MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Samuel Chy

BKI/WBKK 2018

First of all, wishing you all Happy New Year and new thread for a new beginning.

as for the kick start, of course specially dedicated for our homeland newest aircraft, 9M-MAC.

with slight delays, sunlight getting dim. but this never chase us off, as well as the crowd wait for her departure along the fence.

minutes before she commence taxi, everyone remain calm and enjoy the foods, drinks, as well as chatting around. seconds later, all armed

39402453042_611b833ffb_o.jpg

with small amount of golden ray reflected on her body

38554803305_1c3436c5ce_o.jpg

the Negaraku seems quite nice with the golden yellow fuselage also.

39402451772_8cf66721b7_o.jpg

39432595161_8e5d635fe3_o.jpg

hopefully this will be a good start for the year of BKI spotting journey.

Happy New Year Samuel and thanks for sharing the excitement! :drinks:

Hope to see you next week!

see you soon bro~ :D

another part for the foreign airliners

25562523698_e7be809ed5_o.jpg

38554804085_b9ed590db3_o.jpg

38554802715_ba3d1c72da_o.jpg

Edited by Samuel Chy

and some for the locals.

25562526438_e8c6de466f_o.jpg

38554805775_8fe3ffde8d_o.jpg

39402454922_cbbd5d0d26_o.jpg

38554805155_ae5a09708f_o.jpg

39402453862_1746cddded_o.jpg

the Hybrids Engine. :friends:

39402453602_0b05b112c8_o.jpg

:drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

This year's new thread started very quickly! Happy New Year all! thanks for the pics.

I did see MAC climbing out of WBKK yesterday evening maybe about 1000-2000ft. Those engines does sound significantly quieter compared to the older gens ones. Really like the A359!

On another note, Jahur, how was your experience of both legs with MAC?

Edited by Eddy Liew

This year's new thread started very quickly! Happy New Year all! thanks for the pics.

I did see MAC climbing out of WBKK yesterday evening maybe about 1000-2000ft. Those engines does sound significantly quieter compared to the older gens ones. Really like the A359!

On another note, Jahur, how was your experience of both legs with MAC?

Sorry for the late reply haha. It was very quiet as everyone claims it to be. Seated beside the engine and during engine start up sequence you don't get the the cabin vibration and low pitch sound that the b777-300er ge-90 engine experience i had with Thai airways, even the 738 and a320 gives more kick not sure about the max and neo though. Take off length was also quite short even with nearly full passenger load on one of the sectors.

You can view the first class cabin and have a quick sit testing on it if you ask the cabin crews permission. Overall I think it's a bit claustraphobic due to the wall partition which I think was unnecessary unless they can widen the seats or space. The business class throne 9k seat is one of the best as you get engine view yet ample legroom for long haul sleeping which did not exist on mas a333 throne seats. Hopefully mab can maintain the planes cabin.

Catering for the KUL bound flight had a bit of screw up though. Due to the 3hour delay what was tea time meals was swapped to dinner service. Unfortunately BKI catering loaded meal options that were all spicy for business class. There were 5 very young kids on j class and they could only have the options of chicken rendang with nasi minyak, beef rendang with rice or the mihun with sambal prawn. Some of the parents were not happy. I choose the wrong meal of sambal prawns by mistake cause the color did not look over spicy but I was mistaken it was very salty and spicy. Return trip meals was okay.

It's totally calm where I am now (Likas area) but it would seem BKI is 'out of bounds' currently

From FR24:

CZ8335 CAN-BKI

8L835 KMG-BKI

AK6263 TWU-BKI

AK5304 JHB-BKI

are all doing loops in vicinity

MI396 seemingly joining the circus as well

AK6263 has arrived

The Chinese birds appear to be lining up for approach

As are MI396, AK5116 and OD1016

Dunno what happened to AK5304 though

Dunno what happened to AK5304 though

Apparently taking a rest at LBU and presumably taking on board sustenance :D

Yup, it was raining alright. Subsided a bit with a small window of light when MAC touch down, before getting worst.

26653173_10155858314341091_1139715762_o.

Today (7JAN18) was the last day of operation for Cathay Dragon out of BKI :cray:

Today (7JAN18) was the last day of operation for Cathay Dragon out of BKI :cray:

Was there some sort of farewell ceremony of sort? BKI is historically KA's first destination afterall since the airline's establishment.

Was there some sort of farewell ceremony of sort? BKI is historically KA's first destination afterall since the airline's establishment.

there is no special arrangement for this. only their manager/boss come over to give the greeting as i know.

:sorry:Dragonair/Cathay Dragons last flight. Really hope they reorganize their network. Load was actually okay maybe operating cost was the issue

eUgN9j8.jpg

Didnt know MASWings had two negaraku planes and both wearing different company logos hahaha.

XpoVOma.jpg

MQpiPXJ.jpg

Flight that took KS Ong and Allen back to KL.

Afaik MAC always comes to BKI in gloomy weather so far.

2vobJxB.jpg

Edited by jahur

Sad indeed Cathay Dragon as it's their last flight to BKI. AirAsia monopoly now.

Yup, weather hasn't been great for the past few weeks... monsoon season.

Thanks for the reply Jahur, good insight about the plane, and MAS's inflight service which gone pear shaped.

Sad indeed Cathay Dragon as it's their last flight to BKI. AirAsia monopoly now.

Yup, weather hasn't been great for the past few weeks... monsoon season.

Thanks for the reply Jahur, good insight about the plane, and MAS's inflight service which gone pear shaped.

MH no longer do BKI HKG?

MH no longer do BKI HKG?

Chickened out liau some time ago during one of their Einstein moments of rationalizaton

What happened ?! B-HSJ looked more like a A319 in that pic :D

indeed it looks quite pancake even in real plane. maybe the colour make it looks smaller. hehe...

I read in the local chinese daily that it was reported a simple farewell was done. Not sure about english daily. if got time later I upload it?

25705128388_51d1b95875_c.jpg

Newspaper Header : End to 33 years of BKI - HKG route by KA. Goodbye KA!

Here is the newspaper excerpt by OCDN dated 2018 01 08 report. I had a look at daily express but didn't see any report out KA's last flight. The report also states that the 2 KA offices will close this month.

top pic: senior management of KA from KL came over for KA's last flight from BKI.

lower pic: the KA ground crews ( from left: manager, and 2 ground staffs) posing before the last flight.