Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.

Photo

Helicopter Carrying Muhyiddin Makes Emergency Landing In Tuaran

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Andi C

Andi C
  • Gold Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

Helicopter Carrying Muhyiddin Makes Emergency Landing In Tuaran

KOTA KINABALU, Aug 16 (Bernama) -- A military Nuri helicopter carrying Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin made a forced landing in Tuaran, about 45km from here, due to bad weather.

There were 14 other passengers in the helicopter, including Muhyiddin's press secretary Datuk Ainon Mohd and Sabah Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Yahya Hussin.

All passengers, however, escaped unhurt.

According to Ainon, they were heading to the Kota Kinabalu International Airport from Kudat after the deputy minister opened the Kudat Umno division meeting at about 1.45pm.

"He is scheduled to open the Penampang Umno division meeting later today," she told Bernama here.

Ainon said following the incident, Muhyiddin had asked Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman to open the Umno meeting in Penampang on his behalf.

Meanwhile, speaking to reporters at the airport before leaving for Kuala Lumpur, Muhyiddin said he was grateful that all passengers in the helicopter were safe.

While admitting that this was the first time he ever experienced the suspense of an emergency landing, Muhyiddin said:"I think the pilot had made the right decision (emergency landing) because the weather was really bad."

-- BERNAMA

FYI Tuaran is located to the north of Kota Kinabalu

#2 Li Ren

Li Ren
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Luckily no one was hurt.... :drinks:
  • rayner likes this

#3 Fahiruz

Fahiruz
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Since when TUDM is a part of Biro Pengangkutan UMNO?

#4 Victor A.

Victor A.
  • Gold Member
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

Damn..Damn..Damn...should have crash land...
  • Desmond C likes this

#5 farhan zulkifli

farhan zulkifli
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

haha..mana boleh nak rasmi UMNO meeting division pakai helikopter TUDM..wakaka

#6 Naim

Naim

• Platinum Member
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

Since when TUDM is a part of Biro Pengangkutan UMNO?

Kuala Dimensi jets no longer available, bro. :D

#7 BC Tam

BC Tam
  • Platinum Member
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hopefully this will assist to accelerate the Nuri replacement programme, though incident not attributable to any hardware issue

Yeah, the sky looked quite ferocious from the northward direction earlier today
Been wet here for good part of the day too

Kuala Dimensi jets no longer available, bro. :D

I thought only off limits to MCA top gun only ? :P

#8 Ignatius

Ignatius

I have an Addiction!!

• Platinum Member
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'd prefer it to crashland and everyone was injured in some minor way.. you know.. so that they know how blardy old the Nuri's are and get on with the purchase of the new heli's...!!!

#9 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,133 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

This is what the Minister of Defence has been praying for... a billion dollar helicopter purchase contract! He must now be rubbing his hands with glee! :D

Yes, misuse and abuse of nation's assets! :finger:

#10 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

According to Ainon, they were heading to the Kota Kinabalu International Airport from Kudat after the deputy minister opened the Kudat Umno division meeting at about 1.45pm.

So what is the MACC doing? Sleeping?

#11 MIR

MIR
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

Was it a Sikorsky S-61 Nuri or the white VIP Agusta AS-61N1 :pardon:

Yes, misuse and abuse of nation's assets! :finger:

I remembered back in 2003 or 2004 while eating at Tasik Raban, Lenggong, Perak...the DPM at that time landed in the RMAF BlackHawk on a school field to attend his party meeting.

Edited by MIR, 16 August 2009 - 09:57 PM.

#12 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

Was it a Sikorsky S-61 Nuri or the white VIP Agusta AS-61N1 :pardon:

I remembered back in 2003 or 2004 while eating at Tasik Raban, Lenggong, Perak...the DPM at that time landed in the RMAF BlackHawk on on a school field to attend his party meeting.

According to TV3 pictures, it is the green ones.

Anyway these abuse of government assets has been going on for a long time, and since PR side never make a fuss about it, it is fair to assume they intend to do the same when they are in power.

#13 Azreen

Azreen
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Anyway these abuse of government assets has been going on for a long time, and since PR side never make a fuss about it, it is fair to assume they intend to do the same when they are in power.

Sounds about rite Capt.

#14 H Azmal

H Azmal
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

If these people knew how to differentiate between party property and government property, rasanya none of the pembangkangs would ever live to see the light of the next GE... :)

#15 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,133 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hahaha, yes but at the rate the MACC is doing things, they might never get to see the insides of TUDM aircraft! ;)

#16 Nik H.

Nik H.
  • Gold Member
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

I think it was a precautionary landing. Good decision by the Pilot to wait for weather improvement. No big deal at all.

Don't know much about the related political issues and the MACC etc etc. But I'd dare a guess that the DPM and the PM and to a smaller extent the Cabinet Ministers does have some allocated hours for use of RMAF Transport equipment.

These flights could have been programmed into or around Pilot Training Navex and general handling exercises for pilot profiency. In other words, instead of just flying around the training flights empty, these flights are also used to carry these VIPs around. Quite normal in times of peace.

Seems like there are some trigger happy forummers here just as there are in the Gomen. Both sides occasionally shooting own foot :)

#17 flee

flee
  • Platinum Member
  • 11,133 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

I think that VVIPs like PM and DPM would definitely not be on training flights! Note that most accidents happen during training flights. In this case, the pilot (knowing the limitations of his aircraft) might have just exercised his common sense and decided not to risk flying through bad weather. So it was a good call - better to be safe than sorry.

#18 Aaron Goh

Aaron Goh
  • Silver Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

Capt,
MACC still checking building windows.

Btw, any clues to what really happened?

#19 Nik H.

Nik H.
  • Gold Member
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

I think that VVIPs like PM and DPM would definitely not be on training flights! Note that most accidents happen during training flights. In this case, the pilot (knowing the limitations of his aircraft) might have just exercised his common sense and decided not to risk flying through bad weather. So it was a good call - better to be safe than sorry.

You think wrongly.

There are various types of training flights, and these kinds of flights also includes audit flights. On many of these flights for VIPs, trainees are utilised as another pair of eyes for the crew, augmentation cruise duties for long haul multi sector operations etc etc. Just the other day I met a friend from DCA who flew the PM to Kuching on the ACJ. By all intent and purpose, that can be considered a training flight as an audit was also carried out on the operations of Jet Premier One.

Certainly the RMAF will not put VIPS on endorsement, aerobatic and/or airworks flights.

#20 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

But I'd dare a guess that the DPM and the PM and to a smaller extent the Cabinet Ministers does have some allocated hours for use of RMAF Transport equipment.

As long as they travel as a government official (PM, DPM or whatsoever) then it is their right to do so. Only if they travel on purely personal or party purposes that it will attract some concern.

In this case he could declare the DPM meeting the people session, then it will be okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users