MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jani

MAB Negaraku Special Livery

For Merdeka Parade, a la SQ A380? Looks nice, wonder how long the fuselage will stay shiny.

Edited by suadrif

For Merdeka Parade, a la SQ A380? Looks nice, wonder how long the fuselage will stay shiny.

Let the "who wore it better?" debate with the Singaporeans begin :p

This is really nice - if only we could have this as the livery for all the fleet. The flag speaks of the nation - Malaysia, and MAB as the "national" airline. It also reflects the colour scheme of the "wau" - red and blue. It incorporates the "swoosh" but in a much more striking way. I must say this is the best so far in years - comparing to the "ribbon" on A380 and the swoosh on the rest of the fleet. Well done. Looking forward to seeing the livery on the A350 itself!

I don't like it:

(In my opinion)

1. Head on, the aircraft will have a grumpy/frowning face :( like on China Airlines livery.

2. The basic design is very Aeroflot (which is not good as the Russian who shot down MH17).

3. The back part is too busy and redundant. I think it is best if they just choose either the wau or the crescent and its 14 pointed star. For this particular livery, I think it is best to drop the wau and have the blue yellow crescent and its 14 pointed star at the tail. The SQ A380 is better in this regard because their crescent and 5 stars is at the front part, away from the dove at the tail.

I don't like it.

I have the strong feeling that the Negaraku branding is too strong and overshadowing MAB. This the the much anticipated aircraft and the major milestone in MAB turnaround and I think they should focus on their branding alone.

I don't like it.

I have the strong feeling that the Negaraku branding is too strong and overshadowing MAB. This the the much anticipated aircraft and the major milestone in MAB turnaround and I think they should focus on their branding alone.

I think that's the point. It's a one-off deal I suppose

Don't think so - the first A350 will arrive well after Merdeka, in Dec 2017.

To some, the flag is facing/flying backwards.

Yes, it looks like it is flying into headwinds!

IMHO, it is not bad and a slight improvement on the A380 livery. But it is not one of MH's memorable liveries.

Maybe as a new standard livery, simply remove the big flag and maintain the cheatlines. Should look simple but nice enough. I just hate the current standard livery (ex A380)

Maybe as a new standard livery, simply remove the big flag and maintain the cheatlines. Should look simple but nice enough. I just hate the current standard livery (ex A380)

Maybe just remove the crescent and 14 pointed star. A bit like TG, but with red and blue.

Sign in to follow this