MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T Azahan

Kuala Terengganu Sultan Mahmud WMKN/TGG

I was back in Kuala Terengganu to meet my parents. Obviously i brought my Nikon along (stupid not to do so). So I had a lot of free time visiting TGG as the airport was practically 10mins from my kampung house.

TGG is a small airport with no aerobridge. On average there are 3 MH flights and 2 sometimes 3 AK flights. Both to/from KUL. So nothing compared to our spotting to KLIA. No big deal to see B737 at KLIA. Wasting memory card space. But at TGG, a B737 is heaven for me. And it is really a big deal to see two B737s on the tarmac at one go. So, I tried to make my visits to TGG as interesting and exciting as possible.

Shots taken on 2nd and 3rd Sept. Enjoy folks.....

Few samples of shots taken morning and evening. Taken at the end of runway facing the beautiful beach and South China Sea. Will load some more.

user posted image

no bl***y way we can take this angle at KLIA. hehehe

user posted image

so close!! and i just used my kit lense....

user posted image

cool man. cool!!!

user posted image

i was about to be blown off from take off thrust. wuhuuuu......syiok oooh....

user posted image

you wanna take this sort of shot....you are welcome to TGG. guys, guess the difference between the bump of AK and that of MH on previous shot. notice any different??

Azahan,

Fabulous shots and sooooooooooo close biggrin.gif

Noticed a different flap setting for take-off smile.gif

Isn't this where my favorite MIG29's are based ??? Any photos of these smokers ???

Guest Fendy

azahan, fabulous angles! love the shots bro!

the AK shot, FO pointing at you ah?

can't tell but the AK has no tail-skid?

Also, notice on the AK that it has no vortex generators around the empennage assembly.. interesting.. I remember the 733s having those...

could be wrong though!

Guest Fendy

remember, AK is -300 MH is -400 got subtle differences besides the length...

pieter, the MiG29 is based at kuantan, not TGG.

common gavin/fendy. you should be more than a pro by now. spot the difference! it is obvious. tip.....two differences!

Nice pics Azahan. I'm planning to fly to TGG myself soon, my first ever as that's the only major airport in the peninsular that I have not flown to. Usually I drive to Terengganu to feed on the sotong bakar near Marang and an overnight at Dahimah's in Rantau Abang. Always nice to visit there..."Find Yourself in Terengganu" as the slogan goes.

Err... no keropok lekor ke? tongue.gif

ok now, sequence of shots of of Quebec Charlie backtracking and taking off. 1st flight out to KUL on 2nd Sept for 8.55am departure. by the time it reached in front of me, it was 9.01am. and yes i was almost blown off by the jet blast. thank god it wasnt trent 892. enjoy!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

nice clear picture... You Pic always A.net Quality.. anyway no nose shoot ?? laugh.gif

cheers rozhan! go to TGG. follow the small road parallel to the runway and u will end up at the beach. there is a gate ( it is locked by the way) right at the end of the runway. a gap in between the gate and its frame is enough to poke my kit lense. careful of the jet blast during full power. dont play play with cfm engines. right radzi???

pieter...

now i dont have to spend money to go to schipol to take close shot at polderban.i have polderban here which is merely 10mins from my backyard. heheh

ibrahim and sing yew. cheers bros. something different eh?? hope you enjoy it. lucky the morning sun was right behind me. at least TGG has its own sweet spot!

soory laaa ibrahim...this is the closest i could get for the nose. i didnt bring my sigma lense. should have brought @#$%@!!!!!

user posted image

Azahan, nice shots.

I remember going to watch planes in the airport when my father was based in KT. I used to spot at road next to the airport. From that angle you can see the aircraft land and Rotate.

The best time to spot would be at night. around 9 plus. That is the time when Air Asia will land first followed by MAS , and then Air Asia will take off followed by MAS.

Azahan, if you had gone spotting at night, you could have taken the pics of Both MAS and Air Asia facing each other.

Yes Azahan, I know that road. My friend and former work colleague who now works in his hometown Terengganu took me to the road near the beach for some fabulous plates of fried squid and fish in flour at the stalls there. Deeelicious... I forgot the name of the place, but the road leading to it is rather narrow. You are making me want to go there ASAP! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Anyone who visits TGG must go there. I'm already longing for the air buah gelas besar (freshly squeezed fruit juice in ultra large glasses) I remember there is a small shop along the road to the airport, to the left, after the bridge. A famous one I've been told.

yup you are right tharan.

in the morning you would also see 2 of them on the tarmac. but ak will land and take off first.

rozhan,

yup it is like festival especially on friday late afternoon as it is a 'sunday' for terengganu. and it is fun to see folks regardless of age stopping their cars, motorbikes or bicycles to witness the aircraft coming towards them. really, it is good to unwind after all the stress in KUL. and they practically laughed when i tried to cover my face from the jetblast. they thought i was crazy. must be radzi pushing the throttle just to spoil my day. heheh. kidding radzi. actually i love your jet blast. push the throttle some more next time. go rozhan, go!!

once when i was spotting in terengganu, i overheard an old man talking to his grandson...

Case 1

Grandson : atuk, kapal ni nak gi ke mana nih ?

Grandpa : Tuk ingat kapal ni nak pegi luar kr negara asing. negara orang putih.

translation

granson : granpa, where is this plane going ?

granpa : I think it is going overseas

Case 2

Few kids was standing and watching a 737 begins its takeoff roll

Kid 1 : aaa ...itu dia itu dia.... dah nak ligat dah ......

Kid 2 : laju betulll

Kid 3 : ala ...saya naik basikal lagi laju.....

If the 'Mat Rempits' (daredevil motorcycle riders) think they are fast on their ...ahem... machines, they might as well race with a B734, or B777... and see who's king!! Oh! They can start a kilometre ahead to give them a good headstart wink.gif

can jonathan. so you,TK and i can go spotting. not to worry we have extra rooms for you to stay with us. and you can have keropok lekor for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all i care.

Good angle pics... Azahan.

But I still like the one where u were sitting on the tayar of the T7. tongue.gif

Just one question.. how did u avoid snapping the pic of the pagar? Or the airport dun have pagar one?