MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MH4 Loss Of Separation With VS251 At Heathrow

MH4 had a near miss with VS251 on 23 October. Apparently Heathrow had ordered MH4 to go around and directed them to a heading that took them to within 3 miles of the Virgin 787.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/10/26/after-near-collision-at-heathrow-mas-says-pilots-followed-sop/

Here's the report from UK Aviation which has a FR24 track of both flights and where exactly did they come across.

https://ukaviation.news/virgin-and-malaysian-near-miss-over-london/

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Let's see how far the FB aviation analysts go this time.

Why does MH fly into London at such a busy time? Why didn't they rent more airspace over London? Why didn't I get my preferred seat on my BKK flight 2 months ago?

This is totally karma for messing up my pre-selected preferred seat on my BKK flight 2 weeks ago. If only MH honoured it like any good airline, it wouldnt be such a dangerous airline to fly with.

Totally MH's fault. They didn't buy the Traffic Separation Package from airbus for the A350. I've also heard they're only running two engines on the A350, and didn't buy the 4 engine package. Cutting costs at every corner ! Disappointing to say the least.

Totally MH's fault. They didn't buy the Traffic Separation Package from airbus for the A350. I've also heard they're only running two engines on the A350, and didn't buy the 4 engine package. Cutting costs at every corner ! Disappointing to say the least.

i believe no any A350 operator opts for the additional 2 engine option. :search: :rofl:

Cutting costs at every corner ! Disappointing to say the least.

Why did they HAVE to fly into LHR during the day and risk the lives of their passengers? They could've flown in at the middle of the night when it's quiet. Clearly, they're too cheap to pay the fines that come with breaking the curfew, all in the name of cost-cutting.

Why did they HAVE to fly into LHR during the day and risk the lives of their passengers? They could've flown in at the middle of the night when it's quiet. Clearly, they're too cheap to pay the fines that come with breaking the curfew, all in the name of cost-cutting.

The real question is why fly to LHR and waste 12 hours of fuel when they couldve just flown the A350 to KCH, both routes accrue 1 elite sector.

The real question is why fly to LHR and waste 12 hours of fuel when they couldve just flown the A350 to KCH, both routes accrue 1 elite sector.

Fantastic idea. Both are overseas destinations, with much traffic too.

I literally spat out my morning coffee when I read this! Golden!

Edited by Imran K.

I literally spat out my morning coffee when I read this! Golden!

Im sure the PM is wondering why the aircraft are not flown to his most important island in the world (LGK)

Im sure the PM is wondering why the aircraft are not flown to his most important island in the world (LGK)

I guess he will prefer the one with four engines and one additional deck package that MAB has subscribed for. :D

And all this while, that presumably novice (virginal) flying object has been spared any share of this ensuing hullabaloo

Let alone those ATC chaps who engineered the scene to start with

It's just not cricket for goodness sake :)

Sign in to follow this