MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Ng

Qatar Airways Increasing Capacity to KUL

Qatar Airways Expands Seat Capacity For KL-Doha Route

November 17, 2006 14:06 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 17 (Bernama) -- Qatar Airways is expanding seat capacity by 27 per cent for its existing Kuala Lumpur-Doha route to cater to the increase in demand for business and leisure travel between Malaysia and the Middle Eastern countries.

"The increase in seat capacity is in line with the increased market demand from Malaysia," the airline's area manager for Malaysia, Alan Chua, said in a statement Friday.

"The number of Malaysian business travellers going to the Middle East has been growing steadily over the past few years, fuelled by stronger trade ties between Malaysia and the Middle Eastern countries," he said.

Chua said Doha-Kuala Lumpur is one of the most popular routes for Qatar Airways' Far East region where the airline is currently serving 12 destinations.

Its flight in and out of Malaysia have been successful, offering excellent connections over its hub in Doha to destinations across the Middle East, he added.

According to Tourism Malaysia's statistics, tourists from the Middle Eastern countries are an important market for Malaysia.

For instance, more than 147,600 tourists from Middle Eastern countries visited Malaysia in 2005, an increase of 17 percent over the previous year.

"With Visit Malaysia Year 2007 around the corner, we foresee an increase in tourist arrivals from the Middle East. Qatar Airways, with our regular flights frequency, is in strong position to meet the demands of our travellers to Malaysia," Chua said.

Currently, Qatar Airways flies seven times a week between Kuala Lumpur and Doha, the capital state of Qatar.

-- BERNAMA

Does this mean they will be flying in their A330 instead of the usual AB6?

If so, then great news!

Does this mean they will be flying in their A330 instead of the usual AB6?

If so, then great news!

Seems so :p

Seems so :p

The article doesn't give me any hint about 330 coming to KUL, perhaps more frequency, means more AB6..........dunno if this is a good news or bad for spotters :nea:

Edited by Seth K

Maybe they feel 'the heat' of EY and want to protect their market-share ? :o

The article doesn't give me any hint about 330 coming to KUL, perhaps more frequency, means more AB6..........dunno if this is a good news or bad for spotters :nea:

I hope not. I don't mind flying the AB6 for short-haul flight but definately not between KUL/DOH. Besides, deploying the 332 or 333 to KUL is looooooooong overdue.

Edited by Isaac

Maybe they feel 'the heat' of EY and want to protect their market-share ? :o

Thought so, how come KUL is the most important route in East region if SIN and BKK gets better equipment and more seats>>>> <_ shouldn the important one get priority>

you're right seth, that's just a load of crap as usual. i hate it when they think that all of us are naive enough to believe their crap statements.

every single airline that flies to KUL say that it is their 'hub' in the region....

the only ones i know is KLM (and even they fly to SIN daily with 772); SV; BG (daily DC10 according to amadeus).

QR flew to KUL early on but concentrated on BKK and SIN more - they had A330 flights from the beginning while KUL is still served with a crappy old A300-600.

i have been so reluctant to fly with QR back to KUL from LHR although i really want to fly on their A346 enroute from LHR-DOH .. just because of the AB6.. hope they will change the bird soon to at least an A332.. then i will have my reason to buy a cheaper ticket.. and of course to have my first time on A346..

i have been so reluctant to fly with QR back to KUL from LHR although i really want to fly on their A346 enroute from LHR-DOH .. just because of the AB6.. hope they will change the bird soon to at least an A332.. then i will have my reason to buy a cheaper ticket.. and of course to have my first time on A346..

You can do LHR-DOH on their 346 and spen a little bit more money on DOH-AUH/DXB, and take EK or EY to KUL..if you are willing to spend a few more bucks. But no sweat, you still can catch A346 later :good:

Taxi fare between AUH and DXB is not cheap. But cheaper than London's.

:drinks:

AUH-DXB v.v. is provided by EY bus-service, takes 1hr30mins and is included in the fare (so no additional taxi-fare to pay) ;)

from 30th December 2009 onwards, QR will increase their KUL service from daily to 11 weekly ...

Qatar Airways (QR624)

Dep : 02:15 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 14:50 - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

Equipment : Change of equipment

Qatar Airways (QR622)

Dep : 08:35 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 21:10 - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

Qatar Airways (QR620)

Dep : 20:05 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 08:40 +1 day(s) - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

did few mock up bookings, QR 620 will be 773ER!

from 30th December 2009 onwards, QR will increase their KUL service from daily to 11 weekly ...

