MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

Chaity spotting 7/21/05 & met Norman

I was on an unscheduled spotting on 7/21/05. Unscheduled because I was on leave and had some work to do in Desa petaling in the morning. After that, I was supposed to collect a PosLaju from Shah Alam.

While travelling in LDP towards Shah Alam, around Subang Jaya and saw this big signboard pointing to KLIA. So, turned off at Subang Jaya exit and ended up in KLIA 32L. :lol:

MAS 744 landing

yaqjmx.jpg

I was happy for about 30 mins and 32L was closed at about 11:40AM :angry:

I make a detour to 14L and try my luck there.

Managed to take this, Saudi 744

yaqjmm.jpg

After that, turned back to KLIA terminal and took a few shots near Anjung Tinjau.

yaqjme.jpg

It was quite boring as not many planes coming in and later I saw planes landing in 32L. Hurriedly getting away from the terminal and drove to 32L.

This was the first plane I caught.

yaqjmp.jpg

This...

yaqjmj.jpg

And this...

yaqjmg.jpg

I was wondering how often is this Fokker 100 coming to KLIA ? Daily ?

At about 4:30PM, went down to the bushes to take some "artistic" shots and got this.... :lol:

yaqjml.jpg

That was the time Norman came and found me in the bushes. Thanks to him and I got to know MalaysianWings.

Here's our spotter in action !

yaqjre.jpg

It was a fun day for me and reached home like a red lobster. :lol:

Chaity,

Love your KLM 744 shot: did you notice the "new" logo on the nose-section ??

Where originally the name was, is now the Air France - KLM logo, and the name was moved up to the blue-part underneath the Skyteam logo - up to now, only PH-BFU and PH-BFY have made this change, so you were quite lucky to see PH-BFY on the 21st :D

Merpati is interesting; it was published overhere before, they would use the CN235, which was doubted by a few members overhere, so, apparently, it's the "good old" Dutch-made Fokker F100 :p

Chaity,

Love your KLM 744 shot: did you notice the "new" logo on the nose-section ??

Where originally the name was, is now the Air France - KLM logo, and the name was moved up to the blue-part underneath the Skyteam logo - up to now, only PH-BFU and PH-BFY have made this change, so you were quite lucky to see PH-BFY on the 21st  :D

Merpati is interesting; it was published overhere before, they would use the CN235, which was doubted by a few members overhere, so, apparently, it's the "good old" Dutch-made Fokker F100  :p

3461[/snapback]

------------------------------

Thank you guys for your comments.

Norman sure sturdy like an anchor and with his Lumix on hand, click, click, click. :lol: I like that shot especially the "star" of the photo, Norman.

Hey! He is even bigger than a B744. :D

Pieter, I don't have much knowledge about the Air France/KLM logo. Perhaps you can point me if there is a thread somewhere to read about it.

Wow! Only 2 planes with that logo.

When were they first painted ?

Anymore will be painted soon ?

Chaity,

In the end, all Air France and KLM planes will feature this logo, but up to now, only BFU and BFY have them applied:

If you look closely to the 1st door in this particular picture, the name is in white on the blue-section and the logo in the white-section in dark-blue, just to the left of this door ;)

Have to search the web for you to point you more specifically to this logo, but probably it's shown on the AF and KL webistes as well B)

Sign in to follow this