaysians are so mean?' has become some sort of a routine these few days.

They have laid a sold foundation for that I guess. All tv channels in Indonesia have their own version of celebrity gossip program (like TV3's Melodi) and all of them are covering this news extensively every single day until today. Even more, it is also being shown in the worldwide Indonesian tv channel MNC Global TV. Here in Saudi Arabia, all Indonesians that I knew know about the story extremely well and being asked the question 'Why Malaysians are so mean?' has become some sort of a routine these few days.

I hope this will not turn out to be another flag burning exercise. Damn, guess have to defer visit to Indonesia again. :(

Sign in to follow this