MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
David.W

MAB brings back Malaysian Hospitality MH branding?

What happened with the collaboration with Farah Khan? Is this one of a few that will surface later? Nice ad, like SQ minus the sarong kebaya.

Great vid but yes it's too identical to SQ.

I do hope they continue to put the emphasis on the cabin crew, for their own morale if nothing else.

I am not sure if this is a good PR material.

I agree the campaign's concept is too SQish. Perhaps MH needs to get away from that and get a new direction.

Given the current mood of the country, the Malaysian Hospitality campaign may not be the best. I don't really feel the connection. Time has change. Malaysian hospitality is good perhaps 20 years ago.

Also the "place your right hand above your heart, smile, bow slightly and utter a greeting" is not organic to me. To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture?

MH need to be current and really find their identity in these changing environment I think.

I am not sure if this is a good PR material.

I agree the campaign's concept is too SQish. Perhaps MH needs to get away from that and get a new direction.

Given the current mood of the country, the Malaysian Hospitality campaign may not be the best. I don't really feel the connection. Time has change. Malaysian hospitality is good perhaps 20 years ago.

Also the "place your right hand above your heart, smile, bow slightly and utter a greeting" is not organic to me. To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture?

MH need to be current and really find their identity in these changing environment I think.

To be fair, the marketing was planned months in advance.

When MH deviates from SQ standards, they get bashed for behaving like an LCC. Now, when they try to do something SQish, people have a problem with that too.

I just dont get it.

When MH deviates from SQ standards, they get bashed for behaving like an LCC. Now, when they try to do something SQish, people have a problem with that too.

I just dont get it.

Yes, what is wrong with copying a formula that works, especially since both airlines share the same heritage.

If they want to strike out with something totally new, they should also get new branding too. Get rid of the Wau logo, design a new progressive livery, new cabins, etc. Then we will really see something 100% new, inside and out!

To recap, the gesture was originally introduced in the 1990's by former Tourism Minister, Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir and subsequent Ministers had to revive it as it was new and has never been part of our culture.I mean how often do you see people on the street giving the gesture?

Actually I think it's quite common at restaurants and hotels.

I find it so odd to introduce this welcoming gesture.

Promotion/advertisement should be consistent with products offering else customers could feel short changed and back fired like five star value carrier and what not.

I just dont get it.

Yes, what is wrong with copying a formula that works, especially since both airlines share the same heritage.

If they want to strike out with something totally new, they should also get new branding too. Get rid of the Wau logo, design a new progressive livery, new cabins, etc. Then we will really see something 100% new, inside and out!

Hi-Five.

I wonder if the One Malaysia logos have been removed yet ?

And whether the Negaraku livery will live on (I know it's quite neutral and apolitical per se, but ......)

:)

And whether the Negaraku livery will live on (I know it's quite neutral and apolitical per se, but ......)

1Malaysia is no longer relevant to MH branding now.

Negaraku livery is fine....just don't add Hebatkan into the mix. Could be toxic.

Although come to think of it, the majority responded to the Hebatkan Negaraku challenge by dumping the thieves at the helm.

Ok, ok... back to topic...

1Malaysia is no longer relevant to MH branding now.

It never was - politicians pressured MH to stick it on.

I just dont get it.

it's just that other people have their own opinion so as you, nothing serious about it

it's just that other people have their own opinion so as you, nothing serious about it

In a forum like this, different opinions are of course welcome and respected. In the same spirit, I'm sure you can agree that when one participates in a discussion, one should be prepared to accept differing views with an open heart, including having inconsistencies in one's opinions pointed out. That inconsistency, in this case, is how MH gets flak for just about everything they do, even if they take a step towards behaving like SQ—widely regarded on this forum as the golden standard.

This isn't about refusing to accept the opinion of others. On the contrary, my reply was entirely in the spirit of facilitating a meaningful discussion. I didn't resort to personal attacks/name-calling/flaunting my profession when disagreeing with others :)

In a forum like this, different opinions are of course welcome and respected. In the same spirit, I'm sure you can agree that when one participates in a discussion, one should be prepared to accept differing views with an open heart, including having inconsistencies in one's opinions pointed out. That inconsistency, in this case, is how MH gets flak for just about everything they do, even if they take a step towards behaving like SQ—widely regarded on this forum as the golden standard.

This isn't about refusing to accept the opinion of others. On the contrary, my reply was entirely in the spirit of facilitating a meaningful discussion. I didn't resort to personal attacks/name-calling/flaunting my profession when disagreeing with others :)

so just accept the fact that other ppl may have different opinion about this new campaign, why do you want to force ppl to agree with you?? and yeah right you are a peace loving non confrontational ppl and see your comment in other topic and you are the person who tried to relieve old issue on MAVCOM, dont try to be clever coz ur not! and that's ur idea of not making personal attack??? WHAT A JOKE!

and yeah right you are a peace loving non confrontational ppl and see your comment in other topic...

I'm sure Chris will be extremely pleased you view him in such a positive light.

and you are the person who tried to relieve old issue on MAVCOM, dont try to be clever coz ur not! and that's ur idea of not making personal attack???

Yes. That's what people who try to make peace on forums do. Relieve things. That's the spirit of a good discussion.

WHAT A JOKE!

Yes. That's also a good point. Humor makes the forum a much better place :)

Excellent observations all round!

Edited by Suzanne Goh

I'm sure Chris will be extremely pleased you view him in such a positive light.

and you are the person who tried to relieve old issue on MAVCOM, dont try to be clever coz ur not! and that's ur idea of not making personal attack???

Yes. That's what people who try to make peace on forums do. Relieve things. That's the spirit of a good discussion.

WHAT A JOKE!

Yes. That's also a good point. Humor makes the forum a much better place :)

Excellent observations all round!

you dont make peace by offending people and try to relieve old feud that's for sure! where's ur logic??

Khalil, Suzanne and Chris need to have their own thread, who knows when they put their heads together they could come up with some mind blowing strategies to fix everything that's wrong in the world of commercial aviation (and perhaps to find solutions to their never ending feud) just so that not every thread degenerates into their long-standing petty argument.

Khalil, Suzanne and Chris need to have their own thread, who knows when they put their heads together they could come up with some mind blowing strategies to fix everything that's wrong in the world of commercial aviation (and perhaps to find solutions to their never ending feud) just so that not every thread degenerates into their long-standing petty argument.

Not sure what you mean. Ive been nothing but agreeable and encouraging to our friend here. Ive enquired as to his plan to severely punish MH for their transgressions and dastardly deeds with the whole row 1 saga, via a boldly and strongly placed complaint to mavcom, even seeking his guidance on how I would proceed should he succeed.

Ive even overlooked the use of those misogynistic terms he used on me. Im sure he didnt mean it.

Feud ? Most assuredly not :) I said it back then and Im saying it again now. We are on the same side. 😊

Sign in to follow this