Naim

More than 20 stranded at LCCT

I wonder what really happened.

===

The Star

Saturday March 22, 2008

More than 20 stranded at LCCT

By RASHITHA A. HAMID

PETALING JAYA: More than 20 passengers were left stranded at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), claiming that the boarding gate for their flight to Brisbane was closed earlier than scheduled.

They claimed that the boarding time for Air Asia X Flight D7-2702 to Gold Coast, Australia, closed at 8.30pm, and the flight took off 10 minutes earlier at 9.40pm.

It is learnt that most of the stranded passengers were Australians.

The passengers claimed that airline did not inform them about the re-scheduled timing of the flight in advance.

One of the stranded passengers, Mark Jason Thomas, 28, who is a local, said no one was allowed to get pass the boarding gate after 8.30pm.

He said when they checked with airport personnel, they were told that the flight was re-scheduled earlier by 10 minutes.

Another passenger, Mohd Nasir Mohamad Ashraf, said an Air Asia X official suggested that the passengers wait for the next flight to the Gold Coast on Sunday morning.

He said the airline refused to compensate or arrange any accommodation for the stranded tourists.

Thomas said the passengers had all reconfirmed their tickets earlier.

One of the passengers lodged a report on the incident at the LCCT police station.

===

closed at 8.30pm, and the flight took off 10 minutes earlier at 9.40pm.

Yes, I know this, but I wonder what *really* happened. Y'know, any story from the press, I already discount 50% as a start.

Assuming the flight to OOL is full, the other 295 passengers managed to check in on time. This 20 stranded passengers comprise of only 20/315 = 6% of the total load.

From the report, it states that the BOARDING gate was shut at a certain time, arent all airlines in the world supposed to allow checked in pax into the plane, with a grace time of 10 minutes ? In this case, based on the report above, the pax had already checked in and were denied boarding at the boarding gate....how is that ? Looks like AK is trying to outdo the other airlines to be super efficient ?

My colleague last week had a sms about a flight that was delayed in the night, only the wrong destination was sent to her, instead of KCH, she got the delayed flight information for CNX. How about international pax ? Something has to be done to accommodate them as they may not have a phone line here for emergency sms. Wonder how it will work out for the long hauls to UK and Europe if this ever happens ?

:help: :help: :help:

closed at 8.30pm, and the flight took off 10 minutes earlier at 9.40pm.

The last passenger boarded and waited in the plane for 1hr10min before it took off??

Edited by Simon

we must wait for a confirmation of akx for that ....

I don't know about this...I've seen tons of complaints about AK before and NOT ONCE have I ever seen them reply.

Definitely the press put in the wrong timing. AK or D7 flights practices this: Boarding gate closes 10 mins before flight. What i beleive the scenerio is this: They were not at the gate during boarding time & when they decide to stroll to the departure gate, our friends just realised that they have got offloaded. 10 mins before STD, capt will call for Annex17 & these passengers with their luggages will be offloaded. They have to do that to keep their time in schedule & i don't think there is any problem with that. We practice that all the time. I sincerely agree with an earlier reply, these 6% of them have no excuse to blame the company as 94% have boarded the acft.Victor

I don't know about this...I've seen tons of complaints about AK before and NOT ONCE have I ever seen them reply.
I beleive Guest Support will not actually reply to any complaints when what the pax is complaining is stated clearly in the T&C. Eg: AK free baggage allowance:15kg, 1kg excess, we charge. I beleive they will receive hundreds of this similiar complaint daily, but this is what the company practices, so understand the T&C, if one is too lazy to read, ask the staffs. We no longer have the free waiver for baggage, it's all bout the money, yeh!!Victor

Still, I believe it's good PR to respond, yes? ;)

OK, they actually responded. Haha. :) First time I've seen.

AirAsia: Stranded group came late

PETALING JAYA: Some passengers missed their AirAsia X flight to Brisbane on Saturday because they had arrived late at the check-in counter, said the low-cost carrier.

AirAsia regional head of communications Joyce Lai said a thorough investigation revealed that the stranded passengers arrived there at approximately 8.55pm. The check-in counter had closed at 8.30pm.

“The rescheduled time for the AirAsia X flight D7-2702 to Gold Coast to 10 minutes earlier had nothing to do with them being stranded as they were already behind schedule.”

Lai was responding to a news report in The Star on Saturday, in which the passengers claimed the boarding gate was closed earlier than scheduled.

The more than 20 passengers, some of whom are Australians, claimed the boarding gate was closed at 8.30pm, while the flight took off at 9.40pm – 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled departure time.

Note the timing (uh, again? :) ).

Edited by H Azmal

AK or D7 flights practices this: Boarding gate closes 10 mins before flight.

My bet on this, have confirmed with colleagues, the gate for D7 closes 30mins before dept time. Printed clearly on boarding pass.

Edited by Victor Goh

Still, I believe it's good PR to respond, yes? ;)

OK, they actually responded. Haha. :) First time I've seen.

Note the timing (uh, again? :) ).

Oh, so that is the story, they arrived late & was refused check-in, nothing to do with boarding gate la. Fair enough for late comers, don't you think? That means the timing they reported refers to the time for check-in counter closed & time departed. Then, it's correct lor...

not much to say , passenger arrrive late at airport ...... pitty them also la ...but wat to do .... T&C applies :p

Sign in to follow this