MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

Thought of starting a new thread of Amsterdam-Schiphol pictures, a la KLIA one (to relieve the server too), and as today was a real nice sunday with Spring-like weather, I went to the airport for 4-5 hours of spotting !!!

Had not used my trusty Nikon for awhile (due to bad Winter-weather), so took her from 'the grease' and started shooting right away: therefore, apologies for the many dust-spots - didn't realize this till viewing on my PC just now :sorry:

First one to pass my lens was this LAT-Charter (from Latvia)Airbus A320 YL-LCC, operating a Finnair-charter to Lapland (seen here on departure to Rovaniemi):

AMS10feb08010.jpg

Next one, was this Spanish registered 737 with tail-colours similar to the one you see now at KLIA :p :

AMS10feb08014.jpg

Atlas Blue.Com is now also sporting additional Royal Air Maroc titles :blink: :

AMS10feb08017.jpg

Always love the rocket-like take-offs of the Mad-Dog 80: just look at the climb-angle here :good: :

AMS10feb08019.jpg

You thought the Netherlands was the country of tulips ? :huh:

Well look carefully at this Airbus 321 - dedicated to Ilgaz, Hakan, Levent, Bulent and other IST friends...

AMS10feb08022.jpg

Rumours are, Vueling will merge with Click soon; better to take another shot of the A320 in this nice livery before it's too late :pardon: :

AMS10feb08024.jpg

US Airways is now using the wingletted 757's on her AMS-PHL run:

AMS10feb08034.jpg

We had 3 Atlas 747's at SPL this afternoon: here one taking off from 24 with a USA-bound overflight passing > 30000 feet higher :

AMS10feb08038.jpg

One of more than 10 NW flights out of AMS: a wingletted 757 bound for BDL:

AMS10feb08045.jpg

Love the ABC colours a lot, especially from this angle:

AMS10feb08054.jpg

Air Nostrum is operating into Northern Spain with these Bombardier CRJ's:

AMS10feb08062.jpg

Not only KLM cityhopper is operating the Dutch Lady, the French counterpart BritAir also does operate them:

AMS10feb08063.jpg

Not only CX operates Silver Bullets, JL does so too; do you see me in the reflection ? :pardon: :

AMS10feb08068.jpg

Looks very much like BluePanorama from Italy, except it's green and from China :rofl: :

AMS10feb08069.jpg

On a clear day like today, you can 'witness' lot's of overflights, like CSA A310-300:

AMS10feb08023.jpg

or.......Qantas (# 032) from LHR to SIN (go and get her, Kwek, LeeCH or KC !!! :pardon: ):

AMS10feb08040.jpg

Hi friends! I now post my KLM 777-300ER shots before Pieter does! :p

Havent seen you walk around this machine Pieter. Where were you? In the machine? :pardon:

Here my shots, not high quality due to fog :(

BVA0.jpg

Getting a welcome home shower by firebrigade

BVA1.jpg

BVA2.jpg

Press and welcomed guests, crew a.o.

BVA3.jpg

Look here on the nose 777-300ER :D

BVA4.jpg

BVA5.jpg

Look at those huge engines!

BVA6.jpg

BVA8.jpg

Finals nose section!

BVA7.jpg

BVA9.jpg

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

A very good start for 2008 thread, Pieter and Cornelis . :drinks:

Pieter, the sky is really blue there in those pics and easy for you to see dust spots too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice looking photos !

Cornelis, thanks for the exclusive 77W shots on such a cold day. :blink:

The name for the plane is really long. :rolleyes:

Hi friends! I now post my KLM 777-300ER shots before Pieter does! :p

Havent seen you walk around this machine Pieter. Where were you? In the machine? :pardon:

Congrats: you, indeed, beat me :drinks:

Where I was ? Working my @ss off, because of the fog !!! :angry: :angry:

Anyhow, here are a few shots taken by me, yesterday and today:

Nice puff of smoke from the nosewheel, and a blink from the tail to all MWers :p :

AMS12feb08003.jpg

PH-CKB is at the deco-bay today as a "Silver Bullet"...will it stay this way or get full colours again afterall ? :

AMS13feb08001.jpg

Like Cornelis said: it was very foggy today, and Bravo-Victor-Alpha was lucky to be able to land on 06 as KL7461 this morning :yahoo:

Here, she is seen being towed from the ramp to Hangar 11, for preparation for her 1st commercial flight, tomorrow, as KL0427 to DXB...:

AMS13feb08002.jpg

Still having nice 'white' wheels and being the first of six delivered sofar, she'll undoubtedly replace the full-pax 744's in KLM's fleet in due time, having a 425 seat capacity :blink: :

AMS13feb08003.jpg

Azuddin: these 77W shots dedicated to you, because you were the first to show this 'giant' in your siggy :clapping:

Nice shot guys and Thanks for the dedication Pieter.

Finally, my fav aircraft wearing my fav airline has been unleashed, Truly a beauty :drinks:

Azuddin

Thats awesome coverage there despite the thick fog, its good to know that she landed safely in that thick foggy blanket there...

just had to admire the sheer beauty of the T7Whiskey in stunning KLM colours :drinks:

Nice spotting pic up there too, missed this thread .. what was i doing in Mwings all these while?? :pardon:

Great Coverage from Schiphol! I hope they'll ploy it to KUL one day in the near future....

eerrr....FOG. very low viz there in AMS.

Silver Bullet KLM cargo....(pray pray)

wooo...-300ER,

any idea pax config?

Dont worry about dust spot Pieter...

Just blow it with the blower...should be fine.

will wait for more...

Silver Bullet KLM cargo....(pray pray)

wooo...-300ER,

any idea pax config?

No Silver Bullet for KLM: they were spraying a cover-layer on Kilo-Bravo this afternoon, before the 'blue' would re-appear :(

Pax configuration for the 77W is 35C390Y (as mentioned before)... :pardon:

No Silver Bullet for KLM: they were spraying a cover-layer on Kilo-Bravo this afternoon, before the 'blue' would re-appear :(

TeeKay,

Here's proof of her new blue dress: taken today at the paint-facilities... :blink: :

AMS17feb08005.jpg

Black-Beauty is shivering here at sunrise with -5 degrees temperatures :pardon: :

AMS16feb08001.jpg

The smallest and biggest aircraft in the Martinair colours are parked together for a promotional photoshoot !!! :good: :

AMS16feb08004.jpg

Cheers :drinks:

A very foggy day @ AMS again on 20feb2008, thus providing a 'mystic' shot of this nice Gee-Four:

AMS20feb08001.jpg

As you know, KLM will phase-out the 733's soon; before returning the aircraft to the leasing-company, they require some corrosion checks to be performed, hence the 'bare-metal colours':

PH-BTE:

AMS20feb08004.jpg

PH-BDN:

AMS20feb08005.jpg

Registrations still visible :yahoo:

This thread has been sleeping for awhile, so time to 'wake-up'... :pardon:

Italians are really good in design (imho), and I do love the simple yet stylish colourscheme on this Falcon 2000:

AMS18mar08001.jpg

We didn't have a white Christmas, but certainly had a white Easter, as evidenced by the snow on this Canadian North Fokker 100 PH-SEM:

AMS24mar2008004.jpg

Trying a nose-shot this afternoon was B-2441; Azahan, how am I doing ? :huh: :

AMS24mar2008006.jpg

Today, I was able to visit the 737 hangar, and this is what I found (real happy :yahoo: ):

5Y-KQD Boeing 737-300 Kenya Airways - the proud of Africa:

AMS30mar2008003.jpg

AMS30mar2008001.jpg

PH-BTG Boeing 737-300 all-white - will leave KLM fleet for Air Slovakia:

AMS30mar2008006.jpg

OO-TNK Boeing 737-300Freighter TNT:

AMS30mar2008008.jpg

AMS30mar2008007.jpg

While returning back to the office, 9M-MPM passed my lens :pardon: :good: (dedicated to our Melaka-MWers):

AMS30mar2008011.jpg

AMS30mar2008012.jpg

Than, before leaving home, I stumbled upon these two, one from the United Kingdom (G-VAST)and one from the Russian Federation (VP-BWW) :blink: :

AMS30mar2008013.jpg

AMS30mar2008014.jpg

AMS30mar2008015.jpg

Quite an interesting day, maintenance-visitor-wise :pardon:

Yesterday, we had a real nice visitor by means of this Super Puma, only coded "FX"...anyone which Air Force :huh: :p

AMS02apr2008001.jpg

Not the best quality, but the colourscheme is most interesting nevertheless:

AMS03apr2008002.jpg

A Beechcraft B58 Baron in full (old) British Midland colours !!! :yahoo:

Nice catch, wonder if they will paint it into the new scheme or better still into the Star Alliance livery :rofl:

Thanks Phil & Simon,

Very sad this tail is not gracing the Pacific skies anymore:

AMS06apr2008003.jpg

but, what the heck is she doing at AMS ? :huh:

AMS06apr2008010.jpg

back to base, I guess, after the end of Aloha... :(

Nice looking Eurocopter resting at the General Aviation platform of Schiphol:

AMS06apr2008002.jpg

Since Chaity adores tails, this one is for you, bro; last week she arrived (see above) and today she's ready to fly off the nest again, back to "The Island" :pardon:

AMS06apr2008004.jpg

Never knew the cockpitcrew of the Bus had such a good overall view from 'up there', right Quack Quack ? :huh:

AMS06apr2008009.jpg

till next time...

Nice shots Pieter, I would say the Aloha/transavia ihas returned off lease due to Aloha sadly going under :(

Wow, Virgin at AMS :drinks: Excellent pixies Pieter. I might transit at AMS next month on my way to NYC with KLM, I really want to go that airport again but now KL seems to be slightly expensive than UA.......special rate for me Pieter? :pardon: