MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

'Romeo Mike' as at 7 July 2005

Hello again everyone. I am sure some if not many, would recall posting on my trip back to KUL from ZRH about approx 3 - 4 months ago on 'Romeo Mike' in one other website.

Remember these photos?......

23Mar2005_9MMRM_5xs.jpg

23Mar2005_9MMRM_3xs.jpg

I remember those. Fantastic pix...but im sure there's more to this thread..rite.. :mellow:

Well, today i was on the way back from long long meeting in Shah Alam and called up my buddy in hangar 4 while driving on federal highway along subang jaya. i asked " the plane still there in hangar 4??". then the reply "yes sir, 'romeo mike'. almost done. come over!!" . then i said "will be there in lightning speed".

Wuhuuuuuuuuuu..........................here is the story............

7July2005_9M-MRM_5xs.jpg

well, hello there 'romeo mike'. nice to see you having a good spa

7July2005_9M-MRM_3xs.jpg

wow, apu is off but the hose pokes thru the window. so i wont be sweating. good!

7July2005_9M-MRM_2xs.jpg

wow!!! first time i see a T7 radar

7July2005_9M-MRM_1xs.jpg

boarding. late for the flight. waaaa, it has got a new paint. no wonder she looks clean and new

WOW!

Spectacular shots of that aircraft bro! I guess the red crayon was washed away after her visit to the spa! :D

Was it undergoing some sort of check..or did something major happen?

On the whole...great pix!

For info, she has been in hangar 4 for the last 2 weeks. She is enjoying 'Extended C- Check' spa. At the same time, new C- Class seats are being installed. Salute to all MH's engineering folks assigned for her. They are working tremendously hard to make sure push back for test flight byTuesday 12th July. No time for them to have a small talk with me. Blessing that I could instead concentrating on clicking clicking and clicking.

Hope you all enjoy my little story........

7July2005_9M-MRM_6xs.jpg

View from seat 2C. Couldnt take from 1A as few technicians sitting on the floor cutting this and that. So confirmed.....first cabin 4 rows of C seats.

7July2005_9M-MRM_7xs.jpg

Seat 2A and 2C. Obviously written on the temporary tape.

7July2005_9M-MRM_8xs.jpg

Seat 4J and 4K. As for me, they are the best seats in first cabin. didnt take the full shot of those seats as to give you all an idea how spacious the room and the aisle behind.

7July2005_9M-MRM_9xs.jpg

Wow. Gameboy. Havent removed the blue protective screen cover.

7July2005_9M-MRM_10xs.jpg

Remember this so that i dont look like a fool to one gorgeous girl seating next to me when travelling in C-class in future. God knows when........

The last picture is soo confusing... :blink: :blink:

Pening man...you need a manual to figure those out!

Ok..Tuesday 12th July...Subang Spotting trip? :)

Azahan, Did u manage to get a glimpse inside the flight deck?!

Sabar laaaaa Imran...... (for pieter. direct translation: "be patient imran!!")

7July2005_9M-MRM_12xs.jpg

Just to make sure I am in the right aircraft. It is quite dusty up-front.

Very nice pictures Azahan. Well done.

Any ideas on when will its 1st commercial flight be ?

I hope I'll get to board it on my flight to Adelaide next Saturday on the 16th.

Oh well, wishful thinking.

Aikkk!!!!! Red box tak de laaaaa........why aaaaa??? (for pieter: Huh!!!! No red box laaaaaaa......kenape aaaaa??)

Looks like they've come up with a new way of saving people from the aircraft...Hang check tak undercarriage? Mana tahu...ada kat bawah? :p (Pieter: Did you check the undercarriage, who knows...could be down there.. :p )

Sorry Hazani, I didn't get your favourite "red box". It might have not existed in the first place. Hangar 4 could be out of red crayon during my visit. But as a consolation, i am happy to trade your "red box" for these...... heheheheheh.......hahahahahaha......

7July2005_9M-MRM_16xs.jpg

Located somewhere behind row 4.

7July2005_9M-MRM_17xs.jpg

Hazani, it must be painful for you doing it without the missing item. Hahahahaha.........

OK. Tidur time (for pieter: "KO. Sleeping masa") ...hehe. Tomorrow nite to continue. Hope all of you enjoy my story so far........

Wow...toilet oso got mirror like that...dah nak jadi mile high wohhh :lol:

Sabar laaaaa Imran......  (for pieter. direct translation: "be patient imran!!")

7July2005_9M-MRM_12xs.jpg

Just to make sure I am in the right aircraft. It is quite dusty up-front.

1242[/snapback]

Azahan,

They got power kaa? Cockpit lighted for seat fixing ?? :huh:

or you switch them ON... :blink:

BTW... nice catch bro..! :D

-

Yes sir. Ground power. APU of course off laaaaaa. Plus I increased the brightness of the LCD screen. Of course, i didnt know, so the licensed engineer showed me where the button was. He said "Twist the lower knob at the corner end left to right". Then i said "Ohhhh like that aaaaaaa. Just like the knob of my desktop monitor............hehe". Se the shot below....

7July2005_9M-MRM_18xs.jpg

One of the three lower white knobs located to the left of the clock.

Guest Fendy

azahan, one question about the seat... how come it is J and K? isnt J suppose to be the middle seat? so the seat numbers should be H and K?

Guest Fendy

really? i always thought it was H and K.... like A and C is missing the B in between... so it will be AC - DFG - HK... maybe its just me go cuckoo ady. haha.

why dont we ask the real sifus.......TK or Mushrif........or check MH website under 'seat plan' in 'fleet'. but i am dead sure it is J and K.

Thanks Azahan. I have always enjoyed your pictures, especially views and angles of planes not normally seen. I love the B777, very 'fierce' looking from the front.

Very informative photos brother Azahan :)

Did you friend mentione to you which 777 will be painted with blue special livery?

Guest Fendy
why dont we ask the real sifus.......TK or Mushrif........or check MH website under 'seat plan' in 'fleet'. but i am dead sure it is J and K.

1257[/snapback]

azahan, it appears you are right, although on the 744 right side is H and K. i wonder why is this?

Sign in to follow this