Qatar Airways (QR624)

Dep : 02:15 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 14:50 - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

Qatar Airways (QR622)

Dep : 08:35 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 21:10 - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

Qatar Airways (QR620)

Dep : 20:05 - Doha (DOH)

Arr : 08:40 +1 day(s) - Kuala Lumpur (KUL)

did few mock up bookings, QR 620 will be 773ER!

I was informed by my QR friends today that the flight to KUL for the new schedule will be a mixture of A330-300 and 777-300ER - 335 pax (42J/293Y)- good news for fellow spotters in KUL.

and rumours has it that MH is monitoring DOH-KUL sector closely through the codeshare ticket sales. Might Doha be one of the 3 new Middle East destinations as mentioned in the press before? I do hope so. ;)

From a close friend:

Hi. Qatar tgh sale until 20 March. KL - UK/Europe RM 2,100 - RM 2,400 return all in. Travel by 31 Oct.

Azizul,

This is your chance to do a mileage-run on my favorite airline !!! :p

Further on the online booking sale of Qatar Airways:

Destinations -

EUR - ARN/ATH/CDG/CMN/DME/ESB/FCO/FRA/GVA/IST/LON/MAD/MAN/MUC/MXP/VIE/ZRH/CPH - MYR1300 Ycls, MYR9000 Ccls, excluding taxes

* ESB & IST - promo is valid only on Ycls

ME & GCC - AUH/BAH MYR2000 excluding taxes

USA - JFK - MYR2700 Ycls, MYR14000 Ccls, excluding taxes

Sales period: 12-20Mar2010

Travel period: 12Mar-31Oct2010 Blackout date applies

*CPH - valid for travel from 30Mar

fares are valid for travel ex/KUL to the above listed destinations

Please be informed ticket purchased is valid on flight date shown. No date change is allowed. No refund allowed as well.

Log on to qatarairways.com for further info, or you can pm me :)

Edited by nastar

Further on the online booking sale of Qatar Airways:

Destinations -

EUR - ARN/ATH/CDG/CMN/DME/ESB/FCO/FRA/GVA/IST/LON/MAD/MAN/MUC/MXP/VIE/ZRH/CPH - MYR1300 Ycls, MYR9000 Ccls, excluding taxes

* ESB & IST - promo is valid only on Ycls

ME & GCC - AUH/BAH MYR2000 excluding taxes

USA - JFK - MYR2700 Ycls, MYR14000 Ccls, excluding taxes

wow..it's cheaper to head to EUR than GCC.. :D

As in general, yield to EUR is much lower compare to ME & GCC. This is mainly due to the frequency & capacity, competitors and etc..

Azizul, This is your chance to do a mileage-run on my favorite airline !!!

Indeed it is tempting. But I couldn't bear having to open up a new FFP. 4 is enough I guess, my polygamy quota has full LOL.

Indeed it is tempting. But I couldn't bear having to open up a new FFP. 4 is enough I guess, my polygamy quota has full LOL.

Check www.qmiles.com for reciprocal earnings; I've heard, QR has good mileage for UA/US mileage collectors...

I've been looking around for fares KUL-LON and it seems Qatar is the cheapest. RM3449 return, all in. Does anyone else have cheaper fares?

By the way, I'm assuming Qatar's in-flight product is the same between all their Airbus aircraft, correct?

Hope someone can help, thanks.

I've been looking around for fares KUL-LON and it seems Qatar is the cheapest. RM3449 return, all in. Does anyone else have cheaper fares?

By the way, I'm assuming Qatar's in-flight product is the same between all their Airbus aircraft, correct?

Hope someone can help, thanks.

Yes there is another airline at 3,295 all in.

Apparently they don't. Let see, MH has code share agreement with:

• QR on KUL-DOH vv
  • GF on KUL-BAH vv
  • MS on KUL-CAI vv
  • EY on KUL-AUH vv, AUH-MCT vv, AUH-KWI vv, AUH-BAH vv

And just that.

On QR, it should be corrected that MH has code share agreement with QR not only on KUL-DOH v.v. MH-QR also have an agreement on sector KUL-PEN v.v., KUL-LGK v.v. AND KUL-PER v.v.. All these three(3) routes (obviously) operated by MH metal.

The agreement is from 28March2010 and it has been updated on the GDS.

Breaking news guys!

QR to operate a new tag-on KUL-HKT vv (Phuket) on one of its daily flight into KUL beginning 11 October 2010. This is a much welcomed news after QR dropped their KUL-DPS vv tag-on on 1 January 2010 and moved it to SIN instead.

http://www.moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=40&doc_id=24489

Thanks on the news about QR,MAR;Looks like it will be DOH-KUL-HKT. About QR flights to DPS,that's mean it's DOH-SIN-DPS.

Sign in to follow